It is easier for a camel...

It is easier for a camel...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
20 Sep 18

Originally posted by @pudgenik
My friends. when it comes to quoting scripture make sure your arguement agrees with more than just a line or two. There should be a lot of scripture used, and across the board

the holy ghost people of eastern Kentucky are the snake handlers. they base their whole church on three verses of scripture.

can we condemn them. yes and no. yes because they test God. No because they believe it in thier hearts. im glad im not God
I am not attacking peoples faith or their beliefs. My point has always been as follows:
- that in the end regardless of what you believe, you are going to be judged by your works and that means your ability to follow the commandments of Christ.

Snake handlers, Paul worshippers, Mary worshippers, Hindus, Muslims, will all be judged by their works and whether or not they showed love to their fellow man.

Paul was confronted with Jews, Gentiles and all different types of people and he said that it does nothing matters - belief, unbelief, circumcision, uncircumsion - except the keeping of the commandments of Christ.

Many Christians are very far away from this doctrine of Christ and have instead focused on professing faith with their mouth as their sole requirement for eternal life, even discouraging good works by referring to it as legalistic and trying to earn your salvation.

T

Moves
20 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
If the whole human race are sinners they are evil doers, you aware of any besides Jesus Christ who walk sinless before God?
If the whole human race are sinners they are evil doers, you aware of any besides Jesus Christ who walk sinless before God?

I know that's what you believe.

Once again, stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew".

Of course, if your belief that no one can cease to sin is true, then Jesus would be saying that He "never knew" anyone. On the other hand, if that belief is not true, then Jesus would be saying exactly what He actually said. Imagine that.

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]If the whole human race are sinners they are evil doers, you aware of any besides Jesus Christ who walk sinless before God?

I know that's what you believe.

Once again, stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "ne ...[text shortened]... emain forever.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”[/b]
All have sinned and fallen short no argument with me on that point!

T

Moves
20 Sep 18
4 edits

That's not what I said. You've once again dodged the point. It's what you do.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus.

Either you accept or reject what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23. Thus far you have been rejecting it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
20 Sep 18

[b]All have sinned and fallen short no argument with me on that point!

That's not what I said. You've once again dodged the point. It's what you do.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus.

Either you accept or reject what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23. Thus far you have been rejecting it.[/b]
You don’t believe all have sinned, you think some have not?

You think sinners and evil doers are not the same?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 18

In reading the scripture, it is important to note. the scripture is written multi-leveled. for the beginner, or baby christian, for the learned to study more and for the deep thinkers. It is also written to the mind, heart, and the soul. So when we read the passage Jesus spoke, He speaks to us as the trinity. (we are created in the image of God. a trinity. mind, heart, soul)
Yes, the bible is steeped in metaphor .... I have like 7 of them however not much time for proper reading right now. Still, everytime I open it up randomly it speaks to me 🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Sep 18

My friends. when it comes to quoting scripture make sure your arguement agrees with more than just a line or two. There should be a lot of scripture used, and across the board

the holy ghost people of eastern Kentucky are the snake handlers. they base their whole church on three verses of scripture.

can we condemn them. yes and no. yes because they test God. No because they believe it in thier hearts. im glad im not God
You are God. However no one is above the Lord

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
21 Sep 18

No. Evildoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Sinners will. They are not the same.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @rajk999
No. Evildoers will not inherit the Kingdom of God. Sinners will. They are not the same.
What is the difference between a sinner and a evil doer?

You think that when one sins it isn’t evil, do you think sinning is a righteous act?

You think sinning is good and not wicked?

T

Moves
21 Sep 18

How about actually addressing the point instead of asking questions?

Either you accept or reject what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23. Thus far you have been rejecting it.

Yes, they are the same.

As I said: In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus.

F

Moves
21 Sep 18

What is the difference between a sinner and a evil doer?
Do you believe - as some Christians seem to - that being angry with one's 'brother' is equally as evil as murdering 6,000,000 Jews? When this was being talked about a lot a year or so back, you never commented, so presumably, you think both acts are equally "evil", right?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18

How about actually addressing the point instead of asking questions?

[b]You think sinners and ...[text shortened]... ose to whom He will say He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus.
"He "never knew". Therefore only those who do not sin are known to Jesus. "

The scripture says all have sinned, so who are these who never have sinned?

I'm glad you see sinners and evil doers are the same, I'm surprised you think the Bible
lied about all sinning. You think John and whoever wrote the book of Hebrews were liars
too, because it sounds like to me that Jesus' cleanse us of our sins, and God simply
chooses to remember them no more.

1 John 1:7-9 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. 8 If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Hebrews 8:12
For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Do you believe - as some Christians seem to - that being angry with one's 'brother' is equally as evil as murdering 6,000,000 Jews? When this was being talked about a lot a year or so back, you never commented, so presumably, you think both acts are equally "evil", right?
What are you talking about? Don't presume to think you know what I believe, you get it
right so little. Not sure what you mean by equally evil, if something is evil its evil, the
acts themselves both could be evil, but the severity of those affected would in my opinion
make one worse than the other. Scripturally read the text below.

Matthew 5:22
But I say to you that everyone who is angry with his brother will be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother will be liable to the council; and whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be liable to the hell of fire.

F

Moves
21 Sep 18
1 edit

What are you talking about? Don't presume to think you know what I believe, you get it right so little. Not sure what you mean by equally evil, if something is evil its evil, the acts themselves both could be evil, but the severity of those affected would in my opinion make one worse than the other.
The notion that being angry with one's 'brother' is equally as evil as murdering 6,000,000 Jews was a supposedly "objective" and "absolutely morally true" Christian analysis of "evil" that cropped up repeatedly about a year or so ago on threads you were contributing to. I notice that you never stood up to such nonsense or even questioned it, that's all. That's why there's a question mark over what you believe. So being angry with one's 'brother' is "evil" because "evil is evil". Understood.

Moves
21 Sep 18