1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 08:17
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Did you read the post we were referring to?

"Alternatively...

I do think I’m better than most in here but I’m only better because Jesus has made me better, I don’t take the credit for being better than others."
    no one here has claimed to b better than Jesus
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 08:25
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    no one here has claimed to b better than Jesus
    I wasn't the one that wrote that either, I'm quoting what he said that we were talking about.
    Notice the verbiage.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 08:43
    Originally posted by @fmf
    "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Is fhis statement political?
    no its ridiculous camels are big needles small.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 10:051 edit
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    [b]Those that don’t believe are condemned already, and there is going to be many who say Lord to Jesus who Jesus is going to say, “Depart from me I never knew you.”

Never mind that Jesus clearly and unambiguously states that He will say that to those who have not ceased to do evil.

Matthew 7
    23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you ...[text shortened]... as snow;
    Though they are red like crimson,
    They will be like wool.[/b][/b]
    Lets look at these, if you are going to quote them and apply them to God as being truthful
    we can agree that God is using these scripture. I'll share a scripture I was applying
    in my statements. Jesus said the book of John, that whoever believes in not condemned
    and those that do not believe are condemn already, it is very clear who is condemn and
    who is not.

John 3:17-19 English Standard Version (ESV)
    17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil.

I have no issues with what Jesus said in Matthew either, because it isn't by works we are
    saved, it is by knowing and obeying the Lord. If you work and do not know the Lord, you
    will die in your sins no matter what your good works were. From prophesy to casting out
    demons it doesn't matter it isn't by our works, it is by being in Christ and obeying Him,
    and God is doing a work in us by His Spirit in us, being born again.

Matthew 7:22-24 English Standard Version (ESV)
    22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

What was it that the Lord said, it was more than just doing good works, and there was
    good works there, but that wasn't it! The stresses, knowing the Lord now. It is no
    different than Isaiah either, it wasn't just works God stresses.

"Come now, and let us reason together."

There is an aspect of knowing God even there too, you and the Lord should be coming
    together even in the OT this was true, seek the Lord. As Jesus said depart from me I
    never knew you, and in the OT God says, come now and let us reason together, requires
    us and the Lord coming together, and if you don't do that if you are not in Christ and
    Christ in you, you will die in your sins. Our outer works, own righteousness will always
    fall short, even religious works.

Isaiah 1
    15“So when you spread out your hands in prayer,
    I will hide My eyes from you;
    Yes, even though you multiply prayers,
    I will not listen.
    Your hands are covered with blood.

16 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
    Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight.
    Cease to do evil,

17Learn to do good;
    Seek justice,
    Reprove the ruthless,
    Defend the orphan,
    Plead for the widow.

18“Come now, and let us reason together,”
    Says the LORD,
    “Though your sins are as scarlet,
    They will be as white as snow;
    They will be like wool.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:19
    Lets look at these, if you are going to quote them and apply them to God as being truthful
    we can agree that God is using these scripture. I'll share a scripture I was applying
    in my statements. Jesus said the book of John, that whoever believes in not condemned
    and those that do not believe are condemn already, it is very clear who is condemn and
    who ...[text shortened]... ite as snow;
    They will be like wool.
    KJ, I'll try to keep it as simple as possible for you. Following is a translation of Matthew 7:23 in its entirety:
    <<Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'>>

Jesus explicitly names those to whom He will say He "never knew": " Evildoers"

You can pretend otherwise, but Jesus said what He said and was very explicit about it. You can either accept it or reject it. Thus far you've rejected it.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:25
    KJ, I'll try to keep it as simple as possible for you. Following is a translation of Matthew 7:23 in its entirety:
    <<Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'>>

Jesus explicitly names those to whom He will say He "never knew": " Evildoers"

You can pretend otherwise, but Jesus said what He said and was very explicit about it. You can either accept it or reject it. Thus far you've rejected it.
    Actually no I don’t reject it as a matter of fact I put the whole human race in that category, our default position before God is sinners falling short of His Glory. The whole race stands condemned before God, accept those answering God’s call to His grace.
  7. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:31
    the bible verses u and rajk provide are pure gold for a simpleton like me
    In reading the scripture, it is important to note. the scripture is written multi-leveled. for the beginner, or baby christian, for the learned to study more and for the deep thinkers. It is also written to the mind, heart, and the soul. So when we read the passage Jesus spoke, He speaks to us as the trinity. (we are created in the image of God. a trinity. mind, heart, soul)
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 17:374 edits
    Actually no I don’t reject it as a matter of fact I put the whole human race in that category, our default position before God is sinners falling short of His Glory. The whole race stands condemned before God, accept those answering God’s call to His grace.
    ... I put the whole human race in that category, our default position before God is sinners falling short of His Glory. The whole race stands condemned before God, accept [sic] those answering God’s call to His grace.

I know that's what you believe.

But here we're talking about what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explicitly named "evildoers" as those to whom He will say He "never knew".

You can continue to pretend otherwise, but Jesus said what He said and was very explicit about it. You can either accept it or reject it. Thus far you've rejected it.

Stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said.
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:022 edits
    the bible verses u and rajk provide are pure gold for a simpleton like me
    It doesn't get much more simple and straightforward than the following:
    Jesus said, "‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’"

God said, "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil."

Even when it's about as simple and straightforward as it can get, KJ and the other "salvation by faith alone" adherents repeatedly demonstrate that they are "blind' to what is being said. From what I can tell, what blinds them is what rajk calls "church doctrine". Because of it, they stumble around in darkness, yet they believe it is light.

Matthew 6
    22“The eye is the lamp of the body; so then if your eye is clear, your whole body will be full of light. 23“But if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light that is in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
  10. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:031 edit
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Actually it is a valid question because church doctrine and true Christian doctrine are worlds apart. KellyJ demonstrated that. The life in Christ, or giving your life to Christ, or abiding in Christ has NOTHING, NOTHING WHATSOEVER, to do with what KJ described. KJ is a product of the church, and so are you and many on this forum. KJ is not a product of Chr ...[text shortened]... le, they pray, over and over and over. There is no virtue in a life of pretentious spirituality.
    Many years ago, the Lord sent me to Kentucky. i had no idea where i was going, no idea to whom i was going to see. After a day there, i met some volunteers and joined them. I worked for the Christian Appalachian Project for two years.

While there, the Lord told me to learn about the other churches, his ppl. i went to a different service, every sunday for 2 yrs. while at each church, i would listen to the sermons and talk with many ppl.after the service.

in the end i came to a conclusion. the churches are like a big family. each thinks they have the niche on God and all others are wrong. and although each church only thinks that God only loves them, and that only they see the truth in scripture. there are still many many many ppl in all those churches that love God. and God loves them all, equally
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:101 edit
    My friends. when it comes to quoting scripture make sure your arguement agrees with more than just a line or two. There should be a lot of scripture used, and across the board

the holy ghost people of eastern Kentucky are the snake handlers. they base their whole church on three verses of scripture.

can we condemn them. yes and no. yes because they test God. No because they believe it in thier hearts. im glad im not God
  12. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:171 edit
    who ...[text shortened]... ite as snow;
    They will be like wool.
    i like your arguement. but in this we have to understand Paul as well. What does Paul mean, or who is he talking about when he states. For those who know the law, they will be judged by the law, and for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in thier hearts.

yes one verse.

to me, all of scripture has to agree with itself. we can not take what just agrees with my personal creed
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:23
    Originally posted by @pudgenik
    i like your arguement. but in this we have to understand Paul as well. What does Paul mean, or who is he talking about when he states. For those who know the law, they will be judged by the law, and for those who do not know the law, they will be judged by the law written in thier hearts.

yes one verse.

to me, all of scripture has to agree with itself. we can not take what just agrees with my personal creed
    You have a point?
  14. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:23
    Originally posted by @badradger
    no its ridiculous camels are big needles small.
    the eye of a needle was a name given to a human gate. kind of like going to a garage. there is the door for the car to go thought, and another for people to go though
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '18 18:52
    [b]... I put the whole human race in that category, our default position before God is sinners falling short of His Glory. The whole race stands condemned before God, accept [sic] those answering God’s call to His grace.

I know that's what you believe.

But here we're talking about what Jesus said in Matthew 7:23.

In Matthew 7:23 Jesus explic ...[text shortened]... far you've rejected it.

Stating what you believe does not in any way change what Jesus said.[/b]
    If the whole human race are sinners they are evil doers, you aware of any besides Jesus Christ who walk sinless before God?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree