1. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    10 Aug '12 17:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The Trinitarian view is the only view that fits all the statements in the Holy Bible. For example, the following link shows the problems with modalism:

http://www.bible.ca/trinity/trinity-modalism.htm
    there are problems with all the positions. the trinitarians are on the most shaky ground of all.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 05:54
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    there are problems with all the positions. the trinitarians are on the most shaky ground of all.
    That may be because God is there shaking the ground.
    HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord!
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 06:001 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What you just said makes no sense whatsoever, is completely self contradictory and completely unscriptural in terms of how God describes himself in the Bible. You are believing a pagan spin on Christianity and applying it to the one living God who says himself on multiple occaisions "I AM ONE" and "I will not give my glory to another".
    Instead of believing in just certain parts of what is written about God in the Holy Bible, as you do, I believe all that is written about God in the Holy Bible. 😏
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 08:302 edits
    Instead of believing in just certain parts of what is written about God in the Holy Bible, as you do, I believe all that is written about God in the Holy Bible. 😏
    What manner of debate tactic is this I see before me...?

Oh yes, accuse my antagonist of unbelief and claim victory by default.

Edit/PS:

Praise the [one] Lord...not Lords, or multiple persons masquerading as one Lord !!!
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 08:37
    That may be because God is there shaking the ground.
    God is shaking the the trinitarian's ground?

While pausing to wipe the drool from your chin, you should occaisionally try reading the posts you are replying to.
  6. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 15:261 edit
    [b]There is no mention specifically of the "Triune God" in any Hebrew or Greek text. Of course many have known that for centries.

Not in the Bible once, and yet you choose you still use the term and with a captital T, interesting.

However, the fact of a Three - One God and Trinity is revealed in the Bible. For the Father is described as God ...[text shortened]... We each must make our own decisions I suppose.

"Hear oh Israel the LORD your God is ONE."

Not in the Bible once, and yet you choose you still use the term and with a captital T, interesting.
    [/b]

That is correct. I still refer to our wonderful "Triune God" .
    You don't have to.

There is ONE God irrespective of our interpretation.

That is why we say "Triune God [singular] ".
    You don't have to use such speech.

Three gods is paganism. We each must make our own decisions I suppose.

Thank the Lord I do not believe in three gods.

"Hear oh Israel the LORD your God is ONE."

Amen. And Amen.

"And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness ... And God created man in HIS own image ..." (See Gen. 1:26,27)

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (John 14:23)

Praise the Lord for the wonderful Triune God.

You don't have to use the phrase is you prefer not.
  7. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 17:06
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Thank the Lord I do not believe in three gods.
    which one of your three gods are you thanking?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 18:59
    You mean, which of the three persons are you thanking? You apparently keep forgetting that there is only one God.
  9. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 19:082 edits

Which of the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit am I thanking ? That is what you are asking me.

The one who is eternal.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 20:501 edit

Which of the Father, Son, or Holy Spirit am I thanking ? That is what you are asking me.

The one who is eternal.
    Aren't each of them a God according to your dogma; which one do you pray to?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 21:25
    You mean, which of the three persons are you thanking? You apparently keep forgetting that there is only one God.
    Each person is a god, so which one are you talking to?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 21:45
    We normally pray to the Father in the name of the Son and with the spiritual guidance of the Holy Spirit.
  13. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 23:19
    We normally pray to the Father in the name of the Son and with the spiritual guidance of the Holy Spirit.
    you have quiet the pantheon there. a full house of gods.
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    11 Aug '12 23:543 edits

Are you the prayer police now ?

Paul prayed to the Father (Eph. 3:14) -"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father, ... that He would grant you ..." .

But praise the Lord, Paul also petitioned the Son of God too.

"Concerning this I entreated the Lord three times ..." (2 Cor. 12:8)

So I pray to the Father. I also pray to the Lord Jesus, the Son, like the Apostle Paul did.

There is only ONE God in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Aug '12 02:261 edit

Are you the prayer police now ?

Paul prayed to the Father [b](Eph. 3:14)
    -"For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father, ... that He would grant you ..." .

But praise the Lord, Paul also petitioned the Son of God too.

"Concerning t ike the Apostle Paul did.

There is only ONE God in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
    [/b]It's like that commercial for CenturyLink, offering a 19.95/month price that won't change for five years, and an audience member gets up and says "Nothing can change for five years?" They just don't seem to get it.

Seeing all the beating you're getting in the other thread about homosexuality and in this thread about the Trinity, my first thought is maybe you should give it a rest for a while. I know we are commanded to "spread the Good Word", but this is just pearls before swine, my friend. If you can sway even one of these, you are doing the Lord's work, but I'm afraid most here are beyond convincing. I know, I know, we always come back to it because we feel the need to at least expose everyone to the truth. But taking a "frustration break" is not a bad thing. It clears the mind wonderfully, and allows us to "re-connect".

Kudos for your efforts and your patience. Not sure I'd have the same patience, but that's my failing. I'm just saying, taking a break to recharge the batteries does help a lot. It also makes the jackals focus on something besides your backside for a while. 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree