Jesus claimed to be God

Jesus claimed to be God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
If they do 'good works' before they are a Christian but then do less 'good works' after they become one, is that due to "God's Holy Spirit" etc. as well?
That wouldn’t be the case. You’re presenting a false hypothetical.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
Just stating a fact.
If a Hindu tells you that you might come back as some sort of bad or lowly creature when you are reincarnated, is that "just stating a fact" as well?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Mar 18

What will happen to me - according to your belief in supernatural things - at the moment I supposedly realize you were 'right' and I was 'wrong'?
Good unbelievers fare better than evil Christians on the day of judgment.
Paul said that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

If they don't change, and they are just the same as before vis a vis 'good works' etc., are they "saved" anyway as long as they do the "the acceptance and belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection" thing?
Like rajk999, you’re denying the power of God’s Holy Spirit. An individual person will be changed by God’s Holy Spirit - no ifs, ands or buts about it.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

That wouldn’t be the case. You’re presenting a false hypothetical.
You're asserting that a person who does 'good works' before they become a Christian cannot then do less 'good works' after they become one?

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

An individual person will be changed by God’s Holy Spirit - no ifs, ands or buts about it.
Evidence?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Do you have any evidence?
Sure, there are hundreds of testimonials on the Internet. I’m sure you could find some of them pretty easily. Some are quite dramatic.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
This is exactly what churches do now.
They take good people who do good works
and change them to people who do nothing...
because the pastor says it is trying to earn your salvation.
How would you know? You mock people who read the Bible and go to church.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

What will happen to me - according to your belief in supernatural things - at the moment I supposedly realize you were 'right' and I was 'wrong'?
I’ve said several times on here I don’t know if annihilationism or an eternity in hell await the unsaved.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

If a Hindu tells you that you might come back as some sort of bad or lowly creature when you are reincarnated, is that "just stating a fact" as well?
No, because Hinduism is a false religion.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Sure, there are hundreds of testimonials on the Internet. I’m sure you could find some of them pretty easily. Some are quite dramatic.
But there are "hundreds of testimonials on the Internet" of pretty much any or all religions having a positive effect on their adherents. I have not disputed for one minute the idea that religious faith - of any kind - can change a person or make them feel changed.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Good unbelievers fare better than evil Christians on the day of judgment.
Paul said that.
No such thing as an evil Christian. You’re again denying the power of God’s Holy Spirit.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

I’ve said several times on here I don’t know if annihilationism or an eternity in hell await the unsaved.
So you don't know what's going to happen to me when I 'find I am wrong'?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Mar 18

How would you know? You mock people who read the Bible and go to church.
I mock people who read the bible and go to church and then after doing that, they proceed with their normal crooked sinful ways. Those types of Christians are mouth worshiping hypocrites.

I do not mock anyone, Christian or otherwise who try to live according to the commandments of Christ and I encourage all people to do that because it is the right thing to do.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

You're asserting that a person who does 'good works' before they become a Christian cannot then do less 'good works' after they become one?
Depends on their circumstances before and after. You keep trying to make this formulaic and it’s not.