Jesus claimed to be God

Jesus claimed to be God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
Evidence?
Look up testimonials on the Internet. I’m sure you’ll find plenty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

But there are "hundreds of testimonials on the Internet" of pretty much any or all religions having a positive effect on their adherents. I have not disputed for one minute the idea that religious faith - of any kind - can change a person or make them feel changed.
I don’t think that’s correct. I think you’re playing fast and loose with the facts. Have you literally seen hundreds of testimonials on the Internet of every religion?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

So you don't know what's going to happen to me when I 'find I am wrong'?
It’s either annihilationism or an eternity in hell. From what I’ve read, there is Biblical support for both.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
I mock people who read the bible and go to church and then after doing that, they proceed with their normal crooked sinful ways. Those types of Christians are mouth worshiping hypocrites.

I do not mock anyone, Christian or otherwise who try to live according to the commandments of Christ and I encourage all people to do that because it is the right thing to do.
Well I’m glad you changed your position on reading the Bible and going to church.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
I don’t think that’s correct. I think you’re playing fast and loose with the facts. Have you literally seen hundreds of testimonials on the Internet of every religion?
Presumably, given this answer, you believe that it's only Christians who have them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Presumably, given this answer, you believe that it's only Christians who have them.
Not what I said. You were caught declaring an obvious falsehood and now you’re trying to cover it up by falsely representing what I have said.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

It’s either annihilationism or an eternity in hell. From what I’ve read, there is Biblical support for both.
Well, I have no reason to doubt that - although it's an unnecessarily fancy word for it - "annihilation" is what awaits us all.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Well, I have no reason to doubt that - although it's an unnecessarily fancy word for it - "annihilation" is what awaits us all.
It’s certainly one possibility for atheists and non-Christians and a better alternative than an eternity in hell.

Christians know we’re going to be with God.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Not what I said. You were caught declaring an obvious falsehood and now you’re trying to cover it up by falsely representing what I have said.
I've read, listened to, watched countless testimonies by Muslims over the last 25 years. More than "many hundreds". There is a whole TV genre devoted to it. That's just Islam. And only one country. And only what I've happened to have seen. There are probably more than a million religion-related blogs here in Indonesia alone stuffed full of stories of faith and personal transformation and redemption and endurance and praise and thanks to their god figure and so on. That's just here. That's a start.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

I've read, listened to, watched countless testimonies by Muslims over the last 25 years. More than "many hundreds". There is a whole TV genre devoted to it. That's just Islam. And only one country. And only what I've happened to have seen. There are probably more than a million religion-related blogs here in Indonesia alone stuffed full of stories of faith and ...[text shortened]... endurance and praise and thanks to their god figure and so on. That's just here. That's a start.
Well provide some links to back all that up.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Well provide some links to back all that up.
No.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

No.
Why not?

You seem to be inundated and overrun with testimonials of other religions and you can’t provide any links?

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

The person changes by developing an aversion to sin and by doing good works.

You have to compare the individual person before he or she became a Christian to some time after that.

You’re trying to compare a person who became a Christian to someone who is not a Christian when the two people may have radically different circumstances, resources and lives.
Everyone and anyone who does 'good works' does so as a result of their own efforts in combination with things like their character and their ideology or motivation and maybe some environmental factors.

If you, as a Christian, do 'good works', it might well be related to your religious beliefs but it's far-fetched to think there is anything supernatural happening.

I don't think Christians do any 'good works' of any kind that aren't the result purely of their own efforts and beliefs, exactly the same as non-Christians.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Why not?

You seem to be inundated and overrun with testimonials of other religions and you can’t provide any links?
I can't be bothered. If you found what I told you about life in Indonesia interesting, good. If not, fine. If you don't believe it, that's fine too.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Everyone and anyone who does 'good works' does so as a result of their own efforts in combination with things like their character and their ideology or motivation and maybe some environmental factors.

If you, as a Christian, do 'good works', it might well be related to your religious beliefs but it's far-fetched to think there is anything supernatural happ ...[text shortened]... t aren't the result purely of their own efforts and beliefs, exactly the same as non-Christians.
If you’re looking for evidence of the power of God’s Holy Spirit, you have to look at how an individual life has been changed. You have to compare an individual’s life before he or she became a Christian to after, and “good works” are only part of it.