Jesus claimed to be God

Jesus claimed to be God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
And what evidence is there of this?
The person changes by developing an aversion to sin and by doing good works.

You have to compare the individual person before he or she became a Christian to some time after that.

You’re trying to compare a person who became a Christian to someone who is not a Christian when the two people may have radically different circumstances, resources and lives.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

If you think it makes you happy to do that, and if it makes other people happy, good for you, but beyond that it is utterly meaningless to me. You might as well be a Hari Krsna or a Muslim preacher.
You only think it’s meaningless to you. You’ll find out later how very wrong you are.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

So it "changes" them, you say, but you get surly when I ask about what would they be like if they are not "changed" by it?
I’m getting a little annoyed because you seem to be asking the same question over and over in slightly different ways.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
The person changes by developing an aversion to sin and by doing good works.
This is an assertion. I am asking for evidence.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

You have to compare the individual person before he or she became a Christian to some time after that.
If they do 'good works' before they are a Christian but then do less 'good works' after they become one, is that due to "God's Holy Spirit" etc. as well?

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

I’m getting a little annoyed because you seem to be asking the same question over and over in slightly different ways.
Maybe your mood is caused by you staying up all night long again; what time is it now? 7 am? You've been up the whole night long.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

You only think it’s meaningless to you. You’ll find out later how very wrong you are.
Do you think this amounts to much in the way of a discussion/debate point? It seems like a very weak thing to say to a non-believer. Is it supposed to help them to believe the same things as you?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Do you think this amounts to much in the way of a discussion/debate point? It seems like a very weak thing to say to a non-believer. Is it supposed to help them to believe the same things as you?
Just stating a fact.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Mar 18
2 edits

The evidence is clear .. there are millions of born again Christians with the Holy Spirit, all over the world living righteously and doing good works. Romans1009 for example ... the Holy Spirit guides him to look after his mother. Ordinary people without the Holy Spirit would never do that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

You’d have to know someone before he or she became a Christian and after he or she became a Christian.

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

If they don't change, and they are just the same as before vis a vis 'good works' etc., are they "saved" anyway as long as they do the "the acceptance and belief in Jesus Christ and His Resurrection" thing?

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

You’d have to know someone before he or she became a Christian and after he or she became a Christian.
Do you have any evidence?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
24 Mar 18

If they do 'good works' before they are a Christian but then do less 'good works' after they become one, is that due to "God's Holy Spirit" etc. as well?
This is exactly what churches do now.
They take good people who do good works
and change them to people who do nothing...
because the pastor says it is trying to earn your salvation.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Mar 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
The evidence is clear .. there are millions of born again Christians with the Holy Spirit, all over the world living righteously and doing good works. Romans1009 for example ... the Holy Spirit guides him to look after his mother. Ordinary people without the Holy Spirit would never do that.
I see the salvation-by-works false teacher has arrived.

What constitutes good works in your view? Bearing false witness, condemning people to hell, teaching false doctrines, misrepresenting what people believe and have said? Are those your “good works,” chest puffer?

F

Moves
24 Mar 18

Just stating a fact.
What will happen to me - according to your belief in supernatural things - at the moment I supposedly realize you were 'right' and I was 'wrong'?