1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 12:40
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    It might teach you to watch your tongue a bit and try to contribute to the conversation -- and everyone knows that that is where the real fun happens.
    Thank you for your suggestions.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Mar '18 12:50
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    You literally troll everyone in the Spirituality forum.

I believe you do not post in the Debates forum because there is a greater diversity of posters and no one is willing to take you remotely seriously, thus driving you away from there.

But you should come by.

It might teach you to watch your tongue a bit and try to contribute to the conversation -- and everyone knows that that is where the real fun happens.
    Forum comedy gold.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Apr '18 09:09
    “And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.”

(John 17:5)
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Apr '18 18:091 edit
    Jesus clearly identifying Himself as God become a man.

"Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her!

How often I desired to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings, and you would not!" (Matt. 23:37)

In the Old Testament it was always God Himself who cared for Jerusalem and the Jews as a bird flutters over her young such as in Isaiah 31:5 and Deuteronomy 32:11-12.

When Jesus said that HE desired to "gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her brood under her wings," He was indicating that He was God Himself.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 00:27
    Originally posted by @romans1009
    Here’s one from the Gospel of Matthew:

“When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am?

And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets.

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am?

And Simon Pete ...[text shortened]... d blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.”

(Matthew 16:13-17)
    Really? This is where Jesus says he is God who happens to be his Father? Where exactly does he say this here?

Do you really not see the word "son" used here? Where in any society does the word son mean Father as in they are the same being?

Example: "I say I'm my fathers son".
    " Jesus says he is his fathers son".
    But yet somehow, someway the trinity says they are the same?

Every time I see some one post a scripture that actually disproves the trinity but yet they say it does, it's mind boggling.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 00:28
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Forum comedy gold.
    Dead on friend!!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 00:33
    And one from the Gospel of John:

“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?

Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, an ...[text shortened]... is why the Jews in this passage took up stones to throw at Jesus - they knew what He was saying.
    Of course he existed before any human. Jesus was created long before the earth was even here. But he is not his Father Jehovah who created Jesus, his firstborn. That's why the scripture at Col 1:15 says Jesus was the "firstborn of all creation".
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 00:37
    Calling Biblical passages “spam?”

Why do they upset you so much?

Regarding the verses you identified, do you realize when Jesus took on flesh, He was fully God and fully man and was consequently “a little lower than the angels?”

Obviously, the status of being “a little lower than the angels” is not the same status as God the Father, nor the same ...[text shortened]... lory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

(Hebrews 2:9)
    Exodus 33:20
    20 But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.”

So did they really see God? No.......
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 01:45
    Originally posted by @galveston75
    Exodus 33:20
    20 But he added: “You cannot see my face, for no man can see me and live.”

So did they really see God? No.......
    Jesus was fully God and fully man. As the Hebrews states, He was made a little lower than the angels. He existed as God before He took on flesh.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 01:52
    Jesus was fully God and fully man. As the Hebrews states, He was made a little lower than the angels. He existed as God before He took on flesh.
    Fully God and fully man.
    Thats church doctrine, not the Bible
    You are a follower of the church
    Not a follower of Christ
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 01:56
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Fully God and fully man.
    Thats church doctrine, not the Bible
    You are a follower of the church
    Not a follower of Christ
    It’s fact. Read the Gospel of John, chapter 1. Jesus existed as God prior to His taking on flesh. Read the Old Testament prophecies that said God would dwell among men. Read the Gospels in which Jesus says and is described as having flesh and where He identifies as the Son of man.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 02:21
    It’s fact. Read the Gospel of John, chapter 1. Jesus existed as God prior to His taking on flesh. Read the Old Testament prophecies that said God would dwell among men. Read the Gospels in which Jesus says and is described as having flesh and where He identifies as the Son of man.
    I read it.
    Nothing about fully God and fully man
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 02:26
    I read it.
    Nothing about fully God and fully man
    Does the Gospel of John chapter 1 say Jesus existed as God before He became flesh and dwelt among man?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 02:33
    Does the Gospel of John chapter 1 say Jesus existed as God before He became flesh and dwelt among man?
    Nope .. he was the Word of God, and was with God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    12 Apr '18 02:41
    Nope .. he was the Word of God, and was with God.
    ...and the Word *was* God.

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.”

(John 1:1-3)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree