1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    The debate was about rape and I think my post was cogent, clear-sighted and consistent with the topic of discussion.
    The debate was about the JW organization systematically covering up child sex abuse and about victims seeking justice.
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:43
    Originally posted by @fmf
    The fact that the rapist might and probably will rape again puts an onus on victims of such serious crimes to report them.
    Do you believe someone who has reported a rapist but would like to remain anonymous should be forced to testify?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:45
    Do you believe someone who has reported a rapist but would like to remain anonymous should be forced to testify?
    The discussion was about a commission investigating the cover up of child sex abuse. No one was being forced to testify.
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:49
    The discussion was about a commission investigating the cover up of child sex abuse. No one was being forced to testify.
    I have no issue with a commission investigating the cover up of child sex abuse as long as the victims give the green light.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:52
    I have no issue with a commission investigating the cover up of child sex abuse as long as the victims give the green light.
    Well robbie carrobie did have an issue with it. He believed there is less sexual abuse of children if it is kept secret.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 09:56
    Well robbie carrobie did have an issue with it. He believed there is less sexual abuse of children if it is kept secret.
    If you say so, I didn't read the whole thread.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:06
    I don't know exactly how they could be "forced" to testify, but it would morally unsound of them not to do so if the testimony would save other children from being raped.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:08
    Amusing to watch Daniel Becker try to defend the indefensible in order to try to make a point against FMF.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:24
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Amusing to watch Daniel Becker try to defend the indefensible in order to try to make a point against FMF.
    Not quite as amusing as the time you claimed to be FMFs lapdog. Oh yes and the Bronwyn character was also right up there.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:26
    Not quite as amusing as the time you claimed to be FMFs lapdog. Oh yes and the Bronwyn character was also right up there.
    Any thoughts on the OP?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:29
    I don't know exactly how they could be "forced" to testify, but it would morally unsound of them not to do so if the testimony would save other children from being raped.
    Do you believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed and for them not to file charges because they're afraid of retribution from their attacker and also afraid of being called a liar?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:33
    Do you believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed and for them not to file charges because they're afraid of retribution from their attacker and also afraid of being called a liar?
    No, I don't believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed. What I think is morally unsound is not talking steps necessary to prevent other children from being raped.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:384 edits
    I’m happy to exchange your best shots at me, here are mine at you...

...lying about your sister being raped in order to score internet points, lying about being in a religious cult for 24 years, lying about who you were as “dj2becker” (I.e. the twat Fetchmyjunk), defending robbie carrobie for defending his sick religious cult over covering up claims of child sex abuse...and you even told us YOU were in a cult and your sister was raped by one or more of the leaders for crying out loud. Really!!

You’re a crappy lying git Becker and I’ve only broken silence with you in order to indulge in the dubious pleasure of telling you what I think of you.

Carry on with your tales of Welsh girls and lapdogs.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:39
    No, I don't believe it is morally unsound for a victim to be in shock and ashamed. What I think is morally unsound is not talking steps necessary to prevent other children from being raped.
    If your sibling was raped and wanted privacy on the matter would you go to the authorities without her consent?
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 10:422 edits
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I’m happy to exchange your best shots at me, here are mine at you...

...lying about your sister being raped in order to score internet points, lying about being in a religious cult for 24 years, lying about who you were as “dj2becker” (I.e. the twat Fetchmyjunk), defending robbie carrobie for defending his sick religious cult over covering up claims ...[text shortened]... bious pleaseure of what I think of you.

Carry on with your tales of Welsh girls and lapdogs.
    I was part of a religious cult and my sister was raped there and nothing you say is going to change that. Go on and troll me about it as that is what you do best.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree