1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:08
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Did he rape any other people in the years between doing what you claim he did to your relative and dying in a car crash or dying in gaol or whatever happened to him?
    He is rotting in jail, very much alive if I'm not mistaken. I only know of my sister's account.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:10
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    He is rotting in jail, very much alive if I'm not mistaken. I only know of my sister's account.
    But he was left free to rape other women and possibly children for years because your sister refused to act after what you claim happened to her?
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:161 edit
    But he was left free to rape other women and possibly children for years because your sister refused to act after what you claim happened to her?
    You have no idea what kind of brainwashing occurred at the place, my sister went to tell the leader about it, I feel he should have notified the authorities but he didn't and he forbade her to tell my parents (or anyone else about it) and I guess after his confession the perpetrator was was 'forgiven', which is the main reason my sister left the place.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:29
    You have no idea what kind of brainwashing occurred at the place, my sister went to tell the leader about it, I feel he should have notified the authorities but he didn't and he forbade her to tell my parents and I guess after his confession the perpetrator was was 'forgiven', which is the main reason my sister left the place.
    That's quite a moral upbringing you're describing there. The brainwashing seems to have wreaked havoc on you and your family. She was told to keep a rape secret from her parents and she obeyed him. I hope no other women were raped as a result.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:312 edits
    That's quite a moral upbringing you're describing there. The brainwashing seems to have wreaked havoc on you and your family. She was told to keep a rape secret from her parents and she obeyed him. I hope no other women were raped as a result.
    You have no idea. It's quite easy for you to be judgemental looking in from the outside. She did tell them after she had left.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:35
    You have no idea. It's quite easy for you to be judgemental looking in from the outside. She did tell them after she had left.
    Even when the rapist threatened to kill her, she still didn't tell her parents or anyone else. That's a moral black hole on all fronts.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:37
    It's quite easy for you to be judgemental looking in from the outside. She did tell them after she had left.
    I am using my moral compass to discuss a case you raised. I wonder how many people he raped. I wonder how many victims he threatened to kill.
  8. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:371 edit
    Even when the rapist threatened to kill her, she still didn't tell her parents or anyone else. That's a moral black hole on all fronts.
    What exactly is a' moral black hole' within the context of moral relativism?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:382 edits
    I am using my moral compass to discuss a case you raised. I wonder how many people he raped. I wonder how many victims he threatened to kill.
    You sound like you are subscribed to moral absolutism even though you don't seem to want to admit it. Would you care to elaborate why rape is always wrong in all cases if there are no moral absolutes?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:42
    What exactly is a' moral black hole' within the context of moral relativism?
    It's stuff like, not taking steps to protect children and women from being raped when you know who the rapist is. It's stuff like raping women and then threatening to kill them.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:44
    Would you care to elaborate why rape is always wrong in all cases if there are no moral absolutes?
    Asked and answered, ad nauseam. We'll just have to agree to disagree. What about what I said to you at the bottom of page 3.
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:44
    It's stuff like, not taking steps to protect children and women from being raped when you know who the rapist is. It's stuff like raping women and then threatening to kill them.
    That would be logically consistent if you believed in moral absolutes. How does that reasoning logically follow from moral relativism?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:46
    That would be logically consistent if you believed in moral absolutes. How does that reasoning logically follow from moral relativism?
    I don't believe in "moral absolutes" as you define them. We've discussed this time and time again. My stance has not changed. What about my argument at the foot of page 3?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:481 edit
    I don't believe in "moral absolutes" as you define them. We've discussed this time and time again. My stance has not changed. What about my argument at the foot of page 3?
    Your argument at the bottom of page 3 is a meaningless word salad within the context of moral relativism. It would make a lot more sense within a context of moral absolutes.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Sep '18 12:52
    Your argument at the bottom of page 3 is a meaningless word salad within the context of moral relativism. It would make a lot more sense within a context of moral absolutes.
    "Meaningless"?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree