JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
If you have it in you to apologize for your previous (possibly drunken) outburst, I might consider talking to you again.
You might consider speaking to me again!! LOL
Oh and I wasn’t drunk, haven’t had anything to drink at all.

However, irrespective of how I feel about you, it was pretty harsh and I do apologise for articulating it.

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Did I miss your apology to Dive? (Or have you conveniently forgotten your previous misuse of personal information? )
He doesn’t need to apologise, it’s certainly not a give one, get one back situation anyway.

Edit, but thanks anyway 🙂

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
You might consider speaking to me again!! LOL
Oh and I wasn’t drunk, haven’t had anything to drink at all.

However, irrespective of how I feel about you, it was pretty harsh and I do apologise for articulating it.
Thanks. No hard feelings. I apologize if I hurt you as well as that was not my intention.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Thanks. No hard feelings. I apologize if I hurt you as well as that was not my intention.
Thank you but you have never hurt me; you just irritate me at times. Never mind let’s move on.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

How can anyone's stance be right or wrong within the context of moral relativism?
My stance is that morality - for all of us - is subjective. Your stance is that your morality is "objective". How can we see this demonstrated on this issue of you placing the feelings of your relative ahead of an obligation to protect other people from being raped? See pages 2 and 3. Talk us through your "absolute" morality as it applies to this case. How do you argue that your stance is "right"?

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
In what way is your stance on not protecting other people from being raped out of loyalty to your sister based on the application of your much vaunted "moral absolutes"?
I think in certain situations it is difficult to conclusively judge whether or not an action was right or wrong since we don't always have all the details and don't know the motives of the heart. I do think God will ultimately judge all actions as he is the ultimate measure of right and wrong. But I do think he has given us all common sense to judge most things and hence we do agree about most of it anyway.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

How can anyone's stance be right or wrong within the context of moral relativism?
Why do you believe your stance on your relative keeping a rapist's identity secret [see pages 2 and 3] is "right "?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

I think in certain situations it is difficult to conclusively judge whether or not an action was right or wrong since we don't always have all the details and don't know the motives of the heart. I do think God will ultimately judge all actions as he is the ultimate measure of right and wrong. But I do think he has given us all common sense to judge most things and hence we do agree about most of it anyway.
Yeah, morality is subjective. We formulate a compass based on nature and nurture. Subjective. You. Me. Everybody.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

I do think God will ultimately judge all actions as he is the ultimate measure of right and wrong.
Hey, knock yourself out with this kind of stuff, be my gueat. But don't think that it renders your personal opinions and preferences "absolute" or "objective".

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Is murder wrong? Clearly it is.

Yet in the OT God told the army to go into the enemies land and murder every single person man woman and child, and animal.

Now if it is wrong for those men to murder then how can it be ok if God tells them to do it?

If God told you to murder, would you?
I believe God will ultimately judge our actions as either good or evil. God has given us all a conscience and a uniform sense of right and wrong which we mostly agree upon. I believe moral absolutes do exist, i.e that certain actions are always wrong regardless of what a reigning majority may decide. I don't believe God would tell me to murder someone for no reason at this point in time because I only accept what is written in the Bible as God's revelation and he doesn't instruct me there to murder someone for no reason. How about you? Do you believe we should use the Bible as a moral compass or can we just live as we see fit even if it is contrary to what the Bible teaches?

Moves
22 Sep 18

Why do you believe your stance on your relative keeping a rapist's identity secret [see pages 2 and 3] is "right "?
No I meant keeping the victims identity secret, I think you misunderstood.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

I believe God will ultimately judge our actions as either good or evil. God has given us all a conscience and a uniform sense of right and wrong which we mostly agree upon. I believe moral absolutes do exist, i.e that certain actions are always wrong regardless of what a reigning majority may decide. I don't believe God would tell me to murder someone for ...[text shortened]... oral compass or can we just live as we see fit even if it is contrary to what the Bible teaches?
This is subjectivity.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

No I meant keeping the victims identity secret, I think you misunderstood.
This is opaque. Be clear.

Moves
22 Sep 18

This is subjectivity.
Would it still be subjective if it were true?

Moves
22 Sep 18
2 edits

This is opaque. Be clear.
My question was crystal clear. Here it is again:

Do you believe someone who has reported a rapist but would like to remain anonymous should be forced to testify?

How on earth did you interpret that to mean the rapists identity should be held secret?