JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

JWs: more covering up of child sex abuse

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @fmf
"Meaningless"?
Saying that an action aught to be done one way to be regarded as moral in a context where no single action can be said to be done in only one particular way to be moral is meaningless, yes.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Your argument at the bottom of page 3 is a meaningless word salad within the context of moral relativism. It would make a lot more sense within a context of moral absolutes.
Is murder wrong?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

[Your argument] would make a lot more sense within a context of moral absolutes.
Would your personal choice to place protecting your relative's feelings above protecting other people from being raped be one you'd arrive at through the application of "moral absolutes"?

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Is murder wrong?
I thought you were done with me Bronwyn?

Moves
22 Sep 18

Would your personal choice to place protecting your relative's feelings above protecting other people from being raped be one you'd arrive at through the application of "moral absolutes"?
Quote me where I said that.

Moves
22 Sep 18

I thought you were done with me Bronwyn?
Do you want to answer the question or not?

Moves
22 Sep 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Do you want to answer the question or not?
Give me one good reason why I should talk to you in good faith after you said this:

You're lying about your sister being raped in order to score internet points, lying about being in a religious cult for 24 years, lying about who you were as “dj2becker” (I.e. the twat Fetchmyjunk), defending robbie carrobie for defending his sick religious cult over covering up claims of child sex abuse...and you even told us YOU were in a cult and your sister was raped by one or more of the leaders for crying out loud. Really!!

You’re a crappy lying git Becker and I’ve only broken silence with you in order to indulge in the dubious pleasure of telling you what I think of you.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Saying that an action aught to be done one way to be regarded as moral in a context where no single action can be said to be done in only one particular way to be moral is meaningless, yes.
This is exactly what a moral compass is for. For both of us.

Moves
22 Sep 18

This is exactly what a moral compass is for. For both of us.
You have clearly not used a compass before. A compass points in the same direction all the time.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

Quote me where I said that.
That comment is based on our exchange on page 3.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18
1 edit

You have clearly not used a compass before. A compass points in the same direction all the time.
A moral "compass" doesn't. A moral "compass" is a personal and unique thing every moral agent has. It helps them navigate a human landscape filled wih moral choices and dilemmas.

Moves
22 Sep 18

That comment is based on our exchange on page 3.
So it's based upon assumptions you made rather than me actually saying those exact words?

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

So it's based upon assumptions you made rather than me actually saying those exact words?
It's based on what you said about whether to spare a relative the feeling of being ashamed as opposed to taking action to protect women or children from being raped. You questioned my moral choice. Page 3.

Moves
22 Sep 18

Give me one good reason why I should talk to you in good faith after you said this:

You're lying about your sister being raped in order to score internet points, lying about being in a religious cult for 24 years, lying about who you were as “dj2becker” (I.e. the twat Fetchmyjunk), defending robbie carrobie for defending his sick religious cult ...[text shortened]... ith you in order to indulge in the dubious pleasure of telling you what I think of you.
Yes agreed, I’m with you there, it was pretty strong.

But also, suit yourself.

F

Moves
22 Sep 18

From page 2:

You: Do you believe someone who has reported a rapist but would like to remain anonymous should be forced to testify?

Me: I don't know exactly how they could be "forced" to testify, but it would morally unsound of them not to do so if the testimony would save other children from being raped.

Do you agree?