1. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:02
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Matthew 16:28

'Truly, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.'
    Did they not see Jesus after His resurrection?
  2. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:10
    @divegeester said
    The challenge is to state what in the OP from Revelation 19 is literal and what is metaphorical.
    There's no challenge. It's quite simple really.

The terms used are metaphorical descriptions of a literal reality of events that will occur that are beyond your ability to comprehend with the natural mind.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:311 edit
    @secondson said
    There's no challenge. It's quite simple really.

The terms used are metaphorical descriptions of a literal reality of events that will occur that are beyond your ability to comprehend with the natural mind.
    So they are all metaphors...that is what your position is right?

Hell and being tortured for eternity in it, is not literally a hellish place of sadism... it is a metaphor for something else?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:34
    Anyone else??
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:43
    @divegeester said
    Some wafflely avoidence saying you didnt see how any of it needed to be metaphors.
    Correct I didn't see how any of it needed to be metaphors.
    There was no need for them and I also said,

"John is seeing into the spiritual world, for all we know these are exactly what he
    saw. So I take it as is, this is just what John saw and wrote about."

You call that a waffling?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:441 edit
    @divegeester said
    Are you back peddling and now going to say that some of it is metaphors, or are you sticking with your unequivocal “it’s all literal” stance?
    No I want to you to see you are not reading things written to you, instead you are
    doing a mental dance in your head to find things or miss things that don't suit
    your current views.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:55
    @kellyjay said
    No I want to you to see you are not reading things written to you, instead you are
    doing to mental dance in your head to find things or miss things that don't suit
    your current views.
    I have read all your posts, what am I missing?

You said :

”they are all literal, not metaphors”

What is there to misunderstand. I think you are backing away, perhaps you should clarify your position if it is not what you last stated and what I’ve quoted you as saying.

It’s funny how this is so complicated for you guys.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:57
    @kellyjay said
    Correct I didn't see how any of it needed to be metaphors.
    There was no need for them and I also said,

"John is seeing into the spiritual world, for all we know these are exactly what he
    saw. So I take it as is, this is just what John saw and wrote about."

You call that a waffling?
    Is this your position or not?

Posted by KellyJay on page one:

Thanks 🙂
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 12:57
    @divegeester said
    So they are all metaphors...that is what your position is right?
    No. I didn't say all the terms are metaphorical. You did.

Why don't you provide a specific example?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:031 edit
    @secondson said
    No. I didn't say all the terms are metaphorical. You did.

Why don't you provide a specific example?
    The challenge to you eternal suffering believers is to say which are metaphors and which are not, you seem to be incapable of being unequivocal.

We both know why that is don’t we, and it makes me happy to see the likes of you and KellyJay wriggling around trying desperately to hold onto eternal suffering as being literal while not conceding all the other terms are metaphors.

Carry on 🙂
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:08
    @divegeester said
    I have read all your posts, what am I missing?

You said :

What is there to misunderstand. I think you are backing away, perhaps you should clarify your position if it is not what you last stated and what I’ve quoted you as saying.

It’s funny how this is so complicated for you guys.
    Yes, but I said they literal in the first post, I'm not backing away from anything I have
    said. Why do you think I'm attempting to back away, I'm telling you there was no
    waffle involved.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:13
    @divegeester said
    The challenge to you eternal suffering believers is to say which are metaphors and which are not, you seem to be incapable of being unequivocal.

We both know why that is don’t we, and it makes me happy to see the likes of you and KellyJay wriggling around trying desperately to hold onto eternal suffering as being literal while not conceding all the other terms are metaphors.

Carry on 🙂
    For a moment there I thought this thread might become interesting, but you laid that to rest by failing to address your own assertion.

I'm not going to do it for you. Simply provide a specific example of what you believe is a metaphorical term, and how you think it doesn't translate into reality.

That's your challenge. It's your thread.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:15
    @kellyjay said
    Yes, but I said they literal in the first post, I'm not backing away from anything I have
    said. Why do you think I'm attempting to back away, I'm telling you there was no
    waffle involved.
    And that’s what I have said several times that you said, so why are you pestering me?

You KellyJay have said, here in this post which I’m which replying to and previously...

What’s the misunderstanding?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:19
    @secondson said
    For a moment there I thought this thread might become interesting, but you laid that to rest by failing to address your own assertion.

I'm not going to do it for you. Simply provide a specific example of what you believe is a metaphorical term, and how you think it doesn't translate into reality.

That's your challenge. It's your thread.
    Everything in my OP from Revelation 19 is metaphorical including eternal suffering references such as the throwing into the lake of fire.

If you disagree please feel completely free to be unequivocal in saying so. Thanks.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Oct '18 13:26
    @secondson said
    Did they not see Jesus after His resurrection?
    Yes

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree