1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if you can can tell us how its possible that such a thing can occur after consent has been given then yes... .
    If a man were to subject his wife to sex against her will, for example.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:081 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    This thread is for other Christians. Feel free to post but you will be ignored.
    not only ignored but have two easy won clan games in the bag after you threw a hissy fit! Classic, nom nom nom
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:09
    Originally posted by FMF
    If a man were to subject his wife to sex against her will, for example.
    how is it possible to talk of exercising will if you have given up authority over your own body, please explain.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:10
    You have failed to answer this from the very beginning because I suspect that by answering it you are forced to take a stance and will inevitably incriminate yourself .
    I have stated repeatedly why I think the consent to be one's sexual partner clearly implied in a marriage vow does not mean a person is entitled to sex at times when their partner doesn't want it.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:12
    how is it possible to talk of exercising will if you have given up authority over your own body, please explain.
    I explained it repeatedly on the other thread. You kept dodging my answers.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:12
    You have failed to answer this from the very beginning because I suspect that by answering it you are forced to take a stance and will inevitably incriminate yourself .
    Incriminate myself ~ how so?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have stated repeatedly why I think the consent to be one's sexual partner clearly implied in a marriage vow does not mean a person is entitled to sex at times when their partner doesn't want it.
    I see its implied, therefore this marital vow of exercising authority over ones own body is relative, relative to some kind of personal preference, is that what you are saying?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:14
    Oh great. Another episode of the "FMF and Robbie" show.

I'll skip it thanks, I saw this one already.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:16
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh great. Another episode of the "FMF and Robbie" show.

I'll skip it thanks, I saw this one already.
    Ha ha. Yep. Way to go, Suzianne. Take this opportunity to have a swing! Never mind robbie dragging the notion of "Christian principle" through the misogynistic mud.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:18
    Originally posted by FMF
    Incriminate myself ~ how so?
    well it appears to me that if you answer in the affirmative that consent has been given then it cannot be construed as rape, the definition of rape being non consensual sex, if you answer that consent does not matter then you are watering down the idea of not exercising control over ones own body and we now have the ludicrous scenario of one having consented to forgo exercising authority over ones own body while exercising a personal prerogative in that regard, another non nonsensical idea.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Ha ha. Yep. Way to go, Suzianne. Take this opportunity to have a swing! Never mind robbie dragging the notion of "Christian principle" through the misogynistic mud.
    or FMF slobbering his way trying to evade logic and fighting reality with a machine gun primed with loaded questions, slanderous remarks and defamatory Molotov cocktails.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:21
    I see its implied, therefore this marital vow of exercising authority over ones own body is relative, relative to some kind of personal preference, is that what you are saying?
    Giving "consent" to be a sexual partner in a marriage vow on a wedding day does not mean the spouse is saying he or she will automatically want sex at every and any point in the future. Surely "mutual consent" and mutual willingness for each and every sexual act is the only psychologically healthy and moral kind of sex in a marriage?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:22
    or FMF slobbering his way trying to evade logic and fighting reality with a machine gun primed with loaded questions, slanderous remarks and defamatory Molotov cocktails.
    Surely this topic is too serious for you to be using it for a catchphrase littered comedy routine? We are talking about women being raped here.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    Giving "consent" to be a sexual partner in a marriage vow on a wedding day does not mean the spouse is saying he or she will automatically want sex at every and any point in the future. Surely "mutual consent" and mutual willingness for each and every sexual act is the only psychologically healthy and moral kind of sex in a marriage?
    But a Christian has not consented to be a sexual partner they have actually consented to relinquishing authority over their own bodies. You keep trying to view the principle through some kind of relative namby pamby secularism.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:24
    ...if you answer that consent does not matter then you are watering down the idea of not exercising control over ones own body
    I am arguing that mutual consent and a shared willingness to have sex on each occasion is paramount so I am certainly not arguing that "consent does not matter".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree