Marital Rape

Marital Rape

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I think the Christian marital vows provided a provision for mutual abstinence, beyond that I cannot say.
If the Christian man, say, refuses to abstain, and submits his Christian wife to sex against her will, would you consider it to be rape?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

we know how you hate jovial fellows frolicking across cyber space, those gelid tentacles of yours must be itching to squeeze the humanity from them😵
I don't think women being raped is an appropriate topic for your "jovial fellow frolicking across cyber space" act.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Are you referring to some kind of legal agreement that the "contractual parties" have signed up to? I thought you were talking about "Christian marriage" and "Christian principles", and the none-existence of "marital rape".
yes i have no idea I can only comment on a Christian perspective, i see that you have ignored my question, i will repeat it for you again.

I remember a rather interesting debate in the house of Lords or commons that i was following on radio 4, one of the MPs/Lords gave a speech in which he detailed a scenario whereby someones wife was initially unwilling but was persuaded with some kind words and eventually acquiesced to have sex with the words, 'i suppose so' were those words, does such an act in your opinion constitute a rape? the lady being unwilling?

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I don't think women being raped is an appropriate topic for your "jovial fellow frolicking across cyber space" act.
tentacles itching are they FMF? too much humanity in Robbie, too jovial, gotta squeeze it out of him?

Moves
04 Oct 15

This one here

This actually in retrospect is a good point. A Christian wife and husband have agreed relinquish authority over there own bodies, this is a Christian principle. Of course its not to be taken in isolation and like other principles have a bearing. If a husband abides by the principle to love and cherish his wife as he does his own fles ...[text shortened]... called marital due when sh is either unwilling or unable to consent, for this would be unloving.
Does this mean you find it acceptable for a man to physically force his wife to have sex with him?

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
If the Christian man, say, refuses to abstain, and submits his Christian wife to sex against her will, would you consider it to be rape?
I am undecided on this at present and have taken no stance.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Does this mean you find it acceptable for a man to physically force his wife to have sex with him?
I don't know where you got that from it certainly isn't implied in the text, are you ill? or do you simply like to make stuff up?

Ro

Moves
04 Oct 15

It could be construed as rape yes but again i have no idea what she may have consented to.
I thought I made it very clear. We are living according to Christian principles, but she has refused to have sex with me on this one occasion, as she has the flu. She has therefore not consented to having sex with me.

If I force myself upon her, is the Christian view that this is rape?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

tentacles itching are they FMF? too much humanity in Robbie, too jovial, gotta squeeze it out of him?
The topic is rape.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I thought I made it very clear. We are living according to Christian principles, but she has refused to have sex with me on this one occasion, as she has the flu. She has therefore not consented to having sex with me.

If I force myself upon her, is the Christian view that this is rape?
Your scenario is ridiculous, if you were living by Christian principles you would not force yourself upon her. I thought I made this clear?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

I am undecided on this at present and have taken no stance.
So this means you are not claiming your stance on rape is a moral one, right?

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
The topic is rape.
I just like to think of you slobbering at the prospect of catching some jovial fellow.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

if you were living by Christian principles you would not force yourself upon her.
Would it be rape if a Christian man did force himself on his wife? You haven't been clear about this.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
So this means you are not claiming your stance on rape is a moral one, right?
I am claiming nothing.

Moves
04 Oct 15

I don't know where you got that from it certainly isn't implied in the text, are you ill? or do you simply like to make stuff up?
It's my question you you. It requires a yes or a no answer, and you refusing to answer is scarily fascinating.

Do you find it acceptable for a man to physically force his wife to have sex with him?