1. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:251 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Surely this topic is too serious for you to be using it for a catchphrase littered comedy routine? We are talking about women being raped here.
    dude you started it with your references to misogyny and dragging Christian principles through the mud. . . so shad up a yo face. If you are going to use such references in the debate then i can call you whatever i like in kind.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    But a Christian has not consented to be a sexual partner they have actually consented to relinquishing authority over their own bodies. You keep trying to view the principle through some kind of relative namby pamby secularism.
    My view is that that what you are proposing is a free licence for husbands to rape wives - to force them to have sex against their will - and simply dismissing this view as "relative namby pamby secularism" isn't funny in the way you seem to think it is.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:27
    dude you started it with your references to misogyny and dragging Christian principles through the mud. . . so shad up a yo face. If you are going to use such references in the debate then i can call you whatever i like in kind.
    I would have thought the "Christian principle" that applies when a woman doesn't want sexual intercourse, is that the man abstains, rather than him subjecting his partner to sex that only he wants.

How come it is not deemed lustful for a man to have sex with an unwilling partner? If I recall correctly, "lust" is sinful.

Are you absolutely sure the "Christian principle" you have been presenting here is a genuine "Christian principle" and one that is generally accepted and adhered to by Christians?
  4. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:29
    again you are failing to either understand or acknowledge, whether intentionally or not that a Christian foregos authority over their own body, so thus talking of exercising a personal prerogative in such a scenario is simply nonsensical.

Sorry i don't do yes or no answers, they are for people that are not interested in reason, are you uninterested in reason? no well stop trying to reduce people to making some type of dichotomy.
    But surely you can answer a specific question?

Imagine Mrs Outsider and I are living according to Christian principles.

I come home and want to have sex. Mrs Outsider is suffering from flu. So the last thing she wants to do is have sex. She refuses.

If I nonetheless forced myself upon her, would I have committed rape?
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    My view is that that what you are proposing is a free licence for husbands to rape wives - to force them to have sex against their will - and simply dismissing this view as "relative namby pamby secularism" isn't funny in the way you seem to think it is.
    yes but i don't care what you think and i don't know anyone that does. Your opinions are nonsense, seriously, they are just pure unadulterated hyper drool. You think they are some kind of substitute for objective reasoning, they have no efficacy and no meaning to anyone but you, they are certainly meaningless to me.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by Rank outsider

I come home and want to have sex. Mrs Outsider is suffering from flu. So the last thing she wants to do is have sex. She refuses.

I have no idea what Mrs Outsider ( and believe me the long suffering lady has my every sympathy) has consented to. I would be more worried that you want to have sex with someone that has flu. seriously dude? really?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:34
    I have no idea what Mrs Outsider ( and believe me the long suffering lady has my every sympathy) has consented to.
    Do you believe all Christian wives have consented to sex even at times when they don't want sex?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:35
    yes but i don't care what you think and i don't know anyone that does. Your opinions are nonsense, seriously, they are just pure unadulterated hyper drool. You think they are some kind of substitute for objective reasoning, they have no efficacy and no meaning to anyone but you, they are certainly meaningless to me.

If I had said the same things as you have over the last 24 hours, I'd be a bit rattled too.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:37
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    In another thread Robert made the point based on 'Christian principles' the concept of marital rape is erroneous. There can be no rape within a Christian marriage as consent was given on the day the couple married. Is this a view shared by other Christians here on this forum? Is this mainstream Christian ideology or a stream from the lunatic fringe as I suspect?
    Robbie carrobie is a member of a pernicious religious cult. He does not and cannot speak for Christians.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:38
    Originally posted by Rank outsider

This actually in retrospect is a good point. A Christian wife and husband have agreed relinquish authority over there own bodies, this is a Christian principle. Of course its not to be taken in isolation and like other principles have a bearing. If a husband abides by the principle to love and cherish his wife as he does his own flesh', then he will not demand the so called marital due when sh is either unwilling or unable to consent, for this would be unloving.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    I made no such comment. I have not stated that the concept of marital rape is erroneous. If you can cite where i said it please produce it now. If you cannot then i would be pleased if you refrain from any further attempts to attribute values to me that i have not professed, its both intellectually and morally dishonest.
    In your opinion, is it acceptable for a man to physically force his wife to have sex with him? Yes or no?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Oh great. Another episode of the "FMF and Robbie" show.

I'll skip it thanks, I saw this one already.
    Are you willing to put aside your differences with robbie for a moment, and declare that his "Christian perspective" on the non-existence of "marital rape" is indeed a legitimate Christian viewpoint?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]yes but i don't care what you think and i don't know anyone that does. Your opinions are nonsense, seriously, they are just pure unadulterated hyper drool. You think they are some kind of substitute for objective reasoning, they have no efficacy and no meaning to anyone but you, they are certainly meaningless to me.

If I had said the same things as you have over the last 24 hours, I'd be a bit rattled too.[/b]
    rattled? the only thing thats doing any rattling is you yah snake!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:39
    Originally posted by divegeester
    In your opinion, is it acceptable for a man to physically force his wife to have sex with him? Yes or no?
    please see the text above droogster!
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Oct '15 19:40
    ...he will not demand the so called marital due when sh is either unwilling or unable to consent, for this would be unloving.
    If he does demand it, even when she is unwilling, would you consider it to be rape.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree