Mary Mother of God?

Mary Mother of God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by FMF
The issue I have is how galveston75's religious doctrine appears to rely [at least in part] upon using two different and separate words interchangeably.
Well the beliefs we have do not rely on a couple words. Sometimes the use of ones common sence helps in figuring out meanings of things.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
From your reference:

[b]The angel who guided Israel through the wilderness and whose voice the Israelites were strictly to obey because ‘Jehovah’s name was within him,’ may therefore have been God’s Son, the Word.—Ex 23:20-23; compare Jos 5:13-15.

See also Exodus 3 were the Angel of the Lord appears to Moses in the Burning bush and tells Moses that ...[text shortened]... refers to this incident when speaking to the Pharisees when Jesus says, "Before Abraham I AM."[/b]
So what exactly are you saying here? Was it an angel or God that spoke to Moses?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Thank you for your insight. It seems hard to understand why they think it is so but I do somewhat understand the confusion they have.
If I were to walk into a room and say, "If you see me, you've seen my Father" it really wouldn't make much sence unless the ones in the room stopped and thought about it and came to the obvious conclusion that I'm like m ...[text shortened]... es it sound like it could be so, even though that teaching is clearly not in the Bible.
We Christians that believe in the Trinity doctrine are not claiming the Father and the Son are the same person. We are saying the Son is the second person in the Triune God and the Holy Spirit is the third person. And person here does not mean people, because we all know people are human beings. We also do not believe the Triune God is three beings. God is three persons in one being.
Please stop misrepresenting the Trinity doctrine.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

So what exactly are you saying here? Was it an angel or God that spoke to Moses?
It was the second person of the Triune God that spoke to Moses. So it was actually God that spoke to Moses through the apparition of the burning bush. It is also the Angel of the Lord that spoke to Moses. Remember "angel" means messenger of God". But this messenger of God was also the Word and Son of God, the second person of the Triune God.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

We Christians that believe in the Trinity doctrine are not claiming the Father and the Son are the same person. We are saying the Son is the second person in the Triune God and the Holy Spirit is the third person. And person here does not mean people, because we all know people are human beings. We also do not believe the Triune God is three beings. God is three persons in one being.
"We also do not believe the Triune God is three beings. God is three persons in one being."

Lol..What does that mean? It's all the same no matter how you play with the wording.

And I am not misrepresenting the basic teaching of the trinity. My mother was raised as a baptist and I know clearly the trinity. And many JW's were a part of many other religions and most of them believed in the trinity, and I have pasted link after link of trinity info that not only shows the ideas behind the trinity but the origins which all came from pagan nations long before it was adopted into the churches many centuries after Jesus died.
You yourself have stated your idea is just another version of many versions that are constantly changing from one way to another. I think I do very well in understanding it or actually the confusion of trying to understand the mystery of it as it really can't be explained even by the church leaders.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

It was the second person of the Triune God that spoke to Moses. So it was actually God that spoke to Moses through the apparition of the burning bush. It is also the Angel of the Lord that spoke to Moses. Remember "angel" means messenger of God". But this messenger of God was also the Word and Son of God, the second person of the Triune God.
Lol. So was it an angel, was it Jesus, was it the holy spirit or was it God? And if you could just throw in the scripture that would make this clear for me....

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
23 Aug 12

it doesn't matter how you describe it. it is a three god pantheon.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

"We also do not believe the Triune God is three beings. God is three persons in one being."

Lol..What does that mean? It's all the same no matter how you play with the wording.

And I am not misrepresenting the basic teaching of the trinity. My mother was raised as a baptist and I know clearly the trinity. And many JW's were a part of many other r ...[text shortened]... to understand the mystery of it as it really can't be explained even by the church leaders.
Well, apparently your mother did not understand the Trinity doctrine either if that is what she taught you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Hum...Where is it in the bible that says there are 3 persons in this God? Your giving me explinations but no scriptures to back up what your saying...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

Well, apparently your mother did not understand the Trinity doctrine either if that is what she taught you.
Oh ok. She must be wrong then as well as all the baptist that still believe as she does, as in her relatives. I'll scold all of them for that. Lol.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
it doesn't matter how you describe it. it is a three god pantheon.
We still believe in one God no matter what you think. It is what we Christians think about it that counts.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

Hum...Where is it in the bible that says there are 3 persons in this God? Your giving me explinations but no scriptures to back up what your saying...
I and jaywill have went over and over this with you and robbie and you still don't want to understand it. It is really not that hard to understand in my opinion. But perhaps, I am not good at explaining things like this. I am too tired to keep repeating everything I have in the past and all you do is go in circles and pretend you have amnesia.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

We still believe in one God no matter what you think. It is what we Christians think about it that counts.
But if all three are equal as the trinity explains, they are all three Gods. Equal does not mean one has power over the other on any level, right?
And by the way, it's the truth that counts, not what we think and are just willing to accept despit the evidence.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Aug 12

I and jaywill have went over and over this with you and robbie and you still don't want to understand it. It is really not that hard to understand in my opinion. But perhaps, I am not good at explaining things like this. I am too tired to keep repeating everything I have in the past and all you do is go in circles and pretend you have amnesia.
My mind is crystal clear on this subject. All I want is scriptures to back up what you are saying is truth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Aug 12

My mind is crystal clear on this subject. All I want is scriptures to back up what you are saying is truth.
We provided those scriptures many times and you always get amnesia. You can't even remember the scriptures we provided to you within the last week. It is a waste of my time to keep looking them up and then you say well what about this and what about that until you can pretend we never gave you the first scripture. I would like to help you, but honestly, I am getting tired of you playing these games with us.