1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 06:403 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So the Bible is pagan since it describes Jesus as a God? Ok, that's your viewpoint.
    Again no; you know exactly what I believe as I take the trouble to be concise every time you or anyone else asks. Your childish attempts at deflection away from you own paganistic view of the Godhead will not work Galveston. Believing that God is accompanied by other Gods (i.e. Jesus) as you do, is error irrespective of the fact that you put Jehovah at the top of this strange hierarchy.

To recall from earlier what you seem to be recluctant to concisely respond to:

"Jesus is a mighty God" "Jehovah is almighty God" "Jesus is not Jehovah"

All your words in this thread Galveston

Please explain:

a) how this is less confusing than the trinity doctine?

b) how me not understanding your belief in this matter, is now somehow my fault?

C) why you believe in 2 Gods?[/b]
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 17:21
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Again no; you know exactly what I believe as I take the trouble to be concise every time you or anyone else asks. Your childish attempts at deflection away from you own paganistic view of the Godhead will not work Galveston. Believing that God is accompanied by other Gods (i.e. Jesus) as you do, is error irrespective of the fact that you put Jehovah at t ...[text shortened]... your belief in this matter, is now somehow my fault?

C) why you believe in 2 Gods?
    [/b]
    It seems to be confusing by you. The Bible is clear in describing Jesus as a mighty god. If you can't accept that then have the Bible re written so it makes sence for you.. Good luck!!!!
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 19:02
    It seems to be confusing by you. The Bible is clear in describing Jesus as a mighty god. If you can't accept that then have the Bible re written so it makes sence for you.. Good luck!!!!
    Oh dear. Are you being deliberately obtuse or just hiding behind a pretence that you don't see what I'm saying? Of course I accept that Jesus is God but...

You said in this thread:

"Jesus is a mighty God" and that "Jehovah is almighty God" and that "Jesus is not Jehovah"

So by definition, you must believe there are two Gods?

It's a simple point for you to confirm Galveston.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 19:53
    Oh dear. Are you being deliberately obtuse or just hiding behind a pretence that you don't see what I'm saying? Of course I accept that Jesus is God but...

You said in this thread:

[b]"Jesus is a mighty God" and that "Jehovah is almighty God" and that "Jesus is not Jehovah"

So by definition, you must believe there are two Gods?

It's a simple point for you to confirm Galveston.[/b]
    Whatever dude..think as you want.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 19:58
    Whatever dude..think as you want.
    If in JW dogma, Jesus is not mighty God and/or Jehovah is not almighty God, then please feel free to put the record straight Galveston.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 20:20
    If in JW dogma, Jesus is not mighty God and/or Jehovah is not almighty God, then please feel free to put the record straight Galveston.
    Take care.......
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 20:29
    Take care.......
    I don't understand why you are refusing to address this simple issue and instead are behaving like a spoilt child taking his ball home.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 20:48
    I don't understand why you are refusing to address this simple issue and instead are behaving like a spoilt child taking his ball home.
    Because I have answerd you over and over and over. You don't get it so nothing more to say to you. Are you unable to understand that?
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '12 22:58
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Bwahahahahaha!

You think it's all hooey anyways, so we should take YOUR word on what translation is "more accurate"?

I don't think so.
    Wow. Talk about biased. I would take the word of a scholarly atheist over any christians word on which is more accurate... christians bring too much bias.
  10. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 00:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    We still believe in one God no matter what you think. It is what we Christians think about it that counts.
    yet you worship 3 gods. whichever way you cut it, it's a pantheon.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 00:44
    Thank you for your insight. It seems hard to understand why they think it is so but I do somewhat understand the confusion they have.
    If I were to walk into a room and say, "If you see me, you've seen my Father" it really wouldn't make much sence unless the ones in the room stopped and thought about it and came to the obvious conclusion that I'm like m ...[text shortened]... es it sound like it could be so, even though that teaching is clearly not in the Bible.
    Exactly...He was made in the "image" of God..Heb 1:3-4

( The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. 4 So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
    NIV)
    Not to mention the logical things like, how can God die? And if so, who raised Him from the dead? Or verses that say "God is not a man that He should lie" Jesus was a man. To exalt Jesus to God is a sad mistake and shames Him and God. If Jesus is God, His suffering comes into question. He was a man and suffered immensely for my sins and yours. This I could identify with. If He is God, I could not identify with His suffering. This Trinitarian doctrine demeans our Lord and His Father. I understand that people can not understand, other than what they are taught, but it is still sad.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 00:50
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    If Jesus is God, His suffering comes into question. He was a man and suffered immensely for my sins and yours. This I could identify with. If He is God, I could not identify with His suffering.
    What if - as galeveston75 says - Jesus is a Mighty God? If He were a God, could you identify with His suffering?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 01:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    What if - as galeveston75 says - Jesus is a Mighty God? If He were a God, could you identify with His suffering?
    Mighty God is simply a reference of nobility. Many people were called God and Lord...
    If as they say, He is God, no I could not identify with His suffering. It is also illogical according to the bible. There were many "types" of Christ in the old testament. One of my favorites is Joseph in Genesis. If you will notice in the following verses, he was given all authority and was given the signet ring. But in regard to the throne, Pharaoh would be greater..

Gen 41:39-45
    Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you." 41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt."

42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph's hand; and he clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 And he had him ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried out before him, "Bow the knee!" So he set him over all the land of Egypt. 44 Pharaoh also said to Joseph, "I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man may lift his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt."
    NKJV
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 01:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    Mighty God is simply a reference of nobility. Many people were called God and Lord...
    If as they say, He is God, no I could not identify with His suffering. It is also illogical according to the bible. There were many "types" of Christ in the old testament. One of my favorites is Joseph in Genesis. If you will notice in the following verses, he was given all authority and was given the signet ring. But in regard to the throne, Pharaoh would be greater..

Gen 41:39-45
    Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Inasmuch as God has shown you all this, there is no one as discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be over my house, and all my people shall be ruled according to your word; only in regard to the throne will I be greater than you." 41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, "See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt."

42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring off his hand and put it on Joseph's hand; and he clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain around his neck. 43 And he had him ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried out before him, "Bow the knee!" So he set him over all the land of Egypt. 44 Pharaoh also said to Joseph, "I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no man may lift his hand or foot in all the land of Egypt."
    NKJV
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Aug '12 01:08
    sorry for the double post..

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree