1. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 03:521 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    How else can you take the scripture that says abstain from blood?
    Abstain from eating it! Is what is meant. Colossians 2

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,

19and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

20If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as,

21"Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!"

22(which all refer to things destined to perish with use)--in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men?

23These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.

Read this JW's it should set you free if you believed it.

Manny
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 04:13
    Originally posted by menace71
    Abstain from eating it! Is what is meant. Colossians 2

16Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day--

17things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

18Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-a ...[text shortened]... nst fleshly indulgence.

Read this JW's it should set you free if you believed it.

Manny
    Where is this talking about blood?
  3. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 13:01
    That the argument of not eating blood is the rational for not recieving a blood transfusion is probably not a good one. I think that is what he is saying.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 14:02
    Originally posted by duecer
    That the argument of not eating blood is the rational for not recieving a blood transfusion is probably not a good one. I think that is what he is saying.
    Well the rational that we use is because of the Bible's stand on blood which says to "abstain" from it and the only use of blood was in sacrifices which we no longer do.
    But as with so many things that God has set very clear laws on in the Bible, man has pushed them aside and stepped ahead of God's laws and do what they want.
    Blood has never been approved by God to be used for any health purposes for man. Don't many peoples in some countries actually drink blood from animals supposedly to get strength and good health from? But it would seem that if blood was benificial for us in a healthful way God would not have the restrictions on it that he does. Right?
    But it is up to you and others to interpret these laws as you want.
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 17:52
    Well the rational that we use is because of the Bible's stand on blood which says to "abstain" from it and the only use of blood was in sacrifices which we no longer do.
    But as with so many things that God has set very clear laws on in the Bible, man has pushed them aside and stepped ahead of God's laws and do what they want.
    Blood has never been app ...[text shortened]... that he does. Right?
    Are JW's vegetarian?
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 18:01
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are JW's vegetarian?
    Some probably are but for ones that do eat meat as long as the meat has been bled out properly as the Bible says to do, we may eat meat...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 18:15
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Are JW's vegetarian?
    i was vegetarian for maybe six years, but it was not as a result of adopting Christ as a model. i was walking down great western road in the west end of Glasgow when a Hari Krishna offered me a book on a donation basis. i really felt some sympathy for her as everyone was rejecting her on the street, so i gave a donation and received the book, i stopped short of a CD. it was a very interesting book that had quite a profound effect on me and i decided that i would become a vegetarian. i wish i could return to being one, but it simply is not that practical.. My younger brother who is not religious has been a strict vegetarian for years. why do you ask?
  8. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 18:41
    Blood has never been app ...[text shortened]... that he does. Right?
    God has not approved organ transplants either. Nor has he approved the use of aspirin as a blood thinner or for headaches. Just because God doesn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is prohibited.

Again: I support your right to refuse transfusions, I just disagree
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 19:03
    God has not approved organ transplants either. Nor has he approved the use of aspirin as a blood thinner or for headaches. Just because God doesn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is prohibited.

Again: I support your right to refuse transfusions, I just disagree
    if God said, you must not eat this, does it then give you license to inject it intravenously?
  10. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 19:091 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    if God said, you must not eat this, does it then give you license to inject it intravenously?
    "What I have made clean, Who are you to say it is unclean?"

btw: intravenously injecting pork whether cooked or uncooked would likely kill you

edit; it is not what goes into a man';s mouth that makes him unclean, its what comes out...eh Robbie?

do you obey all of God's purity laws, cuz if you do say goodbye to cheeseburgers:'(
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '09 22:12
    "What I have made clean, Who are you to say it is unclean?"

btw: intravenously injecting pork whether cooked or uncooked would likely kill you

edit; it is not what goes into a man';s mouth that makes him unclean, its what comes out...eh Robbie?

do you obey all of God's purity laws, cuz if you do say goodbye to cheeseburgers:'(
    answer the question Duecer, its not about clean and unclean, eating or drinking, its about degrees of abstention. oh you must abstain from malt whiskey, well hey, let us take it intravenously, that sounds ok?????
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 05:05
    21"Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!"
    The substance is Christ!
    The principle is do not live as to be afraid of don't eat this or don't do that!
    Not so much talking about blood but the underlying principle.
    If you want to be enslaved by Law then so be it. This however is not what will make you righteous it's Christ who is our righteousness any other way is an insult to God.

Manny
  13. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Sep '09 05:10
    Dudes I love Pork! Carnitas are the best! A little lime & cilantro. A nice beer to go with. I then would give thanks to God! 🙂

Manny
  14. weedhopper
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 01:20
    Originally posted by PinkFloyd
    I wouldn't know--but if I ever see one, I'll let you know if I'm overcome by the same troubling thoughts.
    Ohhh...the vestments!! Sorry Robbie--I didn't correlate this with what you were saying. Duh! My bad.
    I never think of the preacher as being scary with his ves....robe on, because it seems that most churches I've attended have had the preacher standing up there in the pulpit, wearing a robe. Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran.....now, while I was married I went to a Baptist church, and the preacher there did NOT wear a robe. Still, I guess that's why they don't scare me--I'm accustomed to it.
    Now, if I saw a guy in a robe, waving smoking brass implements emitting incense, I might be startled 🙂 And the time I visited a Church of Christ with a girlfriend, I almost jumped outta my skin when the congregation started jabbering and throwing up their hands and such. Now, with age and maturity, I know that tis is juist another way to worship; but to a 17-year-old "Frozen-Chosen", it was pretty dramatic!
  15. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    05 Sep '09 01:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    answer the question Duecer, its not about clean and unclean, eating or drinking, its about degrees of abstention. oh you must abstain from malt whiskey, well hey, let us take it intravenously, that sounds ok?????
    Christ answers the question for us in matthew 15: 10Jesus called the crowd to him and said, "Listen and understand. 11What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.' "

12Then the disciples came to him and asked, "Do you know that the Pharisees were offended when they heard this?"

13He replied, "Every plant that my heavenly Father has not planted will be pulled up by the roots. 14Leave them; they are blind guides If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit."

15Peter said, "Explain the parable to us."

16"Are you still so dull?" Jesus asked them. 17"Don't you see that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and then out of the body? 18But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' 19For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. 20These are what make a man 'unclean'; but eating with unwashed hands does not make him 'unclean.' "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree