1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    One can not find confirmation in omission.
    Tell that to your "Christian" friend. The one whom you support because he doesn't believe in Christianity either. The one who is endlessly telling us that this or that is "not in the Bible". The one who worships the Bible, instead of the One whom the Bible is about.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '17 10:56
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Apart from that. 😉
    How many do you need before you believe?
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:00
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    The bible never says the guy on the cross lived a life of sin void of good works. He was caught stealing and that is all that we know.
    The Bible says the thief was a malefactor deserving of death. By his own admission he knew he was guilty.

And Jesus saved him based on a simple act of faith. Pokes your theology right in the eye.

Go ahead and make more excuses.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Tell that to your "Christian" friend. The one whom you support because he doesn't believe in Christianity either. The one who is endlessly telling us that this or that is "not in the Bible". The one who worships the Bible, instead of the One whom the Bible is about.
    Even if you show scripture showing what why we believe what we do, it is dismissed as
    if it isn't there, or we are told it doesn't mean what it says plainly, as they add to it, or take
    away from it.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:05
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Bible says the thief was a malefactor deserving of death. By his own admission he knew he was guilty.

And Jesus saved him based on a simple act of faith. Pokes your theology right in the eye.

Go ahead and make more excuses.
    The thing about breaking the law it says that murder and adultery are both against the
    law, and if you break one and not the other it doesn't matter you have broken the same
    law so any breaking of the law is the breaking of the whole thing. To dismiss sin is as
    dumb as you can be, one sin was all it took to for man to lose his place with God. To
    suggest a few good works can clean someone of sin doesn't grasp grace or works for
    that matter.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:10
    So you judge me. And other Christians. So admit it now, finally, instead of this mealy-mouthed claim that I and others "do" this or that. You do not know me. And you do not know others you have accused in this forum of some kind of "backyard Christianity", when their Christianity is mainstream. You lean unto your own understanding, which is nearly alwa ...[text shortened]... preach, yet you do not follow through. Christians in this forum have nothing to learn from you.
    Stop trying so hard to make it personal. Your dispute with Rajk999 is over doctrine.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:16
    Originally posted by josephw
    The Bible says the thief was a malefactor deserving of death. By his own admission he knew he was guilty. And Jesus saved him based on a simple act of faith.
    The thief on the cross was mocking Jesus so there's no reason to believe his "act of faith" was anything other than part of the mocking.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:171 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay to Suzianne about Rajk999
    Even if you show scripture showing what why we believe what we do, it is dismissed as
    if it isn't there, or we are told it doesn't mean what it says plainly, as they add to it, or take
    away from it.
    Oh the irony. You could be talking about yourself.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Stop trying so hard to make it personal. Your dispute with Rajk999 is over doctrine.
    No, it's not. Try to pay attention, instead of trying to make me seem like I think something I don't, like he does.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:20
    No, it's not. Try to pay attention, instead of trying to make me seem like I think something I don't, like he does.
    Your disagreement with Rajk999 is about interpretation of the Bible and not about your autobiography or his autobiography. You are hiding behind your incessant charge of "hypocrisy" so as not to have to debate doctrine.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:41
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your disagreement with Rajk999 is about interpretation of the Bible and not about your autobiography or his autobiography. You are hiding behind your incessant charge of "hypocrisy" so as not to have to debate doctrine.
    Its because she cannot debate doctrine. She lacks the ability to carry on a normal discussion and worse, lack the ammunition to present points which counter some of the doctrine preached by Christ and the Apostles. She just cannot argue with that and she knows it. But its not a easy thing for someone to come along and pull the security rug from under your feet... I must be the bad guy. All along she and many others here believed their church handbook but now questions are being raised in their minds .. its a hard road ..
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    The thief on the cross was mocking Jesus so there's no reason to believe his "act of faith" was anything other than part of the mocking.
    The thief on the cross, who Jesus saved, did not mock Him. The other 'criminal' did, and the crowd did, but NOT the thief.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 11:551 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    The thief on the cross, who Jesus saved, did not mock Him. The other 'criminal' did, and the crowd did, but NOT the thief.
    All the thieves were mocking him, although one of the gospels doesn't mention the incident at all,
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '17 12:11
    Originally posted by FMF
    All the thieves were mocking him, although one of the gospels doesn't mention the incident at all,
    I was referring to Luke 23: 40-43. Although Matthew and Mark do not give a similar account of this incident.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 12:18
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I was referring to Luke 23: 40-43. Although Matthew and Mark do not give a similar account of this incident.
    Luke perhaps offers some detail of the mocking words aimed at Jesus and this illustrates what Mark and Matthew describe. I'm not sure Christians are entitled to make too much out of something three of the gospels couldn't be bothered to mention. And anyway, given the accounts of Mark and Matthew, if anything, Luke's verse 40 sounds a lot like spin added, who knows, maybe decades later. Seems a tatty bit of "history" upon which to build a whole load of theology. But it's just my penny's worth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree