Meat, the hard truth - Not for Milk Christians

Meat, the hard truth - Not for Milk Christians

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
The thief on the cross, who Jesus saved, did not mock Him. The other 'criminal' did, and the crowd did, but NOT the thief.
Just for a moment, read the following in the context of somebody being sarcastic and mocking:

"Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus then answers in a similar sarcastic manner:

“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Tell that to your "Christian" friend. The one whom you support because he doesn't believe in Christianity either. The one who is endlessly telling us that this or that is "not in the Bible". The one who worships the Bible, instead of the One whom the Bible is about.
You mean the one who often speaks common sense?

c

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Just for a moment, read the following in the context of somebody being sarcastic and mocking:

"Don’t you fear God,” he said, “since you are under the same sentence? We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong.” Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.”

Jesus th ...[text shortened]... ers in a similar sarcastic manner:

“Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”
I don't get a sense of sarcasm there.
And in the context of the situation, with nails driven through limbs and death looming, and severe pain, it would not seem like a very good scenario for sarcasm.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

I don't get a sense of sarcasm there.
And in the context of the situation, with nails driven through limbs and death looming, and severe pain, it would not seem like a very good scenario for sarcasm.
Perhaps you merely underestimate divine humour?

'The LORD laughs at the wicked, for he sees that their day is coming.'

Psalm 37:13

c

Moves
04 May 17

What is 'wicked'?

What if the Lord views someone as wicked who is "unconvinced of His existence"?

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

What is 'wicked'?

God has written his law on the very heart of the unbeliever. Would he have done that to something he viewed as wicked?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 May 17

Love that passage 😀

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
04 May 17

What is 'wicked'?

"Whoever is not with me is against me."

Being 'unconvinced' would surely be considered as 'not with'.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
"Whoever is not with me is against me."

Being 'unconvinced' would surely be considered as 'not with'.
But not quite the same as 'wicked,' hey?

'But He, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity and did not destroy them; And often He restrained His anger And did not arouse all His wrath.'

Psalm 78:38

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
04 May 17

But not quite the same as 'wicked,' hey?

'But He, being compassionate, forgave their iniquity and did not destroy them; And often He restrained His anger And did not arouse all His wrath.'

Psalm 78:38
Yes, being against Christ--and all that comes with it--would evidently be wicked according to his standards. Lots of forgiveness during our our lifetime. Apparently zero forgiveness for being his enemy and staying an unrepentant enemy all the way to the last breath.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 May 17

Yes, being against Christ--and all that comes with it--would evidently be wicked according to his standards. Lots of forgiveness during our our lifetime. Apparently zero forgiveness for being his enemy and staying an unrepentant enemy all the way to the last breath.
I'm open to God's existence.

The fact i remain unconvinced is His failing, not mine. (Your description of Him makes Him sound rather petty and vindictive,...which doesn't help his cause).

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
04 May 17

How do you define being against Christ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Its because she cannot debate doctrine. She lacks the ability to carry on a normal discussion and worse, lack the ammunition to present points which counter some of the doctrine preached by Christ and the Apostles. She just cannot argue with that and she knows it. But its not a easy thing for someone to come along and pull the security rug from under your fe ...[text shortened]... ed their church handbook but now questions are being raised in their minds .. its a hard road ..
/eyeroll

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 May 17

You mean the one who often speaks common sense?
Clearly, you see him differently than he shows himself in this forum. Could that be because he speaks 'glowingly' (and wrongly) about atheists? He strangely shepherds his flock of unbelievers while purposefully attacking Christians here. Yes, he 'tends' you well.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
04 May 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
How do you define being against Christ?
The Scripture has already been posted. Christ said, "Whoever is not with me is against me."