1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:40
    Originally posted by josephw
    Salvation is of God. There's nothing you can do to earn eternal life. It is the gift of God.

You have the same problem as Cain who thought he could bring to the altar his own good works to please God. Your righteousness is as filthy rags.
    No references to support this :

1. Jesus died for our sins past, present and future
    2. If you think you can or need to do anything to secure your salvation, then you're back under the law.

Still waiting.

I believe the Word of God, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. I dont believe in the teachings of churches and pastors.. They can fool you it seems. Maybe you should check into why you are so easily let astray by the doctrine of men.
  2. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:47
    Originally posted by FMF
    But what about the stuff that Jesus asked you to do?
    That's right FMF.

Ephesians 2:10
    For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Works ordained by God. To live Godly lives. They don't save. Jesus saves. Works don't.

A child can understand this.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    But what about the stuff that Jesus asked you to do?
    He is not required to do anything. He is the worst kind of Christian.. the selfish taker, the gimme gimme gimme, Im saved Im saved, ones. If he has no meat in his doctrine he will hear Christ say .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:50
    That's right FMF.

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Works ordained by God. To live Godly lives. They don't save. Jesus saves. Works don't.

So you are saved even if you don't do what Jesus asked you to do?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:55
    That's right FMF.

The works ordained by God are clearly listed by Christ and all the Apostles. In fact in the very same book of Ephesians Pauls says that if you dont do these works you will not get into the Kingdom of God. These works are not optional. THEY ARE REQUIRED.

.. no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. (Ephesians 5:2-5 KJV)

Sin, evil works unrighteous living removes even Christian saints from the Kingdom of God.
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 May '17 00:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    He is not required to do anything. He is the worst kind of Christian.. the selfish taker, the gimme gimme gimme, Im saved Im saved, ones. If he has no meat in his doctrine he will hear Christ say .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye ...[text shortened]... d, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)
    Bitterness, anger and self righteous indignation is what you put on display about yourself.

You know nothing about me, what I do, or how I serve the LORD.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 01:021 edit
    Bitterness, anger and self righteous indignation is what you put on display about yourself.

You know nothing about me, what I do, or how I serve the LORD.
    Stupidity and false doctrines is what you put on display about yourself, because you have failed to support your doctrines from the teachings of Christ and the Aposltes

Neither do you know anything about me and yet you condemn me at every opportunity or is your brain so shallow you cannot even remember what you post a few minutes ago.
  8. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    04 May '17 01:05
    The works ordained by God are clearly listed by Christ and all the Apostles. In fact in the very same book of Ephesians Pauls says that if you dont do these works you will not get into the Kingdom of God. These works are not optional. THEY ARE REQUIRED.

[i].. no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance i ...[text shortened]... /i]

Sin, evil works unrighteous living removes even Christian saints from the Kingdom of God.
    You're confusing good works with salvation. Good works don't save. Only the blood of Christ can save.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 May '17 01:212 edits
    You're confusing good works with salvation. Good works don't save. Only the blood of Christ can save.
    You are confusing yourself. You claim NOTHING IS REQUIRED.
    Yet the Bible says clearly that if you dont do good works and live righteously you will not get eternal life.
    Therefore SOMETHING IS REQUIRED... contrary to what you say.

You have a whole pile of false doctrines in your head. Have you yet produced scripture for these?
    1. Jesus died for our sins past, present and future
    2. If you think you can or need to do anything to secure your salvation, then you're back under the law.

No you cannot. because they are not in the Bible. They only exist in your church handbook.. reading church handbooks dont get you into the Kingdom of God pal ..
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 May '17 04:32
    He is not required to do anything. He is the worst kind of Christian.. the selfish taker, the gimme gimme gimme, Im saved Im saved, ones. If he has no meat in his doctrine he will hear Christ say .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye ...[text shortened]... d, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (Matthew 25:41-43 KJV)
    Stop parroting a book, and give us your testimony, or stop judging Christians, whom you do NOT know.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 04:351 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne to Rajk999
    Stop parroting a book, and give us your testimony....
    The disputed doctrine is surely from the "book" you mention. Where else is a Christian supposed to obtain Christian doctrine from?
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 04:59
    The works are an after effect of justification and salvation. Not the cause.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 May '17 05:03
    Originally posted by Tom Wolsey
    The works are an after effect of justification and salvation. Not the cause.
    The works are either required or they are not, presumably.
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    04 May '17 05:10
    The bible says it is faith that is counted as righteousness. It also says that faith cannot exist without works. If someone claims faith but willfully produces zero works, then it can be presumed his or her claim is false. But by no means does the bible say, for example, a true deathbed conversion (after which works cannot follow) is not adequate.
  15. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    04 May '17 05:231 edit
    A Christian is someone who believes in the teachings of Christ and the Apostles and one who applies these teachings in a meaningful way to their life. You seem to believe in the doctrine that your church has preached to you.

Your church told you that nothing is required of you except proclaiming you faith in Christ. The Bible says no such thing. But st ...[text shortened]... ne.

I provide references in support of my beliefs. All you have is what the pastor told you.
    Your church told you that nothing is required of you except proclaiming your faith in Christ.

I have visited quite a few churches, and most of them preach repentance as the first step. Having faith in Jesus is a life changing experience, you are changed from within. You are putting the cart before the horse. We are not saved by works. We are saved by faith. Good works are merely evidence of your faith. You can do good works without faith and those works are just like filthy rags, and they will not save you. Without faith it is impossible to please God. Faith in Christ enables you to do good works naturally rather than feeling obliged to do good works and follow a set of laws in order to impress God or gain your own salvation. That is legalism.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree