More from Joe

More from Joe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
04 Oct 10

explicitly - definition of explicitly by the Free Online ...
a. Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied. b. Fully and clearly defined or formulated: "generalizations that are powerful, precise, ...

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Based on your posts on this forum it is clear you need to learn humility.
You know nothing of humility,...true humility is a spiritulal quality, it is the ability and will of the living being to recognize the Supremicy of God.

You believe that humility is, that I treat lying and cheating persons sweetly, but this is not humility.

Once again this knowledge is found in Vedanta.

T

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
explicitly - definition of explicitly by the Free Online ...
a. Fully and clearly expressed; leaving nothing implied. b. Fully and clearly defined or formulated: "generalizations that are powerful, precise, ...
Unlike Jesus, you seem to be seriously lacking in communication skills.

t

Moves
04 Oct 10

Unlike Jesus, you seem to be seriously lacking in communication skills.
And you, my friend, are forgiven to your persecuting of me..

T

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
You know nothing of humility,...true humility is a spiritulal quality, it is the ability and will of the living being to recognize the Supremicy of God.

You believe that humility is, that I treat lying and cheating persons sweetly, but this is not humility.

Once again this knowledge is found in Vedanta.
Didn't really think your request was sincere, but thought I'd answer anyway. Evidently you even lack the humility to consider that you lack humility.

Evidently you believe you have mind reading skills. Well, you're wrong. I don't believe that humility is "that [you] treat lying and cheating persons sweetly". Do you have the humility to admit that you're wrong here? Do you have the humility to admit that you don't have mind reading skills?

T

Moves
04 Oct 10

And you, my friend, are forgiven to your persecuting of me..
Where have I "persecuted" you?

t

Moves
04 Oct 10

eh?

t

Moves
04 Oct 10
2 edits

persecute - definition of persecute by the Free Online Dictionary ...
tr.v. per·se·cut·ed, per·se·cut·ing, per·se·cutes. 1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, ...

~Unlike Jesus, you seem to be seriously lacking in communication skills.~

in his name

T

Moves
04 Oct 10
1 edit

persecute - definition of persecute by the Free Online Dictionary ...
tr.v. per·se·cut·ed, per·se·cut·ing, per·se·cutes. 1. To oppress or harass with ill-treatment, especially because of race, religion, gender, ...
I understand the meaning of "persecute". It was a simple request. Here, I'll rephrase: Please cite examples of where I've been persecuting you.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Oct 10

Didn't really think your request was sincere, but thought I'd answer anyway. Evidently you even lack the humility to consider that you lack humility.

[b]You believe that humility is, that I treat lying and cheating persons sweetly, but this is not humility.

Evidently you believe you have mind reading skills. Well, you're wrong. I don't believe ...[text shortened]... e wrong here? Do you have the humility to admit that you don't have mind reading skills?[/b]
Even clearly explaining what is true humility, you carry on with your nonsense talk...why am I not surprized.

F

Moves
04 Oct 10

Even clearly explaining what is true humility, you carry on with your nonsense talk...why am I not surprized.
Don't you have the golden rule in your vedic litterature? Don't you have the slightest humbleness in your religion? Are there many like you in your religion?

Remember - as you the only vedic fundamentalist in site, you are an ambassadour of your religion. Do you think you perform well in this role?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
04 Oct 10
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Don't you have the golden rule in your vedic litterature? Don't you have the slightest humbleness in your religion? Are there many like you in your religion?

Remember - as you the only vedic fundamentalist in site, you are an ambassadour of your religion. Do you think you perform well in this role?
When you have to deal with lying cheating scientists, and crack pot christians who say hey, God enjoys a good animal slaughter, then harsh words of disapproval are all I can offer.

Who says a person has to humbly accept nonsense talk...I wont, and if it makes me a bad embassador, so what, these rascals need more than harsh words.

The whole world is being mislead by these rascals, so harsh words are the least of my concern.

F

Moves
04 Oct 10

When you have to deal with lying cheating scientists, and crack pot christians who say hey, God enjoys a good animal slaughter, then harsh words of disapproval are all I can offer.

Who says a person has to humbly accept nonsense talk...I wont, and if it makes me a bad embassador, so what, these rascals need more than harsh words.

The whole world is being mislead by these rascals, so harsh words are the least of my concern.
So humbleness is not a part of your religion then...? I-am-right-and-everyone-else-is-wrong kind of thinking is like a basic corner stone in your religion?

AH

Moves
04 Oct 10
1 edit

Vedanta gives all knowledge, that is required to get out of this world of birth, disease, old age, and death.

It doesnt have every piece of knowledge, about every single thing in existence, that would require a book 5000 miles thick, dont you think.

It has information on galaxies, the atom, explains why the sun shines, explains how matter comes into ...[text shortened]... evoted to, and how to practice the spiritual practices of purification to develope love for God.
“...Vedanta gives ALL knowledge, that is required to get out of this world of birth, disease, old age, and death ...” (my emphasis)

really! So does it give knowledge of, say, how to manufacture penicillin? Penicillin cures disease.

“...It doesnt have every piece of knowledge, ...”
Yes, it doesn't tell us how to manufacture penicillin.

“...It has information on galaxies, the atom, explains why the sun shines, explains how matter comes into being and it might even say something about your little virus.

And all this knowledge was given millions of years ago. ...”

So can you show just one extract from it that shows it , even millions of years ago, explains the life cycle of viruses.....

...or is this vital information needed to fight viral disease only given by all those “lying cheating scientists”?

“...But do not ask me to do your home work for you, ...”

Fortunately its not my homework to waste time looking up a load of religious crap.

t

Moves
04 Oct 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...Vedanta gives ALL knowledge, that is required to get out of this world of birth, disease, old age, and death ...” (my emphasis)

really! So does it give knowledge of, say, how to manufacture penicillin? Penicillin cures disease.

“...It doesnt have every piece of knowledge, ...”
Yes, it doesn't tell us how to manufacture penicillin.

“...I ...[text shortened]... you, ...”

Fortunately its not my homework to waste time looking up a load of religious crap.
" does it give knowledge of, say, how to manufacture penicillin? Penicillin cures disease. "

Why have such a concept when the true ~physician~ is ~WITHIN ANYONE~ to find?