More from Joe

More from Joe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Q Hullo Joe, glad you could make it.
A No problem, I have been very busy this week.

Q What have you been up to?
A. I have just come from the 2010 International Design Award presentations in Hollywood.

Q. What can you tell us about that Joe?
A. Well every year we judge all of the terrific designs in technology, science, industry and the arts.

Q So what was the design that took first place Joe?
A. Well it was a hard decision, because there where so many great ideas, but the winner was a mind reading device, that you wear on your head, that knows what channel you want to change on your TV…and that means we no longer need to pick up the remote control, and push the buttons, its fantastic, you just have to think of the channel and it changes right before your eyes.

Q. Well Joe, that’s certainly is a great design, but do you think its really necessary, and did it cost much to create this device, and how much will one cost to own?
A. Actually it only took 17 scientists 3 years to design, at a bargin cost of 1.2 billion dollars, and if you want to be the lucky owner of “The Channel Changing Device” you can buy them from Tandy for only $1299.

Q. Joe, being a self confest atheist, in a previous interview, you said that scientists don’t recognize that the universe suggest design, but you have clearly applauded the efforts of the designers that created this thingo, why is that Joe?
A. We scientist are the keepers of truth, and with regards to the universe and everything in it, we haven’t been able to find a designer, and we have looked everywhere.

Q Where have the scientists looked Joe?
A. Well the Government gave us a lot of money, and we bought a big telescope, and we have been looking through it for a long time, and we haven’t seen a designer anywhere, and your welcome to come and look for yourself anytime you want, but you wont find a designer anywhere, because where scientists and we have already done all the looking required,. but feel free to give it another go.

Q. Joe, many people say that the universe and all the complex arrangements within, is proof that there is intelligent design behind it, and that alone is enough to conclude that there is a designer behind it, what do you say?
A. We are the scientists, and are keepers of the truth, and if we say there is no intelligent design behind the workings of the universe, then that must be the truth.

Q. But Joe, the “Channel Changer” was designed by many intelligent people, and it didn’t just create itself, so why do you claim the universe is any different?
A. aaaah what!

Q Joe why do you say the universe and all the complexity, is not a product of design, when your “Channel Changer” is definitely designed by a conscious living scientist?
A. The universe and all the very, very, very, very, complex arrangements in it, is just a miracle, no sorry, I mean just a random accident, and that’s all there is to say.

Q. But Joe, all the scientists agree that everything that can be perceived, has a cause, and your “Channel Changer” is complex and has its cause, as you can very well agree, so why do you say that the universe has no cause.
A. We scientists don’t say that, we say the cause was the Big Bang, and after the Big Bang, there was a random accident, that caused life to appear, and over a long time that life changed into millions of functioning complex species, including humans.

Q. Joe we have talked about the Big Bang before, so what existed before the Big Bang?
A. We don’t know.

Q. Joe what caused the Big Bang?
A. We don’t know.

Q. What was the Big Bang?
A. Well there was nothing, and then the nothing became something, and then the something exploded, and now I drive a BMW…..pretty cool huh!

Q. Joe Iam getting a headache, can we continue later?
A. What is this too complex for you to understand, you should go and get a science degree, and then you will………..catch you later.

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu

A. I have just come from the 2010 International Design Award presentations in Hollywood.

A. Well every year we judge all of the terrific designs in technology, science, industry and the arts.

Q ...[text shortened]... ou to understand, you should go and get a science degree, and then you will………..catch you later.
Have you ever considered how much your beliefs parallel those of fundamentalist Christians? Does that not at all concern you?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10

Joe isn't a scientist...he's a stooge.

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by Agerg
Joe isn't a scientist...he's a stooge.
Think you can get Vishva to understand the difference?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Think you can get Vishva to understand the difference?
I'd like to hope *someone* can 😕

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

I'd like to hope *someone* can 😕
Go for it. I triple dog dare you.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Have you ever considered how much your beliefs parallel those of fundamentalist Christians? Does that not at all concern you?
The fact that you just made that comment means, you have not a clue to what I have ever presented here.

What I have said, compared to the christains, is like black is to white.

I have been all along, explaining the errors in the christian mind set, could you not see this.

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

The fact that you just made that comment means you have not a clue to what I have ever presented here.

What I have said, compared to the christains, is like black is to white.

I have been all along, explaining the errors in the christian mind set, could you not see this.
I know you like to think you have absolutely nothing in common with fundamentalist Christians, however what you've written here could have easily been written by one. Just thought you should consider that.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

Go for it. I triple dog dare you.
I'll pass thankyou very much...I cannot begin to imagine what sort of thoughts and ideas float around in vish's head; moreover that which he considers logical and common sense is completely distinct from my own.

I'm not up to the challenge! (and so much as it is possible between two forum aliases, there is a mutual disliking between us anyway)

T

Moves
01 Oct 10

I'll pass thankyou very much...I cannot begin to imagine what sort of thoughts and ideas float around in vish's head; moreover that which he considers logical and common sense is completely distinct from my own.

I'm not up to the challenge! (and so much as it is possible between two forum aliases, there is a mutual disliking between us anyway)
By what twisted use of "logic and common sense" were you able to make yourself believe that you can back down from a triple dog dare? 🙂

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 Oct 10
1 edit

By what twisted use of "logic and common sense" were you able to make yourself believe that you can back down from a triple dog dare? 🙂
I don't appeal to logic on this matter...merely my instinct for cowardice and cynicism; the mainstays of survival and sanity :]

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
01 Oct 10

He does come across like that.
There's always trouble when you try to put your "spiritual" thoughts down.

So vishva, can you see Think of One's point now?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
01 Oct 10

I know you like to think you have absolutely nothing in common with fundamentalist Christians, however what you've written here could have easily been written by one. Just thought you should consider that.
The christians, are fundemental about pushing error onto everyone...I am presenting truth from the wisdom of Vedanta which is not error. (black and white)

For you to understand what I just said, you would have to travel the path of spirituality, until your acceptance of superstitious world beliefs where eradicated, then you will see the difference in fundamental christian teachings as against Vedanta teachings.

Until you explore and study Vedanta, you will not know the difference.

AH

Moves
01 Oct 10

Q ...[text shortened]... ou to understand, you should go and get a science degree, and then you will………..catch you later.
“...The universe and all the very, very, very, very, complex arrangements in it, is just a miracle, no sorry, I mean just a random accident, and that’s all there is to say. ...”

I think I pointed this out before but it is NOT the view of science that the universe is “just a miracle” (what ever that means ) nor that the universe (and also evolution ) is “a random accident”. How many times must I repeat this for you to acknowledge these facts? -stop misrepresenting science!

“...Q. Joe we have talked about the Big Bang before, so what existed before the Big Bang? ...”

There probably was no “before” the big bang because that is what the equations imply.

“...Q. Joe what caused the Big Bang? ...”

I pointed this out before but if the big bang was the beginning of time (as the equations imply ) then nothing “caused” the big bang because for something to “cause” something Y it has to come before Y. This is the general current view of science.

“...Q. What was the Big Bang?
A. Well there was nothing, ...”

WRONG! Like I pointed out before, at no point in time was there “nothing”.

“...and then the nothing became something,...”

WRONG!

“... and then the something exploded, ...”

WRONG! As I pointed out before, the big bang theory doesn’t say anything exploded. There was no such explosion.

You really should find out what the big bang theory ACTUALLY says before saying anything about it. In the mean time, stop misrepresenting the big bang!

P.S. Joe is actually an ignorant religious nut that is just dishing out religious propaganda by pretending to be an atheist and then misrepresenting both atheism and science.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
01 Oct 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...The universe and all the very, very, very, very, complex arrangements in it, is just a miracle, no sorry, I mean just a random accident, and that’s all there is to say. ...”

I think I pointed this out before but it is NOT the view of science that the universe is “just a miracle” (what ever that means ) nor that the universe (and also evolution ...[text shortened]... ous propaganda by pretending to be an atheist and then misrepresenting both atheism and science.
I am not convinced Joe actually exists.