More from Joe

More from Joe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Are you implying that it couldn't have been written by a fundamentalist Christian?

The same human frailties that have undermined the teachings of Jesus in Christianity seem to be at work in your brand of Vedanta also.
What ARE you talking about?

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by vishvahetu
I have been all along, explaining the errors in the christian mind set, could you not see this.
'Seeing' what you are doing is one thing; not thinking you are just another fundamentalist with an axe to grind is another.

AH

Moves
02 Oct 10
2 edits

The cheating scientist has something to say, does he!......lets all hear his scientific explanation, of the existence of the universe and galaxies, and everything contained within.....and in exact detail, and dont leave anything out, because you are a scientist, and have all the test tubes and telescopes at your disposal, and I dont.
“...lets all hear his scientific explanation, of the existence of the universe and galaxies, ...”

Just look up on the net “the big bang” and “evolution of galaxies” and “evolution” and try and read patiently and intelligently (that means without anti-science bias and just look at the evidence ) and then at last you would hear the scientific explanation.

“...and everything contained within .......and in exact detail, and don’t leave anything out, ”

It would be an exaggeration to say science currently literally “explains everything” but science doesn't make this claim and that doesn't diminish what science DOES explain (which is quite substantial! ). Does the Bible explain observed relativistic behaviour of matter? Or the evolution of galaxies? Or observed quantum behaviour? Or how DNA works? Or why the sun shines? Or the life-cycle of a virus? Answer, no; it doesn't even mention any of these things.

“...because you are a scientist, ...”

I am not a scientist. And, regardless of whether I was, like any scientist, I wouldn't claim to be able to literally “explain everything”. How many times do you hear a scientist say “we don't know”? Answer; often.

AH

Moves
02 Oct 10

So a watch needs a conscious intelligent desighn, but a galaxy doesnt...thats ignorance taken to infinitardum, something to expect from the cheating scientist.
“...So a watch needs a conscious intelligent desighn, but a galaxy doesnt. ...”

What on earth has one got to do with the other?
And what exactly is your premiss for your claim that galaxies require a “designer” as opposed to just being formed by natural processes?
“galaxies” are not even mentioned in the Bible nor in any other scripture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_formation_and_evolution

-no mention of a “designer” needed there; and why should there be?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
02 Oct 10

The christians, are fundemental about pushing error onto everyone...I am presenting truth from the wisdom of Vedanta which is not error. (black and white)

For you to understand what I just said, you would have to travel the path of spirituality, until your acceptance of superstitious world beliefs where eradicated, then you will see the difference in f ...[text shortened]... st Vedanta teachings.

Until you explore and study Vedanta, you will not know the difference.
Whether Vedanta is in error or not is not as important as the humans that are reading the material who are in error with their interpretation. I suspect it is the same with the bible- It can be a good book if you interpret it the right way, and pay attention to Jesus' overall message for the individual.

T

Moves
02 Oct 10

What ARE you talking about?
Okay. I'll lay it out in the simplest terms.

You made the following hallow accusation:
You band together chistianity and Vedanta, because it serves your dishonest, fault finding menatality.

as a response to this post:
And yet another post that could have been written by a fundamentalist Christian.

Can you spot the trend?

What was "dishonest" about my post?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Oct 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“...lets all hear his scientific explanation, of the existence of the universe and galaxies, ...”

Just look up on the net “the big bang” and “evolution of galaxies” and “evolution” and try and read patiently and intelligently (that means without anti-science bias and just look at the evidence ) and then at last you would hear the scientific explan ...[text shortened]... ain everything”. How many times do you hear a scientist say “we don't know”? Answer; often.
Why on earth are you asking me if the bible explains these things, I have said repeatedly that the bible is a fabrication of writtings by the ruling class, and you know I have said this. ( the bible doesnt know anything)

In the Vedanta teachings are all the answers to your questions, and you will even have explanation of the atom and atomic time.

But you are not looking, you are just barking like a dog, no to this ...no to that.

Why dont you at least explore Vedanta for at least 6 months to find how much depth of knowledge is there,....and then come back and ask your questions.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
02 Oct 10

Okay. I'll lay it out in the simplest terms.

You made the following hallow accusation:
You band together chistianity and Vedanta, because it serves your [b]dishonest, fault finding menatality.

as a response to this post:
And yet another post that could have been written by a fundamentalist Christian.

Can you spot the trend?

What was "dishonest" about my post?[/b]
Because you attack Vedanta, without knowing anything it is presenting, and thats dishonest, to make comment about something beyond your understanding.

AH

Moves
03 Oct 10

Why on earth are you asking me if the bible explains these things, I have said repeatedly that the bible is a fabrication of writtings by the ruling class, and you know I have said this. ( the bible doesnt know anything)

In the Vedanta teachings are all the answers to your questions, and you will even have explanation of the atom and atomic time.

Bu ...[text shortened]... nths to find how much depth of knowledge is there,....and then come back and ask your questions.
“.....I have said repeatedly that the bible is a fabrication of writtings by the ruling class ...”

I must have missed all those posts.

“...In the Vedanta teachings are all the answers to your questions, and you will even have explanation of the atom and atomic time. ...”

“atomic time”? Do you mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Atomic_Time ?

OK, I don't want to be sidetracked by that so let me slightly modify my question in my last post:

Does the Vedanta teachings explain observed relativistic behaviour of matter? Or the evolution of galaxies? Or observed quantum behaviour? Or how DNA works? Or why the sun shines? Or the life-cycle of a virus?

Answer, no. Only modern science explains these things.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10

Originally posted by Andrew Hamilton
“.....I have said repeatedly that the bible is a fabrication of writtings by the ruling class ...”

I must have missed all those posts.

“...In the Vedanta teachings are all the answers to your questions, and you will even have explanation of the atom and atomic time. ...”

“atomic time”? Do you mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International ...[text shortened]... hines? Or the life-cycle of a virus?

Answer, no. Only modern science explains these things.
Vedanta gives all knowledge, that is required to get out of this world of birth, disease, old age, and death.

It doesnt have every piece of knowledge, about every single thing in existence, that would require a book 5000 miles thick, dont you think.

It has information on galaxies, the atom, explains why the sun shines, explains how matter comes into being and it might even say something about your little virus.

And all this knowledge was given millions of years ago.

But do not ask me to do your home work for you, you must look these things up for yourself.....but why waste time looking up that information, when you could look up instead, how to become devoted to, and how to practice the spiritual practices of purification to develope love for God.

T

Moves
03 Oct 10
4 edits

Because you attack Vedanta, without knowing anything it is presenting, and thats dishonest, to make comment about something beyond your understanding.
For one, I'm not "attack[ing] Vedanta". I've been pointing out how your posts could have been written by a fundamentalist Christian as you seem to have very similar attitudes and an ignorance of science in common. YOUR attitudes and ignorance of science are not Vedanta. Your attempts to characterize this as "dishonest" is ridiculous.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
03 Oct 10

Really? Did you really post that?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10

For one, I'm not "attack[ing] Vedanta". I've been pointing out how your posts could have been written by a fundamentalist Christian as you seem to have very similar attitudes and an ignorance of science in common. YOUR attitudes and ignorance of science are not Vedanta. Your attempts to characterize this as "dishonest" is ridiculous.
I know science.

I know that the science you put forward is false.

You say life comes from matter, but it doesnt, it comes from life.

You say evolution is true science, but its false.

You say because of science, that life was created by a random accident, but thats more false science.

T

Moves
03 Oct 10

I know science.

I know that the science you put forward is false.

You say life comes from matter, but it doesnt, it comes from life.

You say evolution is true science, but its false.

You say because of science, that life was created by a random accident, but thats more false science.
Your first post on this thread clearly shows your ignorance of science.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
03 Oct 10

Your first post on this thread clearly shows your ignorance of science.
I dont have to mock science, because science mocks itself by attempting to decieve the public with its nonsense therories.

Why do science people lie to your face, do they actually think that every single person is a moron.