movement to atheism

movement to atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
13 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
If I thought you cared I would go into the details with you, but you have made it clear you don’t. So unless you want to engage in the answers already given there is no going forward with you and me on this.
I am interested in your answer. 'Young earth' and 'Intelligent design' are pseudoscience. Why does your "faith" need to frame pseudoscience as science? What happens to your "faith" without doing that?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
I am interested in your answer. 'Young earth' and 'Intelligent design' are pseudoscience. Why does your "faith" need to frame pseudoscience as science? What happens to your "faith" without doing that?
I don’t believe you.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I don’t believe you.
You have been in your discursive foetal position for pages.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19
3 edits

@fmf said
You have been in your discursive foetal position for pages.
You were saying the same thing earlier and then you went off saying nothing new
here, you already knew this. You refused to engage, now after claiming that was
what you wanted, you didn't back up your words with actions. So from here on out
unless I get something from you I'm never going to count on you to keep your
word, because you don't. Now your common practice to resort the personal slights
it is expected, thats about the only thing I think you offer with regularity.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@mister-moggy said
bapized catholic, raised nazarene, raised my children fundamental baptists and found myself an agnostic by fifty and in my last years, an atheist.
I have seen myself as an agnostic atheist [meaning I don't believe there is not a god or gods but I don't find the claims made by theists/religionists credible] for about the last 15 years.

There were some crossfades involved. For about 5 years before that point, and for about 5 years after that point, I might - perhaps - have been described as moving gradually towards being a deist of some fuzzy, gut-feeling kind [meaning a belief in the existence of a creator as the cause of all things but lacking belief in divine revelation or direct intervention of that creator in the universe by miracles].

I wonder sometimes whether deism will one day become my final status. Prior to all this, I was a Christian for about 25+ years and an increasingly ~ albeit gradually ~ uncertain one in the latter stages. I never posted 'as a Christian' on this website.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You were saying the same thing earlier and then you went off saying nothing new
here, you already knew this. You refused to engage, now after claiming that was
what you wanted, you didn't back up your words with actions. So from here on out
unless I get something from you I'm never going to count on you to keep your
word, because you don't. Now your common practice to re ...[text shortened]... the personal slights
My question about the apparent insecurity you have about your faith - exhibited in your interest in pseudoscience and your unwillingness to subject it to the scrutiny of people who want to debate "science" with you - remains unanswered.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19
1 edit

@kellyjay said
I do think you are a coward
"A coward"?

Actually, I think that I get quite a lot of predictable stick here for my beliefs and that I am tenacious in the face of it.

I have been accused of "eating faeces", "spreading germs", having the nature of an "unclean dog", I have been accused of being a paedophile, of lying about myself, my life, my wife and children, and about my own upbringing, I have been dismissed as "mentally ill" and "intellectually disabled", I have been compared to cockroaches and rats and pigs etc. I have been showered with personal insults for years. And I don't reply in kind.

I have never spoken to you - for example - in this way, nor to anyone else here.

I know full well - in advance - that this is how religious people are going to treat me and yet I am resilient.

I don't think "coward" is the right word.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Now your common practice to resort the personal slights
Do you yourself not use "personal slights"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
I do think you are a coward
An interesting comment coming from a person who cries away from responding to my posts, presumably under the cover of some sort of spiritual nose-in-the-air self-assurance that in doing so you are elevating yourself or your “Christian” forum persona here. Personally I think you are an intellectual coward, and intellectually dishonest with it to boot.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
Do you yourself not use "personal slights"?
Not one of the sides of me I like.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
Not one of the sides of me I like.
You should attend to the preachy-hypocrite side of you first then, I suggest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
You should attend to the preachy-hypocrite side of you first then, I suggest.
LOL, I again don't care what you suggest.
None of us are perfect, if its perfection that is required before one can open their
mouths it would be a quiet world where no one can speak. You mind your mouth
I'll mind mine.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
LOL, I again don't care what you suggest.
None of us are perfect, if its perfection that is required before one can open their
mouths it would be a quiet world where no one can speak. You mind your mouth
I'll mind mine.
You sound like the kind of prideful person who quite likes to call people names online but likes to claim he is rueful and repentant about it too.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jan 19

@fmf said
You sound like the kind of prideful person who quite likes to call people names online but likes to claim he is rueful and repentant about it too.
You should review the things you’ve said before condemning others.

F

Moves
14 Jan 19

@kellyjay said
You should review the things you’ve said before condemning others.
I am not criticizing you for insulting me. I am criticizing you for being a hypocrite about insulting people.