Says you?
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 05:02
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It is human life, an individual.
    No it isn't, and I can prove it. Fertilized eggs can be frozen, and then thawed with no loss of viability.

Try that with a human.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 05:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Says you?
    Is the potential for human life the only consideration? Shouldn't we prevent unwanted pregnancies? Do you know about tipping points? If we keep breeding indiscriminately, we are all going to die. I mean humans go extinct. And not because we evolve into something else, but because we all die due to overpopulation.

This is a real thing. I don't know your science education background, but I know you are a good person. Don't oppose stuff you don't understand, until you see something we need to hear.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 06:34
    Abortion needs to be banned because it is the taking of another innocent human being's life for no other reason than inconvenience.
    Sliced bread needs to be banned because it is the division of a piece of bread for no other reason than convenience.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 06:531 edit
    Abortion needs to be banned because it is the taking of another innocent human being's life for no other reason than inconvenience.
    Yet another astounding example of your rather limited capacity for compassion and empathy, just like those (mostly Christian, btw) who claim that people are poor because they are lazy.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '17 09:47
    Originally posted by @apathist
    No it isn't, and I can prove it. Fertilized eggs can be frozen, and then thawed with no loss of viability.

Try that with a human.
    Try this!
    If you stop and kill something it ends, if you leave it till the end you could end up with an
    elderly man or woman. You can end a sperm, it will not become an old man or woman
    if left along, the same thing is true with an egg. That is not true of fertilized egg, if that is
    allowed to continue during its natural state a human man or woman will once fully
    done will be there. Kill a 2 year old, you will never see a teenager, kill a 10 year the
    same thing, kill an infant same thing, kill a child in its mothers womb you'll never hear that
    baby laugh.

So what that fertilized eggs can be frozen, those eggs in their natural state if allowed to
    complete the process will develop into embryo, fetus, infant, and so on. You kill off any
    of them they never move on to the next stage of human life, you end the human life.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 01:30
    [Try this!
    If you stop and kill something it ends, if you leave it till the end you could end up with an...
    I know that. Should we not give thought to our progeny.

A fertilized egg is not a child. This disturbs you, and I understand that. It disturbs me too. How dare the church prohibit contraception.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 01:34
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Sliced bread needs to be banned because it is the division of a piece of bread for no other reason than convenience.
    Makes sense, you believe there is no difference between human life and a loaf of bread.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 01:40
    Is the potential for human life the only consideration? Shouldn't we prevent unwanted pregnancies? Do you know about tipping points? If we keep breeding indiscriminately, we are all going to die. I mean humans go extinct. And not because we evolve into something else, but because we all die due to overpopulation.

This is a real thing. I don't know your ...[text shortened]... a good person. Don't oppose stuff you don't understand, until you see something we need to hear.
    You are good with killing someone to make someone else's life easier?
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 01:47
    You are good with killing someone to make someone else's life easier?
    No. I'm good with helping third-world countries stop popping out kids they can't support.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 01:47
    https://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc

Does the picture here look like a baby or fertilized egg?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 02:111 edit
    No. I'm good with helping third-world countries stop popping out kids they can't support.
    So kill them? You want open season on them all or just when they are young or old?
  14. Germany
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 06:491 edit
    Makes sense, you believe there is no difference between human life and a loaf of bread.
    I wasn't comparing "human life" and "bread." I was comparing a nonsensical reasoning to a nonsensical reasoning.

If an embryo deserves protection, then what does it matter (in cases where the mother's life is not in danger) why the abortion is sought?
  15. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 07:59
    https://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-12-weeks_1101.bc
    Does the picture here look like a baby or fertilized egg?
    Baby. Here is a better pic for you:
    https://asweetsouvenir.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/12-week-baby-model.jpg?w=640

The termination of unwanted pregnancies should happen early. Late-term abortions shouldn't happen except for medical emergencies.

http://brainblogger.com/2009/05/10/medical-controversy-when-does-life-begin/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree