1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 09:13
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Try this!
    If you stop and kill something it ends, if you leave it till the end you could end up with an
    elderly man or woman. You can end a sperm, it will not become an old man or woman
    if left along, the same thing is true with an egg. That is not true of fertilized egg, if that is
    allowed to continue during its natural state a human man or woman will ...[text shortened]... ill off any
    of them they never move on to the next stage of human life, you end the human life.
    But it's okay when God kills someone, making them end, preventing a continuation to an elderly man or woman?

One rule for God, another for man, even though the Bible tells us to follow God's example of righteousness?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 10:35
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    But it's okay when God kills someone, making them end, preventing a continuation to an elderly man or woman?

One rule for God, another for man, even though the Bible tells us to follow God's example of righteousness?
    God sets the times for all of our births and deaths, so why wouldn't it okay that He does
    is His right to do?
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 11:06
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Baby. Here is a better pic for you:
    https://asweetsouvenir.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/12-week-baby-model.jpg?w=640

The termination of unwanted pregnancies should happen early. Late-term abortions shouldn't happen except for medical emergencies.

http://brainblogger.com/2009/05/10/medical-controversy-when-does-life-begin/
    How early is early?

If you are fine with killing small children like the one in the first picture, then you are an animal, deserving of eternal damnation.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 11:07

God created us all, God has the right to do as He wishes.

You believe God is no different than us.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 11:57
    Originally posted by @eladar
    God created us all, God has the right to do as He wishes.

You believe God is no different than us.
    The point is, God 'should' be different from us, by His very definition as the moral law giver. The argument that God can 'do what he likes' with his own creation is probably the most repugnant put forward by some Christians. - I would have no objection to the statement 'God could if He so wished' kill Mr X (in the sense that an omnipotent deity would have the power to do so) but not with the statement that God 'is at liberty to kill Mr X while maintaining his status as the moral law giver.' The Christian position that it's okay for God to tell us not to kill, but morally at liberty to do so Himself' (not subject 'to His own' moral code) is bordering on the bizarre.

A God, worthy of worship, would instruct us to 'do as I do, not just do what I say.'
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 12:18
    The point is, God 'should' be different from us, by His very definition as the moral law giver. The argument that God can 'do what he likes' with his own creation is probably the most repugnant put forward by some Christians. - I would have no objection to the statement 'God could if He so wished' kill Mr X (in the sense that an omnipotent deity wou ...[text shortened]... izarre.

A God, worthy of worship, would instruct us to 'do as I do, not just do what I say.'
    The point is God by definition is different from us. You don't like the fact that you are not God.
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 12:51
    How early is early?

If you are fine with killing small children like the one in the first picture, then you are an animal, deserving of eternal damnation.
    I figure that when the brain kicks in, we got a kid. So, before the end of the first trimester.

Ideally, we should prevent unwanted pregnancies from occurring. Tell the churches that contraception is a good thing.
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 13:00
    The point is God by definition is different from us. You don't like the fact that you are not God.
    You are projecting, buddy. If you were charismatic you'd start a cult, but you aren't so you can't. We are spared from suffering another jones or koresh.
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 13:04
    ...God has the right to do as He wishes....
    Might makes right. Lousy morality and lousy apologetics.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 14:44
    How about you address the points made?

Why not explain why God operates outside of His own moral code? (As opposed to a reply of concentrated silliness).
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 15:26
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Might makes right. Lousy morality and lousy apologetics.
    Did I claim most people would like the truth?
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 15:27
    How about you address the points made?

Why not explain why God operates outside of His own moral code? (As opposed to a reply of concentrated silliness).
    You mean how you don't think it is right that you can't set the rules?
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 16:311 edit
    The point is, God 'should' be different from us, by His very definition as the moral law giver. The argument that God can 'do what he likes' with his own creation is probably the most repugnant put forward by some Christians. - I would have no objection to the statement 'God could if He so wished' kill Mr X (in the sense that an omnipotent deity wou ...[text shortened]... izarre.

You know what God should do?

That is good advice for parents not God!
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 17:02
    You mean how you don't think it is right that you can't set the rules?
    No. Again I ask:

Why not explain why God operates outside of His own moral code?
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    15 Aug '17 17:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You know what God should do?

That is good advice for parents not God!
    Where did I say I knew what God should do? I asked why He doesn't adhere to His own moral code (not mine) and behave as He tells us to behave? And why are you okay that He doesn't?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree