1. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 06:482 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your use of assertions and insults has not served you well, Dasa.

You need stories from the front line of the community. Enlightenment. Empowerment. Demands for justice. people hauling themselves out of the rat race. People coming to terms with the human condition. Real people. Real stories. Your religion's impact. Its influence. Its crucial contribution. Ane ion that passes this test 100%" etc. etc. hasn't worked. And most likely will never work.
    The acid test for true religion is there for all to witness..........and Christianity Islam Judaism and fmf,s mind map have all failed miserably.

I could quote many stories and personal testimonies from persons living the spiritual life- but it would all fall on deaf ears when persons continue to slaughter animals in the name of religion.

Besides.........there are thousands of personal testimonies from Christians, Jews, and Muslims who have come to God - but their testimonies are worthless for they all slaughter the wonderful creatures of Gods creation - so their stories are just that stories......and meaningless words.

This forum is not the place for intimate details of spirituality when all who come here support and defend killing.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 07:011 edit
    Originally posted by Dasa
    I could quote many stories and personal testimonies from persons living the spiritual life- but it would all fall on deaf ears when persons continue to slaughter animals in the name of religion.
    Perhaps it is your tendency to simply insult and assert that causes your religionist message to fall on deaf ears - and I note you appear to recognize that it does fall on deaf ears. I think you might have it all a bit back to front. Perhaps, if you cited real life stories and personal testimonies from people living what you believe is "the spiritual life" - create a picture of what your doctrine has got to offer in real life terms - then maybe people here would be a little bit more likely to engage you and the finer points of your dogma. Many people here are not vegetarians, Dasa, so perhaps you need to put that personal lifestyle choice of yours to one side and not let it be the deal breaker you always make it out to be. If you only want to talk about spiritual matters with vegetarians, perhaps you should seek out a forum for vegetarians. Just an idea.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 07:061 edit
    there are thousands of personal testimonies from Christians, Jews, and Muslims who have come to God - but their testimonies are worthless for they all slaughter the wonderful creatures of Gods creation - so their stories are just that stories......and meaningless words.
    The words "worthless" and "meaningless" are deeply subjective, Dasa. Others could just as easily brandish this kind of vocabulary when responding to your long posts about the Vedas. In fact some do, from time to time. Simply bludgeoning spiritual people who happen to have a different belief system from you with these kinds of words is unlikely to succeed in persuading or engaging anyone in a discussion.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 07:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    The words "worthless" and "meaningless" are deeply subjective, Dasa. Others could just as easily brandish this kind of vocabulary when responding to your long posts about the Vedas. In fact some do, from time to time. Simply bludgeoning spiritual people who happen to have a different belief system from you with these kinds of words is unlikely to succeed in persuading or engaging anyone in a discussion.
    Except for you.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 08:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Except for you.
    I'm just trying to get him to engage seeing as he seems to want to stay here - despite the way his chosen approach has let him and his message down so badly.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 10:591 edit
    The acid test for true religion is there for all to witness..........and Christianity Islam Judaism and fmf,s mind map have all failed miserably.
    I'd be interested to understand your definition of "failing miserably" and if you would aply the definition to your attempts in this forum to propagate your own views?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 12:06
    [evidence of my religion's application to real life] would all fall on deaf ears when persons continue to slaughter animals in the name of religion.
    To whom are you referring when you talk of people who "slaughter animals in the name of religion"?
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 12:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    To whom are you referring when you talk of people who "slaughter animals in the name of religion"?
    Perhaps he's referring to the ancient Greeks and Romans?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 16:48
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Perhaps he's referring to the ancient Greeks and Romans?
    Or the Neanderthals

http://archaeology.about.com/od/hominidancestors/a/neander_2.htm
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 18:13
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Or the Neanderthals

http://archaeology.about.com/od/hominidancestors/a/neander_2.htm
    You believe that neanderthals slaughtered animals in the name of religion?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    11 Dec '11 19:462 edits
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    You believe that neanderthals slaughtered animals in the name of religion?
    Maybe, if they ever existed.

P.S. If they did exist, they were probably German or British.
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 01:50
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What a waist of time this has been. When I first joined RHP and saw this spirituality forum I was excited to say the least. I have physical issues that keeps me from doing the door to door teaching work that the Witnesses look so forward to do with our own time and money. So I hoped just maybe I could do a little of this here and meet a few that might be ...[text shortened]... ry but you who are, know who you are. Learn to love and listen andyou'll enjoy your life more.
    In all fairness this is a chess site not G-75's pulpit to preach un-hindered without there being contending views. Atheist and agnostics and Christians and others. People don't all see the bible through your watch tower colored glasses so what? I wish and hope you well being as far as your health but this is a forum for debate most of the time and not an extension of the Watchtower

Manny
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 01:52
    What a waist of time this has been. When I first joined RHP and saw this spirituality forum I was excited to say the least. I have physical issues that keeps me from doing the door to door teaching work that the Witnesses look so forward to do with our own time and money. So I hoped just maybe I could do a little of this here and meet a few that might be ...[text shortened]... ry but you who are, know who you are. Learn to love and listen andyou'll enjoy your life more.
    Another one bites the dust.....
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 19:56
    Well I'm sure I'll be called a lier by a couple here and then it will be said that JW's are all liers now because I'm posting this but then I'd expect nothing less from the 3 or 4 here that have that mentality. Oh well I can't change that.
    But I've had a few really nice messages from some here with encouragment to take a little brake and to come back soon. And that has meant a lot to me as most here are decent people and to those I apologize for the comments I may have made to them that did not come out in such a kind way.
    Anyway I'm back but in a limited way. I need not answer every post I feel I should and for sure not to every post that is not truthful and of an unkind and argumentive type. So I hope all are doing fine and look forward to many kind and helpful discussions....
  15. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    12 Dec '11 20:48
    Well I'm sure I'll be called a lier by a couple here and then it will be said that JW's are all liers now because I'm posting this but then I'd expect nothing less from the 3 or 4 here that have that mentality. Oh well I can't change that.
    But I've had a few really nice messages from some here with encouragment to take a little brake and to come back s ...[text shortened]... . So I hope all are doing fine and look forward to many kind and helpful discussions....
    In all seriousness dude it's an chess site. you have to keep that in mind. I've said some stupid things to provoke is all. As I said to RC it's easy to sit here and launch cyber bombs at each other. Keep in mind however not too many will see things quite the same as you do or I for that matter. I am that nominal Christian that RC speaks of so sometimes I respond out of anger towards you guys is all. I really mean this from my heart you have to remember nothing in this world is 100% black and white. Keep in mind also that because others will see it differently you will never be able to convert people to the JW's maybe you just need to change your intent while in these forums. There are chat sites and the like were you could start a bible study there. How about your neighbors were you live? If someone does not convert don't just write them off they are still children of God.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree