My last posting............

My last posting............

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
What a waist of time this has been. When I first joined RHP and saw this spirituality forum I was excited to say the least. I have physical issues that keeps me from doing the door to door teaching work that the Witnesses look so forward to do with our own time and money. So I hoped just maybe I could do a little of this here and meet a few that might be ...[text shortened]... ry but you who are, know who you are. Learn to love and listen andyou'll enjoy your life more.
Stop being so soft for goodness sake, you gave as good as you got.

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
08 Dec 11

What a waist of time this has been. When I first joined RHP and saw this spirituality forum I was excited to say the least. I have physical issues that keeps me from doing the door to door teaching work that the Witnesses look so forward to do with our own time and money. So I hoped just maybe I could do a little of this here and meet a few that might be ...[text shortened]... ry but you who are, know who you are. Learn to love and listen andyou'll enjoy your life more.
Count yourself lucky. I have never attacked you, and I attack more than most when people get on my case. Stick around, as you never know what may come. 😉
As an earlier positive post said, post less often but post of your teachings an the elements they intend to teach, with some backed up analogies of course. That by far beats the tit-for-tat diffusion that goes and comes around here. More often than not here one just gets a 'good riddance'. I don't think you'd get that in this forum, as, despite the bickering, everybody here knows one is entitled to one's opinion, even if ludicrous. (And that's not aimed at ANYBODY all)!

It's 'waste' by the way, not 'waist', unless you wear a girdle.🙂

-m.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by JS357
Maybe you could try a different way. Once a week, tell a little story, exemplify a teaching, then reference a place people can go for more, and leave it at that. Don't get into dialogues on the hot button differences.
Well, I did narrate a lot of tales from Hindu spiritual thought treasure troves like the Upanishads,tales told by Ramakrishna Paramhans etc. I was ignored by most, ridiculed by some,understood and appreciated by very few. Even you, more sensitive than most, called my attempts to post the translations as equivalent to Aesop's fables. My only aim was to make RHP posters familiar with Hindu spiritual thought. Well, in retrospect, I wish I had stuck to chess.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Dec 11

We get more compassion from street corner people we talk to then most here by a long shot.
There are a number of reasons for that.
- on the internet (and in fact when using any communication other than face to face) people behave differently. In some cases, people get far more aggressive than they would in a face to face encounter.
- people who come here, mostly do so for the debate / conflict / argument / teasing / trolling or whatever you want to call it. I doubt that anyone comes here to listen to a preacher or get converted. The man on the street corner may also not be looking to be converted, but he didn't go there to pick a fight either.
- education does tend to make people more sure of them selves (arrogant perhaps?) and thus more educated people are less likely to simply assume that you can teach them and not the other way around.

It is interesting that your OP makes it look like you think you know more than everyone else and expected to come here to tell us all about it and was disappointed to find that nearly everyone else thinks they know more than you.
But when two people with opposing views think they are right, the best solution is reasoned discussion, then hopefully we can come to a consensus.

F

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Even [JS357], more sensitive than most, called my attempts to post the translations as equivalent to Aesop's fables.
I thought when JS357 compared your Hindu folk tales to Aesop's Fables, he was paying your tales a compliment. Perhaps you are underestimating how thought provoking and wise Aesop's Fables are, or overestimating how thought provoking and wise people think your Hindu folk tales are. It's interesting that you found JS357's comparison 'insensitive'.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Dec 11

Get a Pencil Full Of Lead and nothing 's gonna bring you down down;

Be well, Texan lad
😵

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

Well, I did narrate a lot of tales from Hindu spiritual thought treasure troves like the Upanishads,tales told by Ramakrishna Paramhans etc. I was ignored by most, ridiculed by some,understood and appreciated by very few. Even you, more sensitive than most, called my attempts to post the translations as equivalent to Aesop's fables. My only aim was to mak ...[text shortened]... osters familiar with Hindu spiritual thought. Well, in retrospect, I wish I had stuck to chess.
Just for the record, here is what I found that you and then I said:

"...With you people's permission, I will give extracts. I hope these will be read, even if not commented upon."

"Since you asked; I for one have no objection to your posting these things but I might not read them very assiduously. So far, they seem akin to Aesop's fables. No insult intended, I like Aesop's fables and think they offer good advice."

I've posted some Eastern or at least Eastern-style writing myself ("What took you so long" featuring Narada and Vishnu) twice, even though I know it might be regarded as spiritually useless by some on this forum. I hope you won't let my comment above be the tipping point for your participation.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Dec 11

I enjoyed debating you sorry to see you go.
Kelly

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
08 Dec 11

Just for the record, here is what I found that you and then I said:

"...With you people's permission, I will give extracts. I hope these will be read, even if not commented upon."

"Since you asked; I for one have no objection to your posting these things but I might not read them very assiduously. So far, they seem akin to Aesop's fables. No insult inten ...[text shortened]... m. I hope you won't let my comment above be the tipping point for your participation.
I am not a quitter in the sense I am afraid of the attacks-which were many a times personal- but I was depressed thinking that there appeared to be a yawning gap between the mindset of a Hindu theist like me and many other mindset types exhibited here. I often felt like that greek fable giant who was punished by gods to roll up a big rock up the hill top only to find it rolling down the other side of the peak. The thread is supposed to be a dialogue between curious and friendly people who may disagree without being disagreeable. Many a times it did not appear like that. May be I did not put my points across convincingly, but essentially spiritiualism or theism concerns our belief system, which may not be compressible within logical rigour. So the whole attempt was a " love's labour lost ". But like a tireless lover sitting on the road, near the beloved's house for a glimpse of that fair face, I too will go on posting till a kindred soul will react. I hasten to say that quite a few did react. God will be kind to them !

w

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

Maybe you could try a different way. Once a week, tell a little story, exemplify a teaching, then reference a place people can go for more, and leave it at that. Don't get into dialogues on the hot button differences.
Those who follow Christ have his example, and look what happened to him. All abandaoned him and he was nailed to a cross, and now some try to follow in his footsteps. LOL.

So what does this tell Whodey? It tells me that its not about intellect or even about being right, rather, its about the condition of our respective hearts and the myriad of hinderences that stand between us and God.

Moves
08 Dec 11

I am not a quitter in the sense I am afraid of the attacks-which were many a times personal- but I was depressed thinking that there appeared to be a yawning gap between the mindset of a Hindu theist like me and many other mindset types exhibited here. I often felt like that greek fable giant who was punished by gods to roll up a big rock up the hill top ...[text shortened]... dred soul will react. I hasten to say that quite a few did react. God will be kind to them !
I appreciate your comments. It is a good idea to occasionally step back and take stock of the level of discourse we are engaged in. It's too bad when this is triggered by someone's departure.

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

What a waist of time this has been. When I first joined RHP and saw this spirituality forum I was excited to say the least. I have physical issues that keeps me from doing the door to door teaching work that the Witnesses look so forward to do with our own time and money. So I hoped just maybe I could do a little of this here and meet a few that might be ry but you who are, know who you are. Learn to love and listen andyou'll enjoy your life more.
I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but the pair of you bring everything on yourselves (apart from the alleged rape or whatever it was).

You come to this forum as a member of an extreme religious organisation which claims to be God's sole voice on earth and to hold all truth and then you wonder why you get "attacked" for issues such as birthdays and blood transfusions - take a step back for a minute and think it through a little!

You are vulnerable and naive in the extreme; frankly your organisation should set you up with a clearer insight of what it means for a human being to have individual thought and freedom of expression before sending you out to prothletise.

Don't leave Galveston, just take a break and perhaps consider that the people you submit to as leaders just may - may not know it all.

All the best, in good faith.

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm sorry you feel the way you do, but the pair of you bring everything on yourselves (apart from the alleged rape or whatever it was).

You come to this forum as a member of an extreme religious organisation which claims to be God's sole voice on earth and to hold all truth and then you wonder why you get "attacked" for issues such as birthdays and bl le you submit to as leaders just may - may not know it all.

All the best, in good faith.
thanks but we do quite well without such advice, do i need to post the demographic
chart of our phenomenal success while the churches of Christendom are filled will
white haired old ladies or turned into Indian restaurants and night clubs, please dont
offer us any more advise on how to run our affairs, do yourself a favour.

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
thanks but we do quite well without such advice, do i need to post the demographic
chart of our phenomenal success while the churches of Christendom are filled will
white haired old ladies or turned into Indian restaurants and night clubs, please dont
offer us any more advise on how to run our affairs, do yourself a favour.
Hey, it's YOUR buddy who's leaving!

rc

Moves
08 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Hey, it's YOUR buddy who's leaving!
yes it is, no thanks to you wolves in sheep's clothing!