My last posting............

My last posting............

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by galveston75
IF Jesus were to come back I wonder what he would look like and if anyone would know who he would be if he didn't anounce it? How would we know if we just told him off or made him mad and said to get out?
He will be coming back and He will be seen by every eye and all of the angels of God will be with him. In his glorified state with eyes like flames of fire and blazing white light. We can argue all you want but this is what I believe

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Dec 11

Of course that Joan Osborne song comes to mind.

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by menace71
He will be coming back and He will be seen by every eye and all of the angels of God will be with him. In his glorified state with eyes like flames of fire and blazing white light. We can argue all you want but this is what I believe

Manny
Nope I've stopped arguing here with anyone... but you get my point of the question I was asking.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Dec 11

Thanks for your comment but I know I'm not being attacked personally. But I do believe very much in my faith and what we believe and I would fight to the death for it.
So I do get defensive of it when ones here condemn it and are usually not right in what they say. I'm not in the least bit brainwashed and the Watchtower Society does not brainwash anyon ...[text shortened]... in todays world, that would imply that this scripture would not apply to them. Why not?
My point is not about doctrinal brainwashing, it is about you playing the 'victim' in this leaving drama. It is another symptom of your belief that you and other JWs are persecuted for your faith rather than just being agrued with, as everyone else here at rhp is from time to time.

The right to feel "persecuted" by particular circumstances or people is a mind-set that springs from the inner belief that ones postion of faith is the only true position and that therefore, as the holders of God's truth, you will be persecuted for it.

Your posts (and robbies to a lesser extent) are often exhibiting this tone of victimisation - it is a phychological defense mechanism for managing attacks on ones faith and is reinforced by strongly exclusive religious groups who build the culture of religious victimisation in order to support the membership in thier day to day adversity when claiming thier claims.

You are not being persecuted Galveston and any feeling of victimisation you may be experiencing is not evidence that you are God's chosen ones. It's just a feeling.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
My point is not about doctrinal brainwashing, it is about you playing the 'victim' in this leaving drama. It is another symptom of your belief that you and other JWs are persecuted for your faith rather than just being agrued with, as everyone else here at rhp is from time to time.

The right to feel "persecuted" by particular circumstances or people ...[text shortened]... may be experiencing is not evidence that you are God's chosen ones. It's just a feeling.
I'll add to this.

The world of internet forums is akin to a mirror, what you give out is reflected back at you. If you're a mild mannered person who is always polite and respectful, like Conrau for instance, you get that back in return. If you're a tad rumbumptious like Rob for instance you get that back in return.

The reason you get the slack you do isn't because you're being persecuted for your faith as divegeester alluded to, it's because of your internet persona. As i've told you many times, you have a nasty habit of being extremely condescending and patronising and people don't like that. You seem to do it without even recognising your doing it, and therein lies the problem. Your basically offending people and rubbing them up the wrong way and not realising your doing it, consequently people get short with and lose their temper and you don't understand why, hence you think your the victim.

Just to add this is a general view and obviously doesn't ring true in every instance, sometimes some people are just rude and offensive for no reason. But as the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester

The right to feel "persecuted" by particular circumstances or people ...[text shortened]... may be experiencing is not evidence that you are God's chosen ones. It's just a feeling.
Well as I just posted I'm not going to be caught up in any arguing here anymore and this subject has been discussed more then once and we know what the facts are and those have been well documented as far as the persecution aspect of JW's history.
I respect your view and will leave it at that.

F

Moves
13 Dec 11

...we know what the facts are and those have been well documented as far as the persecution aspect of JW's history.
The fact that JWs, , for instance, were murdered in concentration camps, for being who they were [alongside Jews, homosexuals, gypsies, leftists etc.] does not mean that you too are suffering "persecution" here when people disagree with you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'll add to this.

The world of internet forums is akin to a mirror, what you give out is reflected back at you. If you're a mild mannered person who is always polite and respectful, like Conrau for instance, you get that back in return. If you're a tad rumbumptious like Rob for instance you get that back in return.

The reason you get the slack you ...[text shortened]... offensive for no reason. But as the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.
Thanks for the comment and if I have done this I apologize to all. I never meant to do that and will try very much to not come accross with that impression.
If I have it's only because I feel very fortunent to be a part of this organization as I truly feel that it is one that God does approve and directs.
I'm very proud to have the chance to be a member in it and have had the blessing to have been used by God to help others that were looking for answers to the worlds problems in their Bible.
For example most believe and were taught by their religion that any loved ones that died could possibly be in a burning hell if they hadn't been a religious person before their death.
But the Bible simply doesn't teach that and without someone to show them those scriptures, they would never know it isn't true. And once they finally see the truth and then learn their old churches taught them wrong, the relief they experiance is worth all the time and effort spent showing them the truths in the Bible.
So yes I'm proud and very happy that I'm a JW and will defend it and even brag if it comes over that way.
But again it's not meant to condemn others and if it came over that way I apologize to all..........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
The fact that JWs, , for instance, were murdered in concentration camps, for being who they were [alongside Jews, homosexuals, gypsies, leftists etc.] does not mean that you too are suffering "persecution" here when people disagree with you.
I agree......

Z

Moves
13 Dec 11

I agree......
so is this the last posting?

F

Moves
13 Dec 11

I agree......
Then you should surely be a least a little bit uncomfortable about citing "the facts [that] have been well documented as far as the persecution aspect of JW's history" in the context of you storming off a forum because you are frustrated with people disagreeing with you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
13 Dec 11
1 edit

Well as I just posted I'm not going to be caught up in any arguing here anymore and this subject has been discussed more then once and we know what the facts are and those have been well documented as far as the persecution aspect of JW's history.
I respect your view and will leave it at that.
[edit - these days] JWs are not persecuted because they are JWs nor because of the name of their religion or their god. JW's get stick for being frankly annoying; for claiming to hold the whole truth exclusively, for preaching crazy doctrines which impact lives (such as blood transfusions and preventing children enjoying birthdays and Christmas) and also probably for booting people out if they don't measure up.

Mormons seem to get less stick because although their religion is even more off piste than the JWs, they are less annoying and less publicly scary with their doctrines (some of which are more akin to science fiction than religion).

The only thing Christians are said in the Bible to be persecuted for is upholding the name and deity of Jesus Christ- not for wearing dodgy sandals or singing in the park or clapping too loudly or even going door to door.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I'll add to this.

The reason you get the slack you ...[text shortened]... offensive for no reason. But as the saying goes, where there's smoke, there's fire.
a tad rumbumptious?, is that like a pirate of the high seas!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 11
1 edit

Thanks for the comment and if I have done this I apologize to all. I never meant to do that and will try very much to not come accross with that impression.
If I have it's only because I feel very fortunent to be a part of this organization as I truly feel that it is one that God does approve and directs.
I'm very proud to have the chance to be a m 's not meant to condemn others and if it came over that way I apologize to all..........
Galveston, you cannot change and you never will change. You are one of the the JWs who are so brainwashed that you don't even know right from wrong anymore.

Part of the brainwashing which JWs go through is that they are told that they are the spiritual teachers of the world and they have to teach ... not listen. You cannot allow others to teach. You are taught that the world is wrong and you are right and that you must teach. That is the source of your problem.

This post is an excellent example that ... here is what you said :

- apology for being arrogant and promise not to do it and you will try ... but then :
- God approves and directs the JWs - arrogance
- You are very proud to be a JW - more arrogance
- Your interpretation of hell is correct and everyone else is wrong - more arrogance
- You are very proud to be a JW again and you will brag - more arrogance
- But its not meant to condemn - but you did condemn in your entire post.
- another apology - yeah we are that stupid to believe you ...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
13 Dec 11

One differance and a glaring one is the Watchtower Society has never said we are perfect and that we have been told by God that this year or that year is the end of the world and that it's members have to give all their money and belongings to the church or to a leader of the church.
There are very clear signs as to what a cult is and to what a false ...[text shortened]... nderstanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)”—February 15, 1981, page 19 Awake.
Yes, but when we show you from the scriptures were they are wrong you
still believe them. If that is not brainwashing, what is it?