My last posting............

My last posting............

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by menace71
In all seriousness dude it's an chess site. you have to keep that in mind. I've said some stupid things to provoke is all. As I said to RC it's easy to sit here and launch cyber bombs at each other. Keep in mind however not too many will see things quite the same as you do or I for that matter. I am that nominal Christian that RC speaks of so sometimes I re someone does not convert don't just write them off they are still children of God.

Manny
Yes you are right on a few points. I know most here will not agree and even a few will get mad at our comments. I wish it were not that way but that's life. And in fact most that we meet at the doors are the same way. Most or somewhat polite and then you have the few that are rude and would prefer we never come back or given the chance would like to do worse.
So yes I have to accept that the worse can happen here too. I've been nieve to think it wouldn't but I still hope that someone in the back ground that is looking for what we call the truth will see the post and will want to listen the next time we knock on their door. We start bible studies daily from ones that have come into contact with something we've said or from one of our magazines or tracts that we've left somewhere.
So it's clear that you and most here do not want our teachings and that is fine. God allows us to choose what we do and don't do.
So it's all cool and I hope that peace will be with you and you find what will make you happy in a spiritual way....

rc

Moves
12 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Yes you are right on a few points. I know most here will not agree and even a few will get mad at our comments. I wish it were not that way but that's life. And in fact most that we meet at the doors are the same way. Most or somewhat polite and then you have the few that are rude and would prefer we never come back or given the chance would like to do w that peace will be with you and you find what will make you happy in a spiritual way....
dude two beautiful sisters came into his shop and offered him a FREE magazine on
how to avoid catastrophe in his car and he was not moved to take it, if Jesus himself
were to appear i doubt the menace would have been moved! 'Nah sorry Jesus., we
dont allow that stuff in our shop' ! πŸ˜›

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
dude two beautiful sisters came into his shop and offered him a FREE magazine on
how to avoid catastrophe in his car and he was not moved to take it, if Jesus himself
IF Jesus were to come back I wonder what he would look like and if anyone would know who he would be if he didn't anounce it? How would we know if we just told him off or made him mad and said to get out?

rc

Moves
12 Dec 11

IF Jesus were to come back I wonder what he would look like and if anyone would know who he would be if he didn't anounce it? How would we know if we just told him off or made him mad and said to get out?
yes it an interesting point, i used to wonder that myself, like imagine if Jesus came
back incognito, how would i treat him.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Dec 11
1 edit

yes it an interesting point, i used to wonder that myself, like imagine if Jesus came
back incognito, how would i treat him.
Or if it was an angel trying to tell us something....

Acts 12:7-11
Common English Bible (CEB)

7 Suddenly an angel from the Lord appeared and a light shone in the prison cell. After nudging Peter on his side to awaken him, the angel raised him up and said, “Quick! Get up!” The chains fell from his wrists. 8 The angel continued, “Get dressed. Put on your sandals.” Peter did as he was told. The angel said, “Put on your coat and follow me.” 9 Following the angel, Peter left the prison. However, he didn’t realize the angel had actually done all this. He thought he was seeing a vision. 10 They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself. After leaving the prison, they proceeded the length of one street, when abruptly the angel was gone.

11 At that, Peter came to his senses and remarked, “Now I’m certain that the Lord sent his angel and rescued me from Herod and from everything the Jewish people expected.”

This is one of many examples in the Bible of angels being sent by God to give warnings, etc.
Nothing in the Bible says this still can't be happening today. I would think we should all be careful how we treat anyone in not knowing who they might be.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Dec 11

If Christ came back Im sure he wont be distributing Watch Tower publications - worldly magazines written by false prophets. Christ specifically told us to beware of false prophets. Do you think that Christ would approach someone peddling the Penthouse magazine ? Well its the same thing.

Christ is more likely to approach you posing as a hungry beggar to see your reaction. Most would chase him away. I hope you are not in that category.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
12 Dec 11

Yes you are right on a few points. I know most here will not agree and even a few will get mad at our comments. I wish it were not that way but that's life. And in fact most that we meet at the doors are the same way. Most or somewhat polite and then you have the few that are rude and would prefer we never come back or given the chance would like to do w ...[text shortened]... that peace will be with you and you find what will make you happy in a spiritual way....
I'm very pleased you are still here Galveston, I enjoy our exchanges - all of them and I consider you an online friend (such as those things are).

But as I've said many times before, you are NOT being 'persecuted' here for what you (JWs) believe i.e that you are the chosen ones. To think such a thing is a symptom of cultish manipulation.

Christians are persecued for one thing only, the name of Jesus and who he is.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
If Christ came back Im sure he wont be distributing Watch Tower publications - worldly magazines written by false prophets. Christ specifically told us to beware of false prophets. Do you think that Christ would approach someone peddling the Penthouse magazine ? Well its the same thing.

Christ is more likely to approach you posing as a hungry beggar to see your reaction. Most would chase him away. I hope you are not in that category.
who asked you? nobody, so shut up a yo face.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 11

who asked you? nobody, so shut up a yo face.
Truth offends.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 11
3 edits

Truth offends.
whut? I wasn't offended, i just think your a bozo, no offence intended. As for Christ's
words, we know that false prophets are identified by their fruits and what fruits has
Christendom produced, a loving peaceful brotherhood? or wolves in sheep's clothing
intent to do just as you are doing, tearing down another's faith? yes indeed, by their
fruits you will recognise those men.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm very pleased you are still here Galveston, I enjoy our exchanges - all of them and I consider you an online friend (such as those things are).

But as I've said many times before, you are NOT being 'persecuted' here for what you (JWs) believe i.e that you are the chosen ones. To think such a thing is a symptom of cultish manipulation.

Christians are persecued for one thing only, the name of Jesus and who he is.
Thanks for your comment but I know I'm not being attacked personally. But I do believe very much in my faith and what we believe and I would fight to the death for it.
So I do get defensive of it when ones here condemn it and are usually not right in what they say. I'm not in the least bit brainwashed and the Watchtower Society does not brainwash anyone. If they did I would have nothing to do with it, period.
And we do know who Jesus is and what he means to all of mankind and he wil be extremely instramental in judging who lives or dies in the future. But the Bible makes it clear that "only he that calls on the name of God will be saved". Jesus is not God. Jesus is the "son of God" and we do get persecuted for what Jesus taught and what he tells us to teach. We don't like it but yet it makes us happy as we know what that means.
One posting a few days ago asked why family members would be at odds with each other because of the Bible. Maybe it's because ones of some families would be different in their beliefs.
If ones religion is greatly accepted in todays world, that would imply that this scripture would not apply to them. Why not?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Dec 11

whut? I wasn't offended, i just think your a bozo, no offence intended. As for Christ's
words, we know that false prophets are identified by their fruits and what fruits has
Christendom produced, a loving peaceful brotherhood? or wolves in sheep's clothing
intent to do just as you are doing, tearing down another's faith? yes indeed, by their
fruits you will recognise those men.
False prophets are identified by their false prophesies.

rc

Moves
13 Dec 11
6 edits

False prophets are identified by their false prophesies.
really, why does Jesus say 'by their fruits', you will recognise those men? either Jesus
doesn't know what he is talking about then or more likely you dont.

“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but
inside they are ravenous wolves.  By their fruits you will recognize them. Never
do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?  Likewise every
good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit;  a good
tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit.  Every
tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by
their fruits you will recognize those [men].

mmm, clearly your words are not those as espoused by Jesus, for he states by their
fruits, you will recognise those men
, in fact he goes even further and states they
are like ravenous wolves, i wonder why? mmm.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Dec 11

really, why does Jesus say [b]'by their fruits', you will recognise those men? either Jesus
doesn't know what he is talking about then or more likely you dont.

“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but
inside they are ravenous wolves.  By their fruits you will recognize them. Never
do peopl ...[text shortened]... ct he goes even further and states they
are like ravenous wolves, i wonder why? mmm.[/b]
Jeremiah 14:14
Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds.

You both are right and fighting over what?
Kelly

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Dec 11

One differance and a glaring one is the Watchtower Society has never said we are perfect and that we have been told by God that this year or that year is the end of the world and that it's members have to give all their money and belongings to the church or to a leader of the church.
There are very clear signs as to what a cult is and to what a false prophet is. The decitful and secretive traits are clearly known in society. We hide nothing and the doors to every Kindom Hall is open for anyone to enter and see and judge for themsleves.

"Jehovah’s Witnesses, in their eagerness for Jesus’ second coming, have suggested dates that turned out to be incorrect. Because of this, some have called them false prophets. Never in these instances, however, did they presume to originate predictions ‘in the name of Jehovah.’ Never did they say, ‘These are the words of Jehovah.’ The Watchtower, the official journal of Jehovah’s Witnesses, has said: “We have not the gift of prophecy.” (January 1883, page 425) “Nor would we have our writings reverenced or regarded as infallible.” (December 15, 1896, page 306) The Watchtower has also said that the fact that some have Jehovah’s spirit “does not mean those now serving as Jehovah’s witnesses are inspired. It does not mean that the writings in this magazine The Watchtower are inspired and infallible and without mistakes.” (May 15, 1947, page 157) “The Watchtower does not claim to be inspired in its utterances, nor is it dogmatic.” (August 15, 1950, page 263) “The brothers preparing these publications are not infallible. Their writings are not inspired as are those of Paul and the other Bible writers. (2 Tim. 3:16) And so, at times, it has been necessary, as understanding became clearer, to correct views. (Prov. 4:18)”—February 15, 1981, page 19 Awake.