Mystery of the Woman and the Beast of Rev. 17

Mystery of the Woman and the Beast of Rev. 17

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]The Roman Catholic Church which fornicated with Rome (Constantine) has since spawned all the denominations of the Christian world which we see today. They are her daughters, all of whom fornicate with the state and with capitalism.

Interesting but not true. The Orthodox and Oriental churches are equally old as the Roman Catholic Church. They are n ...[text shortened]... spouse Monophysism and Nestorianism, indicating a very early split from mainstream Christianity.[/b]
Thanks for that - I'll try to get time to look into this.

However consider that Mystery Babylon is a spiritual phenomenon as well as a temporal one. I'm not saying the RCC is the root of all evil or attacking it per se; it's just the earliest (or at least the most significant) manifestation of the Babylonian church system.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by divegeester
Thanks for that - I'll try to get time to look into this.

However consider that Mystery Babylon is a spiritual phenomenon as well as a temporal one. I'm not saying the RCC is the root of all evil or attacking it per se; it's just the earliest (or at least the most significant) manifestation of the Babylonian church system.
Ok, for what it's worth, the Orthodox churches have traditionally been much more dependent on temporal power. For example, only the Byzantine emperor could invoke a church council. The bishops could not meet without imperial approbation.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
That's exactly right. It will come "as a thief in the night".

Christians who have wisdom will be ready.
Only christians will be ready? How do you know that?

I'm ready

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Only christians will be ready? How do you know that?

I'm ready
Are you ready? Read this and see if you are part of any of the 'evil' described here. Even those who make adverse statements about God will be punnished :

Jude 1:3-15 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not. And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.

Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves. Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.

These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints, To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

s

England

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
That's exactly right. It will come "as a thief in the night".

Christians who have wisdom will be ready.
he also mentioned will he find faith,
and remember the lambs will ask when did we do this, not so much the christians only

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by Conrau K
[b]The Roman Catholic Church which fornicated with Rome (Constantine) has since spawned all the denominations of the Christian world which we see today. They are her daughters, all of whom fornicate with the state and with capitalism.

Interesting but not true. The Orthodox and Oriental churches are equally old as the Roman Catholic Church. They are n ...[text shortened]... spouse Monophysism and Nestorianism, indicating a very early split from mainstream Christianity.[/b]
It was the orthodox Asian churches that Jesus cared to give advice to in the
Book of Revelatiom. Why not to any of the apostate Churches located in the
west?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Are you ready? Read this and see if you are part of any of the 'evil' described here. Even those who make adverse statements about God will be punnished :

Jude 1:3-15 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith whi ...[text shortened]... committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
I would also like to point that for those who think that the the Lord Jesus
is the glorified angel Michael that here we see them spoken of as
different persons.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Nov 11
1 edit

Jude 1:3-15 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith whi ...[text shortened]... committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Thats a very confusing little piece you inserted there.
What's Sodom and Gomorrha got to do with it? Could you please explain that bit?

"Even those who make adverse statements about God will be punished". Clearly you think I make adverse statements about God. This is ridiculous. This is the sort of stuff that makes ignorant people fearful for no justifiable reason.
I said I was ready because of the r'ship I have with God/universe.
The bible and God agree with me (upto a point), and I know that the only sin I do is that which I cannot help at this stage. (I have my own techniques for overcoming sin)
Also I think some sins are worse than others.
How silly of me to think that you may have responded off your own bat. You just had to throw in some scripture there didn't you, some scripture that was really just a bit of wish wash fear mongering. (I'll read it again just to make sure)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
I would also like to point that for those who think that the the Lord Jesus
is the glorified angel Michael that here we see them spoken of as
different persons.
Good Point.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Nov 11

(Upon a second and third reading), I would like to know which of these ungodly acts I have been guilty of. I wont get nit-picky, just give me a general gist.

Also, how can I come to know God without using "His" name?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Nov 11

Originally posted by stoker
he also mentioned will he find faith,
and remember the lambs will ask when did we do this, not so much the christians only
??????

The lambs?
Can you clarify? Who are the lambs and who are the christians?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 11

Thats a very confusing little piece you inserted there.
What's Sodom and Gomorrha got to do with it? Could you please explain that bit?

"Even those who make adverse statements about God will be punished". Clearly you think I make adverse statements about God. This is ridiculous. This is the sort of stuff that makes ignorant people fearful for no jus ...[text shortened]... was really just a bit of wish wash fear mongering. (I'll read it again just to make sure)
Sodom and Gomorrah were sinful cities and they suffered the vengance of eternal fire. That means they were destroyed permanently and never rebuilt.

Fear .. is a good thing. Condemning Christians who simply repeat what the Bible has with regard to homosexuality is condemning God indirectly.

God and the universe are two different things. Are you still going on about God being the universe?

Scripture is what teaches you right from wrong.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 11

(Upon a second and third reading), I would like to know which of these ungodly acts I have been guilty of. I wont get nit-picky, just give me a general gist.

Also, how can I come to know God without using "His" name?
I dont know what you are guilty of. That is between you and God. But supporting homosexuality is encouraging others to pursue gay lifestyles, which is clearly wrong.

The is only one God. The God of Israel which I already told you about.

Jeremiah 10:10 But the LORD is the true God, he is the living God, and an everlasting king: at his wrath the earth shall tremble, and the nations shall not be able to abide his indignation.

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

1John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

How you get to know God is up to you. I guess you can start by reading the Bible, particularly the New Testament.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Nov 11
2 edits

Sodom and Gomorrah were sinful cities and they suffered the vengance of eternal fire. That means they were destroyed permanently and never rebuilt.

Fear .. is a good thing. Condemning Christians who simply repeat what the Bible has with regard to homosexuality is condemning God indirectly.

God and the universe are two different things. Are you still going on about God being the universe?

Scripture is what teaches you right from wrong.
I still dont see how the Sodom and Gommorrah example has any relevance here, but I can let that go unless you have something further to add.

Fear is not a good thing in general but it can be a good thing to reveal to yourself your own prejudices. (Ideally we shouldn't fear anything and if we do, later it often turns out to be symptomatic of our own prejudices). Fear reminds us that there is a separation between us and God. "Feel the fear and do it anyway" is a great book title and a great motto to live your life by. (You may want to interpret this in the wrong way, it's upto you. I would be happy to further clarify this point if you are not clear on it).

Condemning christians is not condemning God. Doesn't matter how many times bible,(or any other books'😉, quotes are repeated- it still does not make them valid.
I still cant see any difference (morally) between homo and hetero. After all those posts on the homo thread I am even MORE convinced that homosexuals are vilified for no justifiable reason. (As has been pointed out that there are many things in the bible which are not practiced today (common sense) such as women having to have short hair and other such nonsenses. Homosexuality falls into this group of nonsense.

The biblical god is NOT different from the universe,(this is where our opinions take a huge diversion).
To me God is all, the everything, and in this sense "He" does not exist as "he" couldn't be separate from "His" creation.
To see god as an entity unto itself is misunderstanding God. Everything is God,even the things we cant see or know about. Is anything not God (with a big "g" )?

Scripture is not the only thing that teaches us right from wrong, in fact it is our own inner conciences that teach us first and foremostly. Books and scriptures only back up what we should already know ourselves with our inbuilt "BS detectors"(for want of a better analogy).
Surely you can see many people from different faiths as well as atheists understand and practice "chirstian principles" without having ever studied the bible (or hearing about it form other sources)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Nov 11

I still dont see how the Sodom and Gommorrah example has any relevance here, but I can let that go unless you have something further to add.

Fear is not a good thing in general but it can be a good thing to reveal to yourself your own prejudices. (Ideally we shouldn't fear anything and if we do, later it often turns out to be symptomatic of our own p ...[text shortened]... ithout having ever studied the bible (or hearing about it form other sources)
That passage I quoted from Jude, is about judgment day. Sodom and Gomorrah had their judgment day. They were two evil cities becuase of their fornication and homosexuality and other sins which you claim does not hurt anyone else. So thats the link between S&G and the return of Christ.

It is clear that what God calls a sin is different from what you call a sin. To me that says it all. Your beliefs are not in line with the teachings of the Christian God.

And that is fine, but like I keep saying, why do you want Christians to think like you do? You have your concept of God and Christians have theirs. Maybe the two are not compatible.