Yep sorry my bad.
    Kelly
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '14 04:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wait, so we agree death is natural? You asked "Is death a natural part of life in your opinion?" but it's also natural in your opinion, so why not ask me the question you are really getting at because the already answered "death happens at all ages for a variety of reasons correct?" can't be what you are really on about. 🙂
    No, I'm going on about how you agree its a natrual thing at all ages.
    The nature of man and life as we know it has a beginning and a end.
    Do you feel that we owe that to anyone?
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 04:35
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No, I'm going on about how you agree its a natrual thing at all ages.
    The nature of man and life as we know it has a beginning and a end.

"Owe"? Owe in what sense?

"Owe that"? What is "that"?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '14 05:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Do you feel that we owe that to anyone?

"Owe"? Owe in what sense?

"Owe that"? What is "that"?[/b]
    Do you believe you have anyone to thank for your life and those you love
    around you?
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 06:12
    Do you believe you have anyone to thank for your life and those you love
    around you?
    Not in the way you do. I am not religious. I love those around me and I am thankful for their love. I am also thankful to any people beyond my family and friends who contribute positively to my life and I try my best to be positive towards them even when they are not thankful.

I ask this without rancour: if you're simply not going to answer those Noah questions I posed, does this mean you're trying to derail this thread or has it slipped your mind that you could have set off on this tangent on a new thread?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '14 06:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    Not in the way you do. I am not religious. I love those around me and I am thankful for their love. I am also thankful to any people beyond my family and friends who contribute positively to my life and I try my best to be positive towards them even when they are not thankful.

I ask this without rancour: if you're simply not going to answer those Noah questio ...[text shortened]... thread or has it slipped your mind that you could have set off on this tangent on a new thread?
    I'll start a new thread, not trying to mess with this one.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 06:371 edit
    I'll start a new thread, not trying to mess with this one.
    Kelly
    So you are not going to answer those Noah questions I posed? 🙂
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 May '14 07:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    So you are not going to answer those Noah questions I posed? 🙂
    no
    Kelly
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '14 07:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have answered. I have freed myself from something limiting and convoluted which has made me more healthy, intellectually and spiritually. How can you not see that this is to have profited? What logical fallacy are you referring to?
    you have no more answered the question than before. You were not asked if you have been freed from religious dogma, or some kind of imaginary intellectual restraint, you were asked how you have profited from rejecting the Christ. Indeed you seem to be harboring some delusion that religious dogma is synonymous with the teachings of Christ, when in fact, its can be shown in many instances to be quite the opposite and there is no valid nor rational reason why embracing the teachings of Jesus should limit anyones intellectual curiosity for the scriptures encourage discernment and thinking ability.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 08:27
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    you have no more answered the question than before. You were not asked if you have been freed from religious dogma, or some kind of imaginary intellectual restraint, you were asked how you have profited from rejecting the Christ. Indeed you seem to be harboring some delusion that religious dogma is synonymous with the teachings of Christ, when in f ...[text shortened]... it anyones intellectual curiosity for the scriptures encourage discernment and thinking ability.
    Well I answered your question. If you think I have "no valid or rational reason" for being an ex-Christian then that's OK by me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '14 08:34
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well I answered your question. If you think I have "no valid or rational reason" for being an ex-Christian then that's OK by me.
    and yet we are still unaware of how you have meant to have profited by your rejection of Jesus, nor does there seem any rational basis for doing so.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 08:37
    and yet we are still unaware of how you have meant to have profited by your rejection of Jesus, nor does there seem any rational basis for doing so.
    I have already told you how I have profited. If you happen to think there is "no rational basis" for what I did, it doesn't matter to me,as I am sure you will understand.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '14 08:55
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have already told you how I have profited. If you happen to think there is "no rational basis" for what I did, it doesn't matter to me,as I am sure you will understand.
    no you have stated in reply to a question about Jesus with a completely unrelated answer about religious dogma and it leads to the rather disturbing reason of why you think the teachings of Jesus are the synonymous with religious dogma, for to any rational person looking at it logically, they are not one and the same thing. You answered that you have found some kind of intellectual freedom but cannot tell us how the teaching of Christ manages to constrain a persons intellectual curiosity and lastly you finish off with another irrelevancy for you are not being asked whether it matters to you??? all in all it amounts to some rather incoherent babbling which if its all you have to offer then its all you have to offer.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 May '14 09:01
    no you have stated in reply to a question about Jesus with a completely unrelated answer about religious dogma and it leads to the rather disturbing reason of why you think the teachings of Jesus are the synonymous with religious dogma, for to any rational person looking at it logically, they are not one and the same thing. You answered that you hav ...[text shortened]... me rather incoherent babbling which if its all you have to offer then its all you have to offer.
    How I have benefited from moving on from Christianity is not linked in any way whatsoever to whether or not you understand or accept how or why I have benefited from moving on from Christianity.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '14 11:59
    Originally posted by FMF
    How I have benefited from moving on from Christianity is not linked in any way whatsoever to whether or not you understand or accept how or why I have benefited from moving on from Christianity.
    Another illogical and irrational slice of babble. Its not about me nor my understanding. Whats its actually about is whether anyone has benefited from rejecting the Christ and as you cannot say why rejecting Jesus may be construed as beneficial or why adhering to the teaching of the Christ is intellectually limiting we shall just have to leave it at that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree