1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 05:33
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    My God can not be a hypothetical god, because my God is the Creator of the
    universe. Who else could have created it?
    Steve created it, he really is very talented.

Sorry to break it to you...your God is the figment of some scared little supestitous minds that couldnt understand what was happening around them a few years ago. Borrowing myths from earlier creation stories they concocted the one you believe is true.

It is just a shame that so many people have been sucked in by it. Hard to fathom how in todays day and age there are so many that swallow such a ridiculous story.

If they served this up as a movie it would be panned by the critics and the public.
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 08:57
    My God can not be a hypothetical god, because my God is the Creator of the
    universe. Who else could have created it?
    are you being stubborn on purpose? do you know what hypothetical means? im sure you do so why dont you have another go at answering the question.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 10:23
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you being stubborn on purpose? do you know what hypothetical means? im sure you do so why dont you have another go at answering the question.
    You apparently don't understand that any hypothetical god you imagine
    is a different god than my God. No one is capable of judging the real God.
    That is the answer to your question.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 14:05
    You apparently don't understand that any hypothetical god you imagine
    is a different god than my God. No one is capable of judging the real God.
    That is the answer to your question.
    read the question again, then read what you have just written. try to think about the simple question. do it again a few times until you understand what ive written. then answer this question

give me an example from my question where i state the hypothetical god is the same as your god?

now try again - if hypothetically god was evil, would you judge him?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 19:461 edit
    read the question again, then read what you have just written. try to think about the simple question. do it again a few times until you understand what ive written. then answer this question

give me an example from my question where i state the hypothetical god is the same as your god?

now try again - if hypothetically god was evil, would you judge him?
    I would sign up for jury duty. 😏

P.S. I must clarify that the hypothetical god is not my God.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Mar '12 20:241 edit
    I would sign up for jury duty. 😏

P.S. I must clarify that the hypothetical god is not my God.
    thank you, as my hypothetical god as my witness i here by accept that the hypothetical god you referred to in your answer is not your god.

but the only difference between the two is one is bad and one is good and being "good" or "bad" is a subjective thing, it is impossible for something to be universally "good" and for all their actions to be "good" because it all depends on where you are standing from, where im standing your god is not "good". if my hypothetical god was real and he loved everybody and just hated christians then for me thats better than a god that hates everybody and just loves christians. my god would see more people go to heaven, lesser of two evils you might say. so i could call my god "good" because in relation to yours he would be (imo) and you would think he was "bad" because he punishes christians.
    so from that you would have to accept that your god is not 100% good he is just good in your opinion..........and if you do that you have then judged him.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 03:50
    so because we failed one thing we have got what we deserved? id hate to see how you treat your children if you think gods actions are just.

as far as im aware the big picture is for some people to live in jerusalem with god for eternity, ruling. funny that god has these somewhat limited human type thoughts about how he wants to spend his time. for s ...[text shortened]... thanked for all the good in the world but never blamed for the bad. its either both or neither.
    You seem to have missed my question to you. Here it is again....

But he's not, so no sense in pondering that one... We should be concerned on his judging us.
    So since you seem to think he's done it all wrong, what would you have done differently?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 06:031 edit
    thank you, as my hypothetical god as my witness i here by accept that the hypothetical god you referred to in your answer is not your god.

but the only difference between the two is one is bad and one is good and being "good" or "bad" is a subjective thing, it is impossible for something to be universally "good" and for all their actions to be "good" is just good in your opinion..........and if you do that you have then judged him.
    Christ said that only God is good. 😏

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
    whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    (John 3:16 NKJV)
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 09:44
    Originally posted by galveston75
    You seem to have missed my question to you. Here it is again....

But he's not, so no sense in pondering that one... We should be concerned on his judging us.
    So since you seem to think he's done it all wrong, what would you have done differently?
    sorry, i did miss it.

thats a big question with many different possibilities. if i was to put my christian god hat on and imagine what he should do -

i would have designed the human body better. the brain would work to a level in which their is no mental illness and would increase mans desire to be socially responsible, thus getting rid of some of humanities worse attributes. i would design a better earth, one that can support the people on it. as the designer of mountains i would get rid of tectonic plates as they really have no place in a pre-designed landscape. this would stop many natural disasters. i would have more mountains in africa, more rivers and more fertile land. i would be happy to see the people happy, i would not need recognition of my acts so there would be no need for churches or religion. i would not present myself at all to mankind, maybe i might when i feel they were mature enough to deal with my existence but only when and if it would be beneficial to them. if i did show myself and from that point our relationship would not be one of lord and servant, but one of co-existence and friendship. i wouldnt have an afterlife, i really see no point in living forever. thats just to start.

what would you do?
  10. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 09:45
    Christ said that only God is good. 😏

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that
    whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
    (John 3:16 NKJV)
    so christ isnt good?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 12:505 edits
    so christ isnt good?
    I think that the Lord Jesus meant "If you are prepared to call me good, you have to be prepared to call me God."

Why do you call Me good? There is none good but God. Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19.

That's the sense I get from that passage.
  12. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 13:04
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I think that the Lord Jesus meant "If you are prepared to call me good, you have to be prepared to call me God."

[b]Why do you call Me good? There is none good but God
    . Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19.

That's the sense I get from that passage.[/b]
    then does this imply that god/ jesus is the only good thing? or is it saying that if you achieve goodness then you are a god?

why is every bloody line in the bible open to so much interpretation. it makes it so hard to make any sense of it. how did god get it past his editor?
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 13:232 edits
    then does this imply that god/ jesus is the only good thing? or is it saying that if you achieve goodness then you are a god?

why is every bloody line in the bible open to so much interpretation. it makes it so hard to make any sense of it. how did god get it past his editor?
    actually its quite interesting, Jesus renounces flattery (good teacher) and states that
    only God himself is good in the absolute and consummate sense. Of course Christ was
    good, truthful, etc etc but its a perfect example of Christ stating a rather profound
    truth, that God himself is the standard by which goodness is measured, all else is
    relative to that standard. Its also a complete contradiction of the erroneous claim that
    Christ himself is God, clearly Jesus thinks otherwise and once again directs attention,
    not to himself, but to the Father. Impossible for trinitarians to reconcile.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 18:08
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    actually its quite interesting, Jesus renounces flattery (good teacher) and states that
    only God himself is good in the absolute and consummate sense. Of course Christ was
    good, truthful, etc etc but its a perfect example of Christ stating a rather profound
    truth, that God himself is the standard by which goodness is measured, all else is
    r ...[text shortened]... rects attention,
    not to himself, but to the Father. Impossible for trinitarians to reconcile.
    Good comment buddy...
  15. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    05 Mar '12 18:17
    Originally posted by jaywill

[b]Why do you call Me good? There is none good but God
    . Mark 10:18; Luke 18:19.

That's the sense I get from that passage.[/b]
    nice effort, but that's not what jesus is saying. he is saying, don't call me good because only god is good and i'm not god.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree