1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 08:31
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    No, not even close God isn't a homogeneous creature that everyone's idea of God all
    refers to the same one. I didn't name Him God, He is who He is, and nothing about
    Him changes due to how I think about Him.

Throughout scripture you see God doing things that set Him a part from man, and any
    so called god there is. Creation, the fall, promises made, t ...[text shortened]... ft of God,
    which is His grace. Saved sinners, the worthless being given grace by the most Holy.
    I understand how you see G-d, Kellyjay;
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 10:27
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    I understand how you see G-d, Kellyjay;
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    See and experience, He isn't just a wishful thought with me. I wasn't raised a Christian, I
    didn't grow up in a Christian household. I grew up watching my dad bounce my mom off
    the walls, and I was doing a manner of things now I'm ashamed of. I encountered a real
    God not one I made up, I was changed and that started in 1980, and He has been faithful
    to me and my family ever since. He has seen us through good times, and very horrible
    times, He is, He isn't just a wait till end type of God with me.
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Sep '17 11:20
    See and experience, He isn't just a wishful thought with me. I wasn't raised a Christian, I
    didn't grow up in a Christian household. I grew up watching my dad bounce my mom off
    the walls, and I was doing a manner of things now I'm ashamed of. I encountered a real
    God not one I made up, I was changed and that started in 1980, and He has been faithful
    to ...[text shortened]... good times, and very horrible
    times, He is, He isn't just a wait till end type of God with me.
    I am sorry to hear of your hardship, but fortunately these problems belong to the past.
    I am very happy you are now balanced and good.

Namaste
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 17:56
    Yes;

I don't come very often here anymore as I have no time; hope you and your boy are OK, Charlie๐Ÿ˜ต
    Yeah , we.re really great. The universe provides the right lessons ... when I continue to quieten my mind.
    I rarely contribute much other than a bit of attempted wit ... however I do read through many threads. The right posters always have a bit of good info or a decent link.
    Cheers J ๐Ÿ™‚
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Sep '17 17:58
    OK, but I didn’t say that knowledgeable intent is required for evil actions. I said that all intentions, and all thoughts, and all actions are volition-depended. If one disagrees as regards this matter, then one rejects the hypothesis that free will holds –but that’s another story.

Therefore, since one’s “inherently good”, or “inherently neutral”, o ...[text shortened]... action is bad to the bone to the bunnies that lost their mom cause they ‘ll starve to death;
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
    Great post man. You had fun with that ,eh ?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 12:26
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Yeah , we.re really great. The universe provides the right lessons ... when I continue to quieten my mind.
    I rarely contribute much other than a bit of attempted wit ... however I do read through many threads. The right posters always have a bit of good info or a decent link.
    Cheers J ๐Ÿ™‚
    Very well my feer,
    Be well๐Ÿ˜ต
  7. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 12:27
    Great post man. You had fun with that ,eh ?
    Yes๐Ÿ˜ต
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 15:102 edits
    In summation. A primitive look:

We make some things happen, on a human-powered scale. We can do it this way, or we can do it that way, or so we think. We call some of them good or evil.

Really big things we can't control, happen this way or that: Hurricanes, avalanches, etc. And the sun rises with regularity. Some things we like, some we don't. We call some of them good or evil.

Someone/something really powerful must be making these really big things happen

Maybe we can influence what it makes happen. To our current or eventual benefit.

Proceed from this primitive idea.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 15:46
    Originally posted by @js357

We make some things happen, on a human-powered scale. We can do it this way, or we can do it that way, or so we think. We call some of them good or evil.

Really big things we can't control, happen this way or that: Hurricanes, avalanches, etc. And the sun rises with regularity. Some things we like, some we don't. We call ...[text shortened]... e what it makes happen. To our current or eventual benefit.

Good and evil are much more complicated than that. Even the so called educated minds reduce some (events) down to black and white without looking at everything surrounding them, rendering the same types of verdicts.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 15:50
    Cheers J ๐Ÿ™‚
    Do you ever think about what the fall of man means? We are broken from God, from each other, and we stand broken ourselves as individuals. This brokenness would mean we need someone greater than ourselves to fix us and show us the light.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 18:43

Really big things we can't control, happen this way or that: Hurricanes, avalanches, etc. And the sun rises with regularity. Some things we like, some we don't. We call ...[text shortened]... e what it makes happen. To our current or eventual benefit.

Best regards from Athens, Greece, JS357. I hope you and the ones you love are good!

Sure thing.
    To keep up ruining our planet whilst harming each other, all the other sentient beings and everything else in between, is damaging our chances to enjoy a decent life in the future I reckon.

And to keep up distorting reality by cultivating the delusion that this lurking in the darkness King Cobra will kill us instead of conducting clear sight and thus realizing that all we see is a rope on the ground, is damaging our chances to balance quietly in our own nature.

Methinks to believe without knowledge, is just a starting point; to evaluate accurately all the beliefs you hold (and become ready to discard it on the spot), all your sentiments and all your ideas (and erase them on the spot), and cultivate a fragile yet concrete balance between "you" and "the "other" (till you find out on your own that ultimately there is no difference at all between them two, and then discard this knowledge and keep up living normally in our physical world), is a different horse. Not many are eager to cultivate Two Sights although all can, that is.
    ๐Ÿ˜ต
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 19:47
    Do you ever think about what the fall of man means? We are broken from God, from each other, and we stand broken ourselves as individuals. This brokenness would mean we need someone greater than ourselves to fix us and show us the light.
    Yes, I've thought long and hard about the "Fall of Man" and can only conclude that whatever exactly happened in the past , however god-eclipsing it was, not much is said about the "Rise of Man".
    For whatever is in the past is in the past and the story of humans on this planet is an intriguing situation.
    I know we are all lowly sinners in your eyes, but I'd rather focus on the positives, on human potential, the 'light' and a way forward for all life ...
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Sep '17 20:16
    Good and evil are much more complicated than that. Even the so called educated minds reduce some (events) down to black and white without looking at everything surrounding them, rendering the same types of verdicts.
    These are primitive expressions of primitive thoughts. The complications arise soon enough. I think the evolution of morality has come along with the evolution of the central nervous system and functions in service of the clear advantages it gives to socially organized mammals especially those that don't have built-in weapons like fangs and claws. There's no need to assign magic to its provenance.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 04:59
    These are primitive expressions of primitive thoughts. The complications arise soon enough. I think the evolution of morality has come along with the evolution of the central nervous system and functions in service of the clear advantages it gives to socially organized mammals especially those that don't have built-in weapons like fangs and claws. There's no need to assign magic to its provenance.
    You are giving a lot of credit for something unknown to be true.
    Magic as in formations of nervous systems without any plan, purpose, or design?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 04:59
    Yes, I've thought long and hard about the "Fall of Man" and can only conclude that whatever exactly happened in the past , however god-eclipsing it was, not much is said about the "Rise of Man".
    For whatever is in the past is in the past and the story of humans on this planet is an intriguing situation.
    I know we are all lowly sinners in your eyes, ...[text shortened]... ather focus on the positives, on human potential, the 'light' and a way forward for all life ...
    Exactly how has man risen? He is still acting as he always has, except with deadlier toys.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree