1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 14:50
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    You are giving a lot of credit for something unknown to be true.
    Magic as in formations of nervous systems without any plan, purpose, or design?
    It isn't really about what is known to be true, it is about what is believed to be true.

There's always a Designer belief available, no matter how godless the theory is stated to be. In fact believers in a Designer may have an evolutionary advantage, at least for a while. Or perhaps leaders who get their followers to espouse such beliefs, may have that advantage, as they lead the crusade. An army who believes they are killing for their god can do a lot.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by @js357
    It isn't really about what is known to be true, it is about what is believed to be true.

There's always a Designer belief available, no matter how godless the theory is stated to be. In fact believers in a Designer may have an evolutionary advantage, at least for a while. Or perhaps leaders who get their followers to espouse such beliefs, may have that ad ...[text shortened]... age, as they lead the crusade. An army who believes they are killing for their god can do a lot.
    I witnessed a video today about a woman who took a hat off someone's head, because
    she said that hat represented hate, mass murder, and on an on. Crusaders don't need
    God they just have to believe putting someone down for a "righteous" reason needs
    done. That has more to with the brokenness within us than ideas in my opinion. Ideas and
    stances can be taken out of context and used to justify such actions, for some just
    knowing that a disagreement is there is enough to hate someone, or desire to shut them
    down.

We have come a long way from when people stood up and said that they may disagree
    with someone else, but defend to the death the right for them to speak. You suggesting
    my stance is to kill someone who doesn't like my God, is that what you are implying? If
    it isn't why bring it up? Have you ever seen me advance the idea or desire to see anyone
    harmed by another human being for any cause or reason? Did you mean to lump me in
    group of people that would?

What is believed to be true is that the whole universe from the largest more powerful
    forces, and the smallest pieces, all lined up perfectly for a window of time so that without
    any intelligent prompting joined together in such a way that life appeared. What is believed
    today, that once that happen that joining was so good it didn't break down, instead it got
    more complex over time making life stronger, faster, intelligent, again without any prompt
    the whole universe stayed in sync so that life could continue and not only just stay alive
    by thrive. The food supply never ran dry, it never got to hot or cold, water never went
    away, all the things required for life all were available throughout all time for I guess not
    just a few years but what millions of years these all stayed true! Quite the string of good
    fortune don't you think?

What is believed that without any prompting from an outside force life's DNA never got a
    single error in it so bad it ended life, but instead enough good ones joined the code that
    life became more complex. It wasn't because bad ones are not acknowledge as showing
    up, nor even that the bad ones didn't out number the good ones, people just believe that
    if we only look at the good ones we can make it fit the theory.

What is true? What is believed? We all look at the same universe, and make up our own
    minds, or we just find a link that tells us what we want to see.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 22:401 edit
    Exactly how has man risen? He is still acting as he always has, except with deadlier toys.
    The growth of the humans relative brain capacity, with all the science and technology it has brought , has truly changed our view of our place in the cosmos.
    We have started ruling out what definitely Didn't happen in the past (like worldwide floods) and some 100's of years ago people believed the Earth was flat.
    Witch burnings,blah,blahblah ...
    Not to mention the human race becoming the most dominant animal on the planet
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    30 Sep '17 23:04
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    The growth of the humans relative brain capacity, with all the science and technology it has brought , has truly changed our view of our place in the cosmos.
    We have started ruling out what definitely Didn't happen in the past (like worldwide floods) and some 100's of years ago people believed the Earth was flat.
    Witch burnings,blah,blahblah ...
    Not to mention the human race becoming the most dominant animal on the planet
    So happy thoughts about our place in reality, yea us! Better brains, I doubt that! Rejection of scripture, people have been doing the that for ever.

Not an impressive list so far, witsaying that we are rising.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:002 edits
    I witnessed a video today about a woman who took a hat off someone's head, because
    she said that hat represented hate, mass murder, and on an on. Crusaders don't need
    God they just have to believe putting someone down for a "righteous" reason needs
    done. That has more to with the brokenness within us than ideas in my opinion. Ideas and
    stances can be t ...[text shortened]... universe, and make up our own
    " You suggesting my stance is to kill someone who doesn't like my God, is that what you are implying?"

No. It just follows that an ideology may preserve itself by justifying killing. Competing ideologies may be a way we are broken.

"What is believed that without any prompting from an outside force life's DNA never got a
    single error in it so bad it ended life, "

All lives end at least on earth, and almost all DNA lineages - species - have ended, and by that, we can conclude that our current one will.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 01:251 edit
    " You suggesting my stance is to kill someone who doesn't like my God, is that what you are implying?"

No. It just follows that an ideology may preserve itself by justifying killing. Competing ideologies may be a way we are broken.

"What is believed that without any prompting from an outside force life's DNA never got a
    single error in it so bad it end ...[text shortened]... all DNA lineages - species - have ended, and by that, we can conclude that our current one will.
    The DNA mistakes I was talking about were on the level of ending all life. The same thing that supposedly happened to improve life could have also ended it. If you believe all life started from a single life's DNA strand, than every change to that strand could have been possible complete life ending events.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 09:46

single error in it so bad it end ...[text shortened]... all DNA lineages - species - have ended, and by that, we can conclude that our current one will.
    "Competing ideologies may be a way we are broken."

I believe we are broken through and through, our relationship with God was broken when
    we broke faith and sinned against God. It from that point on our lives were shorten due
    to death entering into our lives, our connection was lost with God. Having lost our
    fellowship with God who breathed into us we started breaking our lives everywhere else
    too, we started killing each other so our connection to each other was broken, not just in
    ideas and ideologies. We even started breaking down with just ourselves as well, people
    now could end their own lives, fill up in grief over choices made, stand at odds with
    themselves or lusts, and any other number of things.

One of the things about God that is said about Him is, He is One, Father, Son, Spirit in
    total agreement. We were created to be God's image bearers, we were to be one as
    well, body, soul, and spirit. One of the things that Jesus said before He returned to the
    Father was He wanted us to be one with each other and God.

John 17:21
    that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:28
    "Competing ideologies may be a way we are broken."

I believe we are broken through and through, our relationship with God was broken when
    we broke faith and sinned against God. It from that point on our lives were shorten due
    to death entering into our lives, our connection was lost with God. Having lost our
    fellowship with God who breathed into us w ...[text shortened]... and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.
    I take all that as non-literal metaphor. It also puffs up our importance in the grand scheme of things.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 15:32
    The DNA mistakes I was talking about were on the level of ending all life. The same thing that supposedly happened to improve life could have also ended it. If you believe all life started from a single life's DNA strand, than every change to that strand could have been possible complete life ending events.
    If there were a lot of random errors that terminated many genetic lines, obviously there have been enough successes -- so far - to get this far.. Maybe God is an experimental genetic engineer..
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 20:38
    If there were a lot of random errors that terminated many genetic lines, obviously there have been enough successes -- so far - to get this far.. Maybe God is an experimental genetic engineer..
    So look at what you just described, there are a lot of random errors that have
    terminated many genetic lines. So you know this was true, except with one line, that
    one line that never occurred. Instead only good things occurred to it, it had to be what
    magic that protected it? So why is it believed that was true of this one line when it was
    not with all the others?

The very first one never got a life ending error, it never ran out of food, it never got hit
    with any life ending event, like to much heat, or lack thereof. I believe there was never
    a line that was protected like that, because I don't think it was possible. I find very
    likely there was never a DNA line that was put in such a position of danger where all
    life was in jeopardy moment by moment for countless years.

This is why I don't think all life sprang from both non-life, or that all life started from a
    single life and over time evolved into the diversity we see today. So male and female
    didn't have to get worked out, eye sight didn't have to get worked out, thickness of
    skin, veins, or blood clotting didn't have to get worked out through random changes
    without any plan, purpose, and design. Instead I think it highly more likely all life
    started fully formed.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 20:494 edits
    I take all that as non-literal metaphor. It also puffs up our importance in the grand scheme of things.
    God is the only One important, all the rest of creation owes our being with God. God
    loves us all, so every one of us is someone who when we do evil things to, we touch
    someone God loves, and someone Jesus died for. The so called good and bad
    among us find ourselves on a level playing field of God's love.

Our actions cannot impress God so there is no earning His favor by being doing
    anything at all. Since God owns all of His creation, we cannot bargain with God so
    rich or poor are not important to God since wealth or lack thereof isn't going to move
    God in any direction. Our own righteousness compared to God's is as filthy rags,
    the scripture that speaks about that if I'm not mistaken says those filthy rags are liken
    to those women used during their times of the month, that is us at our best. So we
    have nothing to be puffed up about, our importance comes from another, Jesus Christ.

The grand scheme of things is simply our relationship with God, on God's terms not
    ours. So again nothing about us that we can be puffed up with.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 22:12
    So happy thoughts about our place in reality, yea us! Better brains, I doubt that! Rejection of scripture, people have been doing the that for ever.

Not an impressive list so far, witsaying that we are rising.
    I'm talking about things that may be corroborated by some science.
    And yes, Happy thoughts. With our thoughts we create everything, so let them be happy πŸ™‚
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '17 22:30
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I'm talking about things that may be corroborated by some science.
    And yes, Happy thoughts. With our thoughts we create everything, so let them be happy πŸ™‚
    Exactly how has man risen?
    You think happy thoughts are an answer?
    So you think drugs are good things helping us with happy thoughts?
    Now we have some things we have that are corroborated by some science.
    We also have some other things we have that are not corroborated by some science.
    This is your argument that man has risen?
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 10:35
    stances can be t ...[text shortened]... universe, and make up our own
    Edit: What is true? What is believed? We all look at the same universe, and make up our own minds, or we just find a link that tells us what we want to see.

No. We are all parts of the same Kosmos, however we do not all look at the same universe and make up our own minds. It’s the other way around as regards our perception of reality –our perception of the Physical World that surrounds us, of our Inner World and of the World of our Ideas.
    Due to the fact that the interaction of our bodymind with these three planes is constant, whatever we feel, think and do is strictly mind-depended. The decoding, the processing and the evaluation of the perceived reality are the products of our constant interaction with these three planes. Every single one meaning we attribute to whatever we happen to perceive, feel and dream of, is grounded on this nexus; it is not grounded on an objective and ready-made reality out there. There are as many realities as many sentient beings. All colors, literally and metaphorically, exist solely in the eye of the beholder.
    One’s own mind alone gives shape to whatever one perceives, feels and thinks, and one’s mind alone has to evaluate if what one perceives and evaluates is accurate or simply one’s mind delusion that one falsely perceives it as non-delusion.
    And one’s actions are simply the effect of one’s intentions, feelings and thoughts. The sole cause for one’s intentions, feelings and thoughts is one’s mind alone.
    And the sole cause for one’s perception that everybody else sees the “same universe” as one does, it is not the false hypothesis that Kosmos is objectively existent “as is” out there in full separation of one’s mind, but the fact that Kosmos can be deciphered solely by one’s mind in correspondence with one’s perception and evaluation. Because each sentient being’s mind is hard-wired to the physical world according to its nature. The differences between the human eye and the eye of the dog explain why we perceive the red color but the doggies cannot. And what exactly in the “red” is objectively real as regards the perception of the human beings and the perception of the dogs concerning the colors these two species perceive?
    And still, what we perceive as “red” out there, it has neither inherent existence nor inherent substance. Colors exist solely in the eye of the beholder. They are merely an illusion –that any driver has to take seriously.

So, this atheist scarab does not find a link that tells him what he wants to see; he allows his mind to decipher and evaluate the physical world, his inner world and his ideas. His mind is the sole Vehicle he needs. When he uses it he goes everywhere, without allowing his mind to use him.
    And he travels light😡
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 10:40
    Exactly how has man risen?
    You think happy thoughts are an answer?
    So you think drugs are good things helping us with happy thoughts?
    Now we have some things we have that are corroborated by some science.
    We also have some other things we have that are not corroborated by some science.
    This is your argument that man has risen?
    Today we atheists are roughly 1 billion persons worldwide; our rest brothers and sisters all around the dial are all religious. Each religion has a specific dogma, which rejects the dogma of every other religion. And there is no religion that is accepted by all the human beings worldwide.
    Yet, not even one religious theory of reality is accepted by our scientific community. Why is that? Because it is unsubstantiated. If it weren’t, the scientific community would be the first to bow to the developers of a single one and tenable Theory of Everything. Because the scientific community accepts that our knowledge for the time being is not written in stone, but provisional. When we come to know better, we hone our knowledge and advance –until the next tune up. So, if the believers of a specific religious dogma have the feeling that they know “exactly how has man risen”, they have to simply provide facts and evidence.

Till that time, when you ask “Exactly how has man risen? You think happy thoughts are an answer?” and so on, my own subjective to the hilt replies are more likely to be grounded on facts and evidence accepted in the scientific fields of anthropology, archaeology, paleontology, neurobiology, ethology, linguistics, evolutionary psychology and genetics amongst else. I would not take into account a gospel, because my intention is not to end up surfing in the ocean of wishful thinking and superstitions. How could ever be my intention to end up superstitious and hence stranded? When I am thirsty, I drink. Whatever I do, I do it because this is what I want to do according to the evaluation of my mind. G-d and Lucifer and Allah and Siva have nothing to do with my intentions, feelings, thoughts and actions. For whatever I do, I keep myself fully responsible.

I know this simple string of thoughts has no place in a Black or White world. No problem.
    😡

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree