1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 11:26
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Edit: What is true? What is believed? We all look at the same universe, and make up our own minds, or we just find a link that tells us what we want to see.

No. We are all parts of the same Kosmos, however we do not all look at the same universe and make up our own minds. It’s the other way around as regards our perception of reality –our perception ...[text shortened]... hen he uses it he goes everywhere, without allowing his mind to use him.
    And he travels light😵
    When two people look at the same thing and both come up with different takes, they are seeing it through the prism of their lives and their minds. The trouble is those are not free from the brokenness that our race has.

If you have experienced hate, intolerance, and things of that nature from group (A), when you see an (A) it is possible your going to view them with that experience. Someone in (A) may only know love and view them with that experience.

Our judgments are all done in part. while with the One who is sees everything at once and always has and will. Only with Him giving us eyes to see, will we ever get a clear picture of our reality.

If as you say we get to make up our own minds, than racism is justified once a mind is made up. Reality isn't dependent upon our grasp of the universe, we can acquire opinions and views, but that doesn't mean reality is what we think. Even if we are convinced we may have let untruths color our minds.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 13:03
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    When two people look at the same thing and both come up with different takes, they are seeing it through the prism of their lives and their minds. The trouble is those are not free from the brokenness that our race has.

If you have experienced hate, intolerance, and things of that nature from group (A), when you see an (A) it is possible your going to ...[text shortened]... ean reality is what we think. Even if we are convinced we may have let untruths color our minds.
    I see no “brokenness” in a person other than false evaluations of the mind due to psychophysical imbalances, lack of knowledge, poor EQ and false truth-tracking cognitive processes. I do neither believe our nature is “sinful”, nor that we need a “savior”. I am sure one suffers because of one’s horde of desires, ill will and misunderstandings. Once these three are removed, suffering evaporates. I am sure I do not need anybody to remove these three for me. I know I am fully responsible to do it.

Furthermore, racism is neither justified under the conditions you noted, nor can it be ever justified under any circumstances. In fact, racism is “justified” solely when the one who makes such a “justification” is mentally deranged. Racism is a crime.

And surely the reality we perceive depends fully on the mind of the beholder. This is the reason why we give different meaning to the “same” things we perceive: In Dachau and Treblinka I see genocide taking place, whilst Reinhard Heydrich and his fellow scums where criminals dead sure they were managing the Final Solution to the Jewish Question; to them Nazis, everything was quite moral. This was their reality. Theirs and mine have nothing in common.

Well, methinks we human beings cannot for the time being go through –not only as regards the meaning of the events in the physical world which we perceive and thus agree over it, but also to agree as regards whether or not the events per se we are talking about are real. For example, our dj@becker’s mind (the one that operates, in his opinion, …critically) makes him believe amongst else that the colors are inherently existent (objectively existent) out there, separated from causes and conditions and thus in separation from the eye of the sentient being that perceive it –and he has the gut to claim that his disciple is Physics. What do You think? That Lucifer fooled dj@becker like he fooled Adam and Eve? That our dj2becker should wait for Jesus or Buddha to save him, or should he try a bit harder to understand what Physics propose as regards this matter?

You are a Christian and believe wholeheartedly that G-d is existent. Persons who are not Christians, do not believe such a thing. The method and the means this event –the existence of this entity– is monitored and justified, is accepted solely by Christians and cannot be verified by nobody else. You see clearly the consequences I reckon. How could ever a non-Christian see and decipher reality as you see it? And what exactly makes these two different “realities” “objectively existent out there”, since both of them are mind-depended and do not even exist on the way a physical event exists?
    😵
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 16:12
    I see no “brokenness” in a person other than false evaluations of the mind due to psychophysical imbalances, lack of knowledge, poor EQ and false truth-tracking cognitive processes. I do neither believe our nature is “sinful”, nor that we need a “savior”. I am sure one suffers because of one’s horde of desires, ill will and misunderstandings. Once thes ...[text shortened]... nce both of them are mind-depended and do not even exist on the way a physical event exists?
    😵
    Really when we want to quit doing things we dislike and are bound that isn't brokenness? We hate someone on sight alone without knowing them that isn't brokenness? We condemn others for things we do that isn't brokenness? We end up doing things we hated that others have done, that isn't brokenes? We treat some with contempt, and praise others who are all acting the same way for the same thing that isn't brokenness? We put constraints on what others can tell us is truth, but ignore those same constraints for our conclusions isn't being broken?

You have rose colored glasses on!
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 17:06
    Really when we want to quit doing things we dislike and are bound that isn't brokenness? We hate someone on sight alone without knowing them that isn't brokenness? We condemn others for things we do that isn't brokenness? We end up doing things we hated that others have done, that isn't brokenes? We treat some with contempt, and praise others who are all a ...[text shortened]... se same constraints for our conclusions isn't being broken?

You have rose colored glasses on!
    I see no “brokenness” in a person other than false evaluations of the mind due to psychophysical imbalances, lack of knowledge, poor EQ and false truth-tracking cognitive processes.
    No need to seek for a supernatural entity to help one out; one can well find the way out by means of using accurately one's Vehicle😵
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 17:35
    I see no “brokenness” in a person other than false evaluations of the mind due to psychophysical imbalances, lack of knowledge, poor EQ and false truth-tracking cognitive processes.
    No need to seek for a supernatural entity to help one out; one can well find the way out by means of using accurately one's Vehicle😵
    So the things I mentioned are par for the course with man in your opinion?
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 21:51
    Exactly how has man risen?
    You think happy thoughts are an answer?
    So you think drugs are good things helping us with happy thoughts?
    Now we have some things we have that are corroborated by some science.
    We also have some other things we have that are not corroborated by some science.
    This is your argument that man has risen?
    Man has risen in population if nothing else ... lol.
    I think you know what I mean , I've already answered your question in general
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 21:591 edit
    It seems to me evil is not a Son of the Morning-generated force that draws one into “sin”. “Inherently evil” and “Inherently good” intentions and acts, and thus “inherently good” and “inherently bad” lifestyle, exist not. States of consciousness, acts and lifestyle morally “good”, “neutral” or “bad” are volition-depended.

The unrighteous and the not ...[text shortened]... y of living, one should accept full ownership and responsibility.

May All Beings Be Happy
    😵
    Do you also reject a genetic predisposition for human behaviour? For this is the great trend of our times.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 08:22
    So the things I mentioned are par for the course with man in your opinion?
    Yes, over here we agree –unfortunately these problems are monitored all the time.
    However methinks they are caused by persons who ignore their nature, cannot use properly their bodymind, interact problematically with the environment and slaves of their false way of thinking remain😵
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 08:31
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Man has risen in population if nothing else ... lol.
    I think you know what I mean , I've already answered your question in general
    So nothing really to speak about with respect to the rise of man, except there are more
    of us.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 08:381 edit
    Yes, over here we agree –unfortunately these problems are monitored all the time.
    However methinks they are caused by persons who ignore their nature, cannot use properly their bodymind, interact problematically with the environment and slaves of their false way of thinking remain😵
    I disagree, I think we are broken through and through, being at odds with God, with each
    other, and with ourselves as well. I don't believe that is what we were/are meant to be,
    that we should be. I realize using words like "meant" and "should" carry a lot of meaning,
    but I pick them for the meaning they carry.

I don't think environment is an excuse, since people can kill themselves being rich or poor,
    or can love and hate at either end of the money spectrum. The back ground of people can
    be rich or poor, and still loving and kind people can come up, just as can greedy selfish
    people can too.

If we were one with God *love* than all of our brokenness would be gone.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 08:56
    Originally posted by @robbie-carrobie
    Do you also reject a genetic predisposition for human behaviour? For this is the great trend of our times.
    It’s being some time rabbie my feer, during the last 15-18 months I was really time puir and couldn’t participate at the forum. Good to see you around, hope you and yours are good!

Well this is an ole story, old at least since Galton’s “Hereditary Genius” work –but I have to do my chores in order to comment as regards the severity of genetics over behavioral schemes, and the related stats. Methinks both environment and genetics affect us also to a certain degree, and in some cases more than considerably –I have in mind Gregory’s paper about genetic predisposition of behavioral response:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3918768/

Still, accepting this link ain’t mean I see anything supernatural in there the way our Kellyjay noted earlier at his posts😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 09:59
    I disagree, I think we are broken through and through, being at odds with God, with each
    other, and with ourselves as well. I don't believe that is what we were/are meant to be,
    that we should be. I realize using words like "meant" and "should" carry a lot of meaning,
    but I pick them for the meaning they carry.

I don't think environment is an excuse, ...[text shortened]... ish
    people can too.

If we were one with God *love* than all of our brokenness would be gone.
    Environment is not an excuse. Trapped in an environment where you have to kill, I believe you will kill if you can, regardless if you are a part of G-d’s agape or not. Methinks you would kill on the spot the potential murderer who broke into your house and is ready to rape your son –I would; but I could be wrong, then.

The sole reason we are able to do everything “good”, “evil” and/ or “neutral”, is not the force of supernatural entities and/ or supernatural causes but our own mind. If one’s evaluation of the mind is impaired because of genetic problems that triggered up specific mental diseases, it’s another story.
    In case of proved genetically impaired evaluation of the mind that caused one’s crimes, I think the disordered person should be placed under medical control in a safe location and have the proper treatment. The crimes of such a person are caused because the person is sick, not because of this person’s brokenness with G-d’s agape.
    😵
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 10:09
    Environment is not an excuse. Trapped in an environment where you have to kill, I believe you will kill if you can, regardless if you are a part of G-d’s agape or not. Methinks you would kill on the spot the potential murderer who broke into your house and is ready to rape your son –I would; but I could be wrong, then.

The sole reason we are able to ...[text shortened]... caused because the person is sick, not because of this person’s brokenness with G-d’s agape.
    😵
    Supernatural, is just something natural but not normally seen. If God created the universe
    which I believe He did, than He is just as natural if not more so than anything in it.

The rest I'll address later.
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 10:45
    Supernatural, is just something natural but not normally seen. If God created the universe
    which I believe He did, than He is just as natural if not more so than anything in it.

The rest I'll address later.
    Take your sweet time;

Till then, just a side point:

As an adjective, the word “supernatural” is defined either as a specific manifestation or as a specific event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
    Therefore, it follows that the so called “supernatural manifestation/ event” must have been observed by us; otherwise, how can it be properly said that either a manifestation or an event took actually place?
    So, the first necessary condition for the establishment of a supernatural manifestation or event must be the proper establishment/ monitoring of this so called specific manifestation or event; the second necessary condition is the establishment of the nature of this manifestation or event. So, how can we establish, and by what means, as “supernatural” a manifestation or an event that nobody can prove that happened?

As a noun, “supernatural” is defined as a manifestation or an event considered to be of supernatural origin. Again, if nobody observed a so called supernatural phenomenon, how could ever and by what means this phenomenon be established?
    😵
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 11:57
    Take your sweet time;

Till then, just a side point:

As an adjective, the word “supernatural” is defined either as a specific manifestation or as a specific event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature.
    Therefore, it follows that the so called “supernatural manifestation/ event” must have been observed by u ...[text shortened]... ed supernatural phenomenon, how could ever and by what means this phenomenon be established?
    😵
    Abiogenesis supernatural?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree