Peace among the Religions

Peace among the Religions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
14 Jul 18

Came across this quote from Hans Küng at the Goedgedacht Inter-Faith Chapel near Cape Town:

"No peace among the Nations
without peace among the Religions.

No survival for our globe
without a Global Ethic"

Comments?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @caljust
Came across this quote from Hans Küng at the Goedgedacht Inter-Faith Chapel near Cape Town:

without a Global Ethic"

Comments?
Global ethical standards if imposed by man will be done against the will of other men.
Who has the right to force one set of ethical standards upon someone who doesn't like,
want, or agree with them? The only way that can be done if its done by someone all men
answer too, being God. Yet since so many are at odds with God right now, it will not
occur until the rebellion against God is dealt with, and all who do wickedness and evil are
forced to answer for their deeds.

E

Moves
14 Jul 18

without a Global Ethic"

Comments?
Just another attempt to join all people against God.

T

Moves
14 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Global ethical standards if imposed by man will be done against the will of other men.
Who has the right to force one set of ethical standards upon someone who doesn't like,
want, or agree with them? The only way that can be done if its done by someone all men
answer too, being God. Yet since so many are at odds with God right now, it will not
occur un ...[text shortened]... nst God is dealt with, and all who do wickedness and evil are
forced to answer for their deeds.
answer too, being God.

With the Bible being widely open to interpretation, amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be.

Yet since so many are at odds with God right now...

Your statement implies that you know who is "at odds with God right now". Given what I wrote above, how were you able to determine who is and who is not "at odds with God right now"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]Who has the right to force one set of ethical standards upon someone who doesn't like,
answer too, being God.

With the Bible being widely open to interpretation, amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be.

[ ...[text shortened]... wrote above, how were you able to determine who is and who is not "at odds with God right now"?[/b]
I agree with you that the Bible is widely open to interpretation, I am not surprised that
there is a wide disparity among those that call themselves Christian either. Since I
believe anyone can wear whatever label they choose in life, who are we to say who can
or cannot call themselves Christian? I believe we are all at odds with God, every single
one of us without exception! The fixing of that issue isn't one we (mankind) can do on our
own since it is God who has to accept the restoration of our relationship with Him where
He can forgive us of our sins. This must be done as we are all sinners, without exception,
and if we say we have no sin we call God a liar.

God made away for us to come to Him, when the Father sent Jesus Christ to us to take
on our guilt before God, then sit at the right hand of the Father to intercede on our
behalf, and the Spirit of God was sent to be in us to teach, guide, help us. Just as only
God has the right to rule over us, He is also the One to save us from our sins. Who is
and isn't at odds with God, there are those that get right with God through Jesus Christ
the narrow way, and those that don't but look for some other answer if they are looking at
all. Jesus will sort that out, not KellyJay.

T

Moves
14 Jul 18

I agree with you that the Bible is widely open to interpretation, I am not surprised that
there is a wide disparity among those that call themselves Christian either. Since I
believe anyone can wear whatever label they choose in life, who are we to say who can
or cannot call themselves Christian? I believe we are all at odds with God, every single
one ...[text shortened]... look for some other answer if they are looking at
all. Jesus will sort that out, not KellyJay.
You seem to have gone off on a tangent.

The point was that amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be. Given that, how can God's "ethical standards" be reasonably determined?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 18

You seem to have gone off on a tangent.

The point was that amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be. Given that, how can God's "ethical standards" be reasonably determined?
1 Corinthians 6:17
But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

We do not stay disjointed in Christ, there is only One Lord, as I have said.

T

Moves
14 Jul 18
2 edits

1 Corinthians 6:17
But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with him.

We do not stay disjointed in Christ, there is only One Lord, as I have said.
Not sure what point you're trying to make.

Amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be. That's just a fact.

As such, it's clear that Christians are not of "one spirit". That's also just a fact.

It might help if you directly answer the question instead of talking around it:
<<Given that, how can God's "ethical standards" be reasonably determined?>>

E

Moves
14 Jul 18
1 edit

Amongst Christians there is wide disparity as to what God's "ethical standards" might be. That's just a fact.

As such, it's clear that Christians are not of "one spirit". That's also just a fact.

It might help if you directly answer the question instead of talking around it:
<<Given that, how can God's "ethical standards" be reasonably determined?>>
Most Christians are going to hell so what is your point?

T

Moves
14 Jul 18

Originally posted by @eladar
Most Christians are going to hell so what is your point?
I'm trying to get clarification on KJ's position, so that I can determine whether or not it is sound and coherent.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
14 Jul 18
2 edits

Likewise, see below:

And that is completely in line with what the bible tells us. We are told we cannot fathom God's ways. It should be totally expected that we would differ in our opinions about some of God's characteristics when they are filtered through the readers' lens.

But what do you mean by "one spirit." The "spirit" true Christian believers share transcends matters like doctrine and text on scrolls. Not to say doctrine and the Word aren't important--it's just that they are not integral to the Spirit--the family bond--all believers share.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Jul 18

I'm trying to get clarification on KJ's position, so that I can determine whether or not it is sound and coherent.
What you are trying to do is justify the term Christian to automatically mean someone
right with God, that is not the case. Those that are right with God, are as I have said, are
right due to Jesus Christ, what they share is the Spirit of God within. You can call yourself
a Christian and not have Jesus in your life. You cannot be right with God without Jesus
Christ, it is as simple as that, nothing disjointed or incoherent about that.

T

Moves
14 Jul 18
1 edit

What you are trying to do is justify the term Christian to automatically mean someone
right with God, that is not the case. Those that are right with God, are as I have said, are
right due to Jesus Christ, what they share is the Spirit of God within. You can call yourself
a Christian and not have Jesus in your life. You cannot be right with God without Jesus
Christ, it is as simple as that, nothing disjointed or incoherent about that.
Please address my response to you prior to this one.

E

Moves
14 Jul 18

Lol you are so self important and arrogant.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
14 Jul 18

without a Global Ethic"

Comments?
Religions that dont advocate peace aren't viable