1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    19 Dec '12 14:16
    Originally posted by FMF

I understand what you say. I am fully aware of what you Christians tell yourselves. While it is your prerogative to do so in a forum like this, telling it to me does not add any credence to what you believe.
    Look forward to a few relaxed chess games, together, at a corner table upstairs in the Celestial Chess Club (for patzers) in Heaven. I'll bring the wine.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 05:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet this not-being-the-same-as-you thing made you take it upon yourself to declare me never-a-Christian. Now you say that everyone has different relationships. I seem to have caught you kind of making it up as you go along. But don't worry, I've faced a fair bit of fumbling irritated denunciation from still-Christians on account of being an ex-one.
    I've not changed my point of view on that point either, if you actually had a
    relationship with God through Jesus Christ, than you'd never be able to deny it.
    If you never had a real one of course you could deny it, since it was never real to
    begin with.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 06:46
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I've not changed my point of view on that point either, if you actually had a
    relationship with God through Jesus Christ, than you'd never be able to deny it.
    We have been all through this extraordinarily conceited estimation of yourself before. I did have one: every bit as "real" as yours, albeit different - for the reasons you gave. But I stopped believing. I do not deny that I used to be a Christian just like you are.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 06:48
    Originally posted by FMF
    We have been all through this extraordinarily conceited estimation of yourself before. I did have one: every bit as "real" as yours, albeit different - for the reasons you gave. But I stopped believing. I do not deny that I used to be a Christian just like you are.
    Yes, we have been through this before...I've no desire to do it again.
    I'll just say truth in the end will carry the day if I'm right or wrong.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 08:23
    Yes, we have been through this before...I've no desire to do it again.
    I'll just say truth in the end will carry the day if I'm right or wrong.
    Kelly
    One wonders why you feel the need to declare a person was or wasn't in the past. It's a form of misanthropy I think. You'd deny it of course. And it's your faith that makes you that way. One wonders why you need to project your so called "truth" on to me and what bearing it has on your feelings about your own faith. Your whole routine over this matter smacks of insecurity. I have the common decency to take you at your word when you talk about your beliefs and say you are a Christian, and you find it difficult to exhibit the same common decency to take me at my word when I tell you what my beliefs were in the past. Whatever floats your boats, I suppose.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 09:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    One wonders why you feel the need to declare a person was or wasn't in the past. It's a form of misanthropy I think. You'd deny it of course. And it's your faith that makes you that way. One wonders why you need to project your so called "truth" on to me and what bearing it has on your feelings about your own faith. Your whole routine over this matter smacks of ...[text shortened]... d when I tell you what my beliefs were in the past. Whatever floats your boats, I suppose.
    The need is simple, Jesus said He was the Way, the Truth, the Life and no one
    comes to the Father except through Him. Missing out of the forgiveness of Christ
    means you run into the wrath of God instead, I don't want anyone to go through
    that. Jesus paid to high a price so we could be forgiven, and the fate awaiting
    sinners wihtout God's grace isn't a good one.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 10:23
    The need is simple, Jesus said He was the Way, the Truth, the Life and no one
    comes to the Father except through Him.
    Yes. I used to believe this too. But I don't anymore. I wonder what kick you get out of saying I didn't, and why you need it.
  8. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    23 Dec '12 13:25
    Originally posted by FMF
    Yes. I used to believe this too. But I don't anymore. I wonder what kick you get out of saying I didn't, and why you need it.
    Jesus is back!!!

And this time it's personal.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 04:24
    Originally posted by FMF
    I never said you didn't believe, that was never my point shoot as scripture says
    even the devil believes.
    Kelly
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 07:32
    I never said you didn't believe, that was never my point shoot as scripture says
    even the devil believes.
    Kelly
    I used to be a Christian. I am not anymore. What is it that makes you need to declare I was never a Christian?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 07:442 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    I used to be a Christian. I am not anymore. What is it that makes you need to declare I was never a Christian?
    It boils down to what is and is not a Christian. If all you think a Christian is, is one
    that says they are, or one that believes X,Y, and Z than that is what a Christian is
    and you can be one by either of those standards. If a Christian is one that actually
    gets saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ that now can call God Father
    due to God's grace has invited Christ into his or her life so that they now have a
    relationship with God, then no I don't think you ever were. Reason being if you
    actually had a relationship with God, you would not be able to turn around later
    and say it really didn't happen. If it really didn't happen, than it really did not
    happen which makes your claiims different from those that acknowledge God in
    their lives.
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:07
    Originally posted by FMF

I used to be a Christian.
    I am not anymore. What is it that makes you need to declare
    I was never a Christian?

Reveal Hidden Content
    The Holy Trinity
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:18
    Reason being if you actually had a relationship with God, you would not be able to turn around later and say it really didn't happen.
    But it did happen, as I have said over and over again. I am not saying "it really didn't happen". No need for you to put words in my mouth; my own are clear enough. Are you seriously claiming that someone cannot lose their faith?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:21
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]I used to be a Christian.
    I am not anymore. What is it that makes you need to declare
    I was never a Christian?[/b]
    "The Holy Trinity"? In what sense?
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Dec '12 08:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    But it did happen, as I have said over and over again. I am not saying "it really didn't happen". No need for you to put words in my mouth; my own are clear enough. Are you seriously claiming that someone cannot lose their faith?
    So you had a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, and you do not
    now, because you no longer believe in it. That pretty much covers it in my opinion.
    We have gone over this several times now, all I'm doing is repeating myself, if
    you don't grasp my point now you never will.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree