Personal Relationship with Jesus

Personal Relationship with Jesus

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by KellyJay
What occured to me changed me forever when Jesus Christ entered my life, you on the other hand had something, whatever it was became meaningless to you now. What happened to me could never be called meaningless.
What happened to me could never be called meaningless either.

So you don't think it's possible for someone to lose their faith?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
What happened to me could never be called meaningless either.

So you don't think it's possible for someone to lose their faith?
What happened to you? I thought you just lost your 'faith', so you misplaced it,
someone stole it, it was there one day and gone the next? Whatever your 'faith'
was based on, it was not based upon something that could last, you had something
so you thought and then you didn't. Whatever the cause of that was, it was enough
to cast Jesus Christ out of your life as the Son of God who died for your sins.

If you really had Jesus, than nothing could do that.
Kelly

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

So you say. But now you have met someone whose experience contradicts your assumption.

F

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

Whatever your 'faith' was based on, it was not based upon something that could last, you had something so you thought and then you didn't.
How do all these freewheeling assertions about me make you feel about yourself?

Whatever your 'faith' was based on, it was not based upon something that could last, you had something so you thought and then you didn't.

Can't exactly the same "logic" be applied to you? As in: Whatever your 'faith' is based on, we cannot yet say it is based upon something that can last [because you might stop believing], you have something - so you think - but then someday you might not.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
So you say. But now you have met someone whose experience contradicts your assumption.
Like I told you before, God will sort it all out not me or you.
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
How do all these freewheeling assertions about me make you feel about yourself?

[b]Whatever your 'faith' was based on, it was not based upon something that could last, you had something so you thought and then you didn't.

Can't exactly the same "logic" be applied to you? As in: Whatever your 'faith' is based on, we cannot yet say it is based upon some ...[text shortened]... ght stop believing], you have something - so you think - but then someday you might not.[/b]
The difference isn't me and you, it is Jesus Christ either He is faithful or He is not.
Kelly

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

Like I told you before, God will sort it all out not me or you.
Why then do you keep making unilateral pronouncements about what my beliefs were in the past?

F

Moves
28 Dec 12

The difference isn't me and you, it is Jesus Christ either He is faithful or He is not.
I used to believe this kind of thing when I was a Christian.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF
Why then do you keep making unilateral pronouncements about what my beliefs were in the past?
You are the one dragging this on not me, I"ve been content to let it go for some
time now.
Kelly

F

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

You are the one dragging this on not me, I"ve been content to let it go for some time now.
This does not answer the question, which was: Why - if you reckon God will sort it all out, not you or me - do you keep making unilateral pronouncements about what my beliefs were in the past?

I have had the courtesy to accept what you claim about your beliefs, both now and in the past. You are, for some reason, unwilling to return the courtesy.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
28 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This does not answer the question, which was: Why - if you reckon God will sort it all out, not you or me - do you keep making unilateral pronouncements about what my beliefs were in the past?

I have had the courtesy to accept what you claim about your beliefs, both now and in the past. You are, for some reason, unwilling to return the courtesy.
I believe he is trying to point out that he believes you never had saving faith in your belief in God and Jesus. Your belief was based on the knowledge you had at the time, and as your knowledge changed, your belief changed. I believe it seems to him that once a person experiences saving faith in a belief in Christ, it would be impossible for that belief to change based on some other knowledge that you might receive.

For example, even if the Shroud of Turin was proved to be a fake, your saving faith in Christ would sustain your belief in Him.

You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!

(James 2:19 NKJV)

Although Satan believes in the existence of God, Satan has no saving faith in God and fights against Him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Dec 12

Originally posted by FMF

You changed not God, if you had a relationship with God you could not then
turn around and say it never happen while being honest. You keep running your
mouth on things like your now better than because you no longer 'believe' the
things I do. Being a Christian has never been about just believing, its only
that Jesus died for us and rose from the dead so that we can now come to God
and actually reach Him on His righteousness not our own. You've choosen a
path of another, had you ever been in right standing with God you'd known
the folly of such a path. Instead I believe you've mouthed the words, hung out
with some believers maybe, saw the fakeness in such a lie and left it. You do
not want my pronouncements I suggest you stop asking me why I think you are
in error so that I'm no longer being asked to tell you.
Kelly

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
28 Dec 12

What happened to you? I thought you just lost your 'faith', so you misplaced it,
someone stole it, it was there one day and gone the next? Whatever your 'faith'
was based on, it was not based upon something that could last, you had something
so you thought and then you didn't. Whatever the cause of that was, it was enough
to cast Jesus Christ out of you ...[text shortened]... God who died for your sins.

Kelly
Precisely my reaction as well.

But you know, that's what the Tribulation is for. To separate the true believers from the people going through the motions.

"And ye shall be hated of all [men] for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." -- Matthew 10:22, KJV

F

Moves
29 Dec 12

You changed not God, if you had a relationship with God you could not then
turn around and say it never happen while being honest. You keep running your
mouth on things like your now better than because you no longer 'believe' the
things I do. Being a Christian has never been about just believing, its only
that Jesus died for us and rose from the dead s ...[text shortened]... ing me why I think you are
in error so that I'm no longer being asked to tell you.
Kelly
As I said before, by your "logic", no one here - including yourself - can be sure you really are Christian. As long as you're still alive, you could lose your faith, and according to your logic, if you do lose your faith one day, you and everyone else will be able to declare, retrospectively, that you never were a Christian, yes?

F

Moves
29 Dec 12

Being a Christian has never been about just believing, its only that Jesus died for us and rose from the dead so that we can now come to God and actually reach Him on His righteousness not our own.
Yep. I used to believe stuff like this too when I was a Christian.