1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:13
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    No
    Kelly
    Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends or that God was powerless to stop the murder?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:16
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends or that God was powerless to stop the murder?
    I am not going to get into a spiritual discussion about all of that on this thread.
    You want to speak about these things without bringing in someone's name that
    people here actually knew do that. Your heartlessness seems to know no bounds.
    Kelly
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:20
    I am not going to get into a spiritual discussion about all of that on this thread.
    You want to speak about these things without bringing in someone's name that
    people here actually knew do that. Your heartlessness seems to know no bounds.
    Kelly
    The author of the OP didn't actually know the victim. But he did claim that he had proof that dreams work. Do you think that Whitney Heichel might have been saved if more people had prayed?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The author of the OP didn't actually know the victim. But he did claim that he had proof that dreams work. Do you think that Whitney Heichel might have been saved if more people had prayed?
  5. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:28
    No
    Kelly
    So how do you account for prayer not working in this instance?

Take 1 John 5:14-15 -

14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

This passage indicates that God heard the prayers asking for the safe return of this woman yet tragically she didn't return. So if God heard the prayers and yet they weren't answered what do you put that down to?
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So how do you account for prayer not working in this instance?

Take 1 John 5:14-15 -

14 And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us. 15 And if we know that he hears us in whatever we ask, we know that we have the requests that we have asked of him.

This passage indi ...[text shortened]... eturn. So if God heard the prayers and yet they weren't answered what do you put that down to?
    Last time I'm responding to anything in this thread.
    If you want to talk about this start another thread.
    Kelly
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:401 edit
    "My son knows this family and is obviously upset and my daughter and her family lives within two miles of their apartment.
    Thanks...."

His family did and so it was personal, and you STILL are doing it, what a maggot
    you are.
    Kelly
    galveston75 used this tragedy to make extravagant claims about his own ability to summon God's intervention. He even mentioned that he has "proof" that prayers work. I thought it was in poor taste actually. If you believe that it was not God's will that Whitney Heichel die, why didn't He respond to the prayers asking Him to intervene? On the other hand, if the tragedy is somehow intended for the greater good then why the recriminations now? galeveston75 used this sad case to make a point about the power of prayer, and therefore indirectly about God's will. If asking questions about this gets me mentioned in the same breath as "Satan" or called a "maggot", then so be it.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 08:51
    what a maggot you are.
    Being an ex-Christian, I know only too well the significance of being accused of doing "Satan's work" by a Christian. I think we can agree that me being accused of doing "Satan's work" by galveston75 is far more insulting than anything I have said to galveston75 on this thread.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:213 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    galveston75 used this tragedy to make extravagant claims about his own ability to summon God's intervention. He even mentioned that he has "proof" that prayers work. I thought it was in poor taste actually. If you believe that it was not God's will that Whitney Heichel die, why didn't He respond to the prayers asking Him to intervene? On the other hand, if the t s gets me mentioned in the same breath as "Satan" or called a "maggot", then so be it.
    As i recollect your main grievance was that Galveston used the thread as a form of self
    promotion. Clearly this was not the case and as you could provide not a shred of
    evidence other than your own opinions borne of a cynical and callous disposition. Indeed
    you seem intent as others have noted of putting salt on wounds, of belittling the
    efforts of others who sought to understand the scenario and offer their prayers on his
    behalf by asking offensive questions in the guise of sincerely seeking to ascertain
    whether it was Gods will for her to die, or whether it was for the greater good that she
    died. Can you provide any evidence of a Christian stating that its gods will that she
    died or that it was for the greater good that she died? If not then what has led you to
    believe that they might think that its Gods will that she died or that it was for the
    greater good that she died, please explain.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:46
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    As i recollect your main grievance was that Galveston used the thread as a form of self promotion. Clearly this was not the case and as you could provide not a shred of evidence other than your own opinions borne of a cynical and callous disposition.
    Well, I did explain why I thought his self-promotion and the timing of his promotion of his religionist agenda was in poor taste.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:491 edit
    Can you provide any evidence of a Christian stating that its gods will that she died or that it was for the greater good that she died? If not then what has led you to believe that they might think that its Gods will that she died or that it was for the greater good that she died, please explain.
    Well now you are for all intents and purposes asking the same question as me. Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends because it was His will not to answer them, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop the murder?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:52
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well now you are for all intents and purposes asking the same question as me. Do you believe that God chose not to answer the prayers of Whitney Heichel's family and friends because it was His will not to answer them, or do you believe that God was powerless to stop the murder?
    No i am not , i want to know why you would think that Christians might accept abduction and murder as being the will of God and that the abduction and murder of an innocent women is for the greater good, i know Christians do not profess these ideals, but i am not asking them, i am asking you why you think they might.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I did explain why I thought his self-promotion and the timing of his promotion of his religionist agenda was in poor taste.
    and asking whether the abduction and murder of an innocent women was for the
    greater good is in good taste? you owe the Christians here an apology.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 09:59
    ...what has led you to believe that they might think that its Gods will that she died or that it was for the greater good that she died, please explain.
    Christians talk about what must have been [and what mustn't have been] "God's will" all the time in the context of what they see as prayers that "work" and "unanswered prayers". KellyJay said that he didn't think it was "God's will" that Whitney Heichel die, so I asked KellyJay why He didn't respond to the prayers asking Him to intervene. I also asked KellyJay if the tragedy were somehow intended for the greater good - i.e. "in accordance with "God's will" - then why are there recriminations now.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Oct '12 10:02
    and asking whether the abduction and murder of an innocent women was for the greater good is in good taste?
    I was asking whether her death was perhaps for the greater good in so far as it was in accordance with "God's will". God declined to intervene after all, despite the prayers. Christians explain away terrible things as being "God's will" and thus "for the greater good" all the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree