1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 19:471 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Going to spread your false prophesies and false teachings Robbie? Swift destruction comes to those like the JWs ..

II Pet 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    Where's this destruction at? Is this a prophecy of yours? And we never deny Jesus or teach anything false, have never been prophets and never will be. But yes we have spoken against organized religions that claim to be doing the will of God but prove false to it power.
    Arean't you getting tired of posting the same thing over and over with no proof?
  2. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 20:16
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    we are not inspired prophets nor ever have been, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? secondly we have originated no prophesy, we have merely tried to understand prophecy's that were already written, not by us, but the inspired Bible writers, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT? what indeed is it about, 'WE ARE NOT INSPIRED PROPHETS NOR EVER HAVE BEEN' , that you are finding ...[text shortened]... o preaching and teaching in obedience to Christ's command, but have hid your talent away.
    interesting that you claim your organization to be growing yet locally I've seen three halls close down, yes its anecdotal evidence, but I am sure that true facts and figures can be found on the interwebz
  3. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 20:22
    I don't know why but watching Christians piss all over each other has always made me smile.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 20:59
    Going to spread your false prophesies and false teachings Robbie? Swift destruction comes to those like the JWs ..

II Pet 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
    Modern day christianity has nothing to do with the reality of the man Jesus, and the teachings of the Bible are a fabrication by motivated persons with their own agenda. (the ruling class at the time of the compilation of the bible about1700 yrs ago, and still being supported to the present day ) doesn,t anybody question the authority and creditability of this nonsense in the bible and koran!

Nothing has helped the cause of atheism more than the false doctrine of christianity, because of christianity, and also the teachings of islam, atheism is on the rise, because free thinkers reject all that nonsense.

As far as the pope goes, here is a man with zero knowledge of god and spirituality, in other words a first class bogus religious person.

vishva
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 21:52
    Originally posted by duecer
    interesting that you claim your organization to be growing yet locally I've seen three halls close down, yes its anecdotal evidence, but I am sure that true facts and figures can be found on the interwebz
    interesting is not the word, phenomenal is more like it, perhaps this demographic presentation may put your mind at ease,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:JWStats.png

please note we are a world wide organisation, therefore what you observe locally has no real bearing on anything, furthermore, its probable that shall attendan entirely different venue, because persons don't simply stop being publishers of the good news because a location changes or becomes unavailable.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 21:57
    you can get to see him for twenty pounds, per person, which apparently includes some kind of package, maybe an indulgence here an indulgence there, who can tell. I plan to sneak in and witness to him, hoping to bring him to an accurate knowledge of truth, wish me luck 🙂
    I cannot find any evidence that an indulgence has been granted for this event. Of course, a number of indulgences are already available to Catholics. For example, there is a plenary indulgence for the adoration of the Eucharist or reading the Scriptures for at least half an hour. Normally an indulgence is granted for events like World Youth Day but it does not appear that there is one for this papal visit.

As Lucifershammer said, the cost of attending the event can be paid by the parish. Understand that there are huge costs to this event and it is only fair that laypeople offset some of the expenses. Furthermore, the event is organised by the bishops of England, not the Vatican, and they are the ones collecting the money.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:061 edit
    You are a liar. The Watchtower of April 1st, 1972, page 197, had this statement,

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come?...These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?... This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of foot ...[text shortened]... as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah’s Christian witnesses...."
    No for there is no mention of any claims of inspiration, we have merely acted like a 'prophet', in that we have issued warning messages as did many of the ancient prophets of God. We have originated no prophecies, but simply tried to understand those that were already written in scripture. Please state in the article where it states that we claim inspiration. . . . . . what is that?, the hollow sound of your lie hitting the forum floor. Let me reiterate the point that seems to be evading you, for the last time

We are not inspired prophets and have never claimed to be inspired prophets, we have uttered no prophecies and have simply sought to understand prophecies already written.

the fact that we have phenomenal growth while you are sad history is proof enough that well, your just that, history.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:13
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I cannot find any evidence that an indulgence has been granted for this event. Of course, a number of indulgences are already available to Catholics. For example, there is a plenary indulgence for the adoration of the Eucharist or reading the Scriptures for at least half an hour. Normally an indulgence is granted for events like World Youth Day but it does ...[text shortened]... rganised by the bishops of England, not the Vatican, and they are the ones collecting the money.
    i was making fun, simply speculating as to what the package may include. What i fail to understand is why anyone would want to go to see the Pope, what difference shall it make to their lives? Shall the Pontifex Maximus have some words of encouragement so that he shall make a difference? It seems to me like a kind of cult of personality, like visiting the Dalia Lama or something. Perhaps you can help me understand it, for i was really thinking about it today and could come up with nothing.

As for the costs, well security and policing have to be provided for by the public and local government, for apparently he gets through as being a head of state, how very convenient 🙂
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:14
    No for there is no mention of any claims of inspiration, we have merely acted like a 'prophet', ...
    The JWs called themselves JEHOVAH'S PROPHET.

If you CALL YOURSELVES Jehovah's Prophet it means you think you are inspired. All your prophesies are false.

Christ condemned you in the strongest language.
    Your organisation is a fraud.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:15
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    I don't know that an indulgence has been announced for any of these events, but I could be wrong.

AFAIK, it's £25 (for venue, security etc.) and, if you cannot afford it, your parish or diocese would gladly pick up the bill.
    At those prices you could literally feed opium to the masses.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:16
    i was making fun, simply speculating as to what the package may include. What i fail to understand is why anyone would want to go to see the Pope, what difference shall it make to their lives? Shall the Pontifex Maximus have some words of encouragement so that he shall make a difference? It seems to me like a kind of cult of personality, like visi ...[text shortened]... ocal government, for apparently he gets through as being a head of state, how very convenient 🙂
    That's really a fantastic insight into your mind. You can only think in terms of 'What can I get out of it?'
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:263 edits
    The JWs called themselves JEHOVAH'S PROPHET.

If you CALL YOURSELVES Jehovah's Prophet it means you think you are inspired. All your prophesies are false.

Christ condemned you in the strongest language.
    Your organisation is a fraud.
    where do we claim inspiration, i want to hear you say it, where ? all the rest is just your hatred and prejudice, where do we claim inspiration, the fact of the matter is, you will not find it, because its not there,

we have never claimed to be inspired prophets, the watchtower magazine has never claimed to be inspired, we have originated no prophecies. let me repeat this last statement for the very last time, so as you get its import, we have merely sought to understand prophecies ALREADY WRITTEN, IN THE BIBLE.

So why are we being so blessed with such phenomenal growth while you're churches are full of old ladies? let me answer that shall I?

(Matthew 7:15-20) . . .“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.  By their fruits you will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they?  Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit;  a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit.  Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire.  Really, then, by their fruits you will recognize those men.

what is the fruitage of Christendoms churches? war and violence on an unprecedented scale, paedophilia on an unprecedented scale, greed and corruption on an unprecedented scale, the blessing of homosexual acts, meddling in politics, adoption of anti scriptural doctrines and beliefs etc etc etc. what did Christ state, a good tree cannot produce worthless fruit, leaving you and Christendom where? i think the prophecy speaks for itself.

now if you don't mind i really do have better things to do than discuss well, your iniquities.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:31
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    That's really a fantastic insight into your mind. You can only think in terms of 'What can I get out of it?'
    i think that's a bit strong, after all i was out today, sacrificing my time, my energies, in the rain, at my own personal cost trying to help others to understand the Bible. Yes indeed, am i not entitled to ask of what practical benefit is his visit, otherwise i am forced to conclude that it is a purely futile act and i would be better off going somewhere else, like the museum, where at least i would learn something. Perhaps you can now answer the question which you have sought to evade?
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:38
    where do we claim inspiration, i want to hear you say it, where ? ...
    Saying you are Gods Prophet is saying you are from God and therefore inspired by God or sent by God.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Sep '10 22:42
    Saying you are Gods Prophet is saying you are from God and therefore inspired by God or sent by God.
    we have never claimed to be inspired prophets, the watchtower magazine has never claimed to be inspired, we have originated no prophecies. let me repeat this last statement for the very very very very last time, so as you get its import, we have merely sought to understand prophecies ALREADY WRITTEN, IN THE BIBLE.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree