Preaching / Believing

Preaching / Believing

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
02 Oct 18

Should someone preach about Jesus, and the requirement to follow Him, along with doing good works.....if that person does not believe in Jesus, or God?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Oct 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @chaney3
Should someone preach about Jesus, and the requirement to follow Him, along with doing good works.....if that person does not believe in Jesus, or God?
What about Y - O - U ?

Why assign the task to someone else?
Are you afraid of owning the concept as your own?

c

Moves
03 Oct 18

Originally posted by @sonship
What about Y - O - U ?

Why assign the task to someone else?
Are you afraid of owning the concept as your own?
What do you mean exactly?
That I should preach?

F

Moves
03 Oct 18

If one believes that there is life after death attainable under certain circumstances, one should pay attention to that; if one believes that this life we live is it, and that there is no knowledge of life after death, one should pay attention to the human condition and its future. To the people in the latter camp, Jesus offers some good ideas but his take on it is hardly essential and probably only needs to be consumed and considered rather than 'preached'.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Oct 18
1 edit

What do you mean exactly?
That I should preach?

If someone should preach it, why not you be that someone?

The first time I read this it appeared to me as "Someone should".

If you didn't change it then I read it wrong.
How do you like that?

Anyway, you can still do the job if you're so clear as you know what needs to be said.

c

Moves
03 Oct 18

Originally posted by @sonship

If someone should preach it, why not you be that someone?

The first time I read this it appeared to me as "Someone should".

If you didn't change it then I read it wrong.
How do y ...[text shortened]... that?

Anyway, you can still do the job if you're so clear as you know what needs to be said.
Lol, I made no edits.
I was wondering why you appeared to be scolding me? Lol.

It's likely that your frustration with ThinkOfOne spilled into this thread?

c

Moves
03 Oct 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
If one believes that there is life after death attainable under certain circumstances, one should pay attention to that; if one believes that this life we live is it, and that there is no knowledge of life after death, one should pay attention to the human condition and its future. To the people in the latter camp, Jesus offers some good ideas but his take on i ...[text shortened]... s hardly essential and probably only needs to be consumed and considered rather than 'preached'.
Obviously my question pertains to ThinkOfOne and Rajk999 who feel comfortable preaching what Jesus said, without 'owning' whether or not they even believe in God....or Jesus.

Edit: it was obvious to me, but maybe not to others. Just wanted to clarify.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Oct 18

People do that all the time.

c

Moves
03 Oct 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
People do that all the time.
Like who?
Can you elaborate?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Oct 18

Like who?
Can you elaborate?
It isn't a matter of denomination it is a matter of Jesus Christ and us. There are many
people who have religion and none of them have Jesus Christ in their lives. I'd be willing
to bet there are more people with religion than Jesus Christ. Jesus came that we might
have life and that more abundantly, He is that Life, there is only one way to God and
Jesus is that way. This means He actually has to be in your life, "in your life", this through
His grace we accept Him into us by faith, to walk out our lives with Him.

If all you have are a set of rules, and rituals, if that could have been enough for God, why
why did Jesus need to die? All we would have needed was just set of rules to obey. If its
love, if its God's love, well you need God for that we cannot produce that on our own. It
is always God and us, it is Jesus and us, without Him we are, well where we are.

John 10:10
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

John 7:39
Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

Acts 2:38
And Peter said to them, “Repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:11
If the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit who dwells in you.

1 Corinthians 6:11
And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Philippians 1:18-20 English Standard Version (ESV)
18 What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed, and in that I rejoice. Yes, and I will rejoice, 19 for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, 20 as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
03 Oct 18

Like who?
Can you elaborate?
I try not to worry about "like who" I prefer to trust God to sort out His own. If we are walking
out our faith it can be messy, God is changing lives of sinners into a people following
God's Spirit. I'm not always good at it, but I try not to judge someone else' servant they do
not answer to me, we all answer to God.

F

Moves
03 Oct 18

Obviously my question pertains to ThinkOfOne and Rajk999 who feel comfortable preaching what Jesus said, without 'owning' whether or not they even believe in God....or Jesus.
What I posted was a response to your question.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Oct 18
2 edits

It's likely that your frustration with ThinkOfOne spilled into this thread?

That is entirely possible. Although I think someone else could be the trigger.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
No.

(That's as concise as I can be.)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
05 Oct 18

@chaney3 said
what ? like you?