Predestination. True or false?

Predestination. True or false?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Dont blow it Dive, otherwise the man is going to go home.
Yep the pooo gets pretty deep here a times.

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
@divegeester

Ok buddy here ya go. Now before I decided to use up my time on you I'm hoping you can respect this and keep some of your usual comments to yourself. If you cannot be respectful then this is it. My time is valuable and if you can't respect the process of this forum that's your problem. So here is a chance, don't blow it.
What are you on about?

There’s a bunch of scriptures detailing the factuality of predestination which you have said that you “don’t believe”.

Now your feathers are all ruffled.

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
@divegeester
Just do a little research online about predestination....
I prefer the half a dozen scriptures I gave you, thanks.

Other than you saying you don’t believe them, which I believe that you don’t, I’m not sure what online research it is you want me to do?

Moves
16 Jan 22
1 edit

@galveston75 said
@divegeester
First if predestination ruled it all then why pray?
Galveston75 here are some biblical references for you to “research” and “pray” about, please let me know what you think of them.

Ephesians 1:4-5
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory

Revelation 13:8
And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
"Predestination, in Christian theology, is the doctrine that all events have been willed by God, usually with reference to the eventual fate of the individual soul." Wikipedia
Reaching for Wikipedia rather than facing up to biblical scripture Galveston75…dear me.

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
No I'm not saying not o pray. I'm speaking about the predestination and what that means if it were true.
Actually you really would be better off praying and studying the scriptures I’ve given you, rather than reaching for Wikipedia Galveston75.

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
No I don't believe in it at all.
Such unbelief…and from one of the 144,000 too!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
16 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Such unbelief…and from one of the 144,000 too!
Believe as you want.....

PI
LEROYBROWN

south side of chitow

Moves
16 Jan 22

Explain how this is even loosely related to chess?

Moves
16 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
Believe as you want.....
Thank for that.

What do you think of the scriptures I gave you?

G

Moves
17 Jan 22

False
I don't believe in anything.
I used to believe, but changed. So predestination is moot.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
17 Jan 22

@divegeester said
Thank for that.

What do you think of the scriptures I gave you?
They are great scriptures. But they are not saying what you think they are. The bible does not teach predestination and neither do those. If you knew the bible more thorough you would not have the misunderstandings you do. Sorry.....

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
They are great scriptures. But they are not saying what you think they are. The bible does not teach predestination and neither do those. If you knew the bible more thorough you would not have the misunderstandings you do. Sorry.....
They are saying what?

Moves
17 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
They are great scriptures. But they are not saying what you think they are. The bible does not teach predestination and neither do those.
Care to explain what these scripture mean then, other than what is unequivocally written?

Ephesians 1:4-5
Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will

Romans 8:29
For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

Matthew 22:14
For many are called, but few are chosen

Ephesians 1:11-12
In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory

Revelation 13:8
And all who dwell on earth will worship it, everyone whose name has not been written before the foundation of the world in the book of life of the Lamb who was slain

Moves
17 Jan 22

@galveston75 said
If you knew the bible more thorough you would not have the misunderstandings you do.
Oh don’t run away!

How is it you can “swallow the camel” of the demands for child sacrifice by your god based on virtually no scripture at all… and yet you refuse to believe this “fly” of predestination based on several scriptures?