1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 09:55
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You’re the one claiming it is morally correct in the OT and yet it is not moral acceptable to you now. The onus is on you to explain your claims and desist from just asking questions in your usual defection tactic.
    Before we move on, do you agree or disagree that for a Christian, an action is morally acceptable if God commands it?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 10:011 edit
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Before we move on, do you agree or disagree that for a Christian, an action is morally acceptable if God commands it?
    No we are not answering your questions. The onus is on you to refute the argument and get yourself out of the corner you have painted yourself into. Carry on...

Edit hi suzianne 😉
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 10:082 edits
    No we are not answering your questions. The onus is on you to refute the argument and get yourself out of the corner you have painted yourself into. Carry on...
    If you are not willing to agree to terms on establishing some middle ground we will continue to talk past each other because when I use the term ‘morally acceptable’ I am referring to behavior that is in line with scripture. When you use the term ‘morally acceptable’ you are referring to what exactly? Personal or public opinion of what entails moral behavior?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 10:50
    If you are not willing to agree to terms on establishing some middle ground we will continue to talk past each other because when I use the term ‘morally acceptable’ I am referring to behavior that is in line with scripture. When you use the term ‘morally acceptable’ you are referring to what exactly? Personal or public opinion of what entails moral behavior?
    Within your own definition, the one you have been using to argue your silly premise in here for over a year, whatever definition that suits you, any definition that prevents you wriggling and squirming, hemming and hawing, dodging and ducking...whatever....

Is the stoning of homosexuals universally morally acceptable? Yes or no?
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 12:08
    A “yes” answer is often - or eventually - followed by an assertion that it is in the nature of God to command only moral acts. This sometimes leads to the Eurythphro Dilemma and around we go...
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 12:09
    Within your own definition, the one you have been using to argue your silly premise in here for over a year, whatever definition that suits you, any definition that prevents you wriggling and squirming, hemming and hawing, dodging and ducking...whatever....

Explain what you mean by ‘morally acceptable’. I have told you what I mean to say when I use the term, what does it mean to you?
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 12:12
    Originally posted by @js357
    A “yes” answer is often - or eventually - followed by an assertion that it is in the nature of God to command only moral acts. This sometimes leads to the Eurythphro Dilemma and around we go...
    If an action is not moral because God says so, is it moral because we say so?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Nov '17 15:16
    Explain what you mean by ‘morally acceptable’. I have told you what I mean to say when I use the term, what does it mean to you?
    Lol.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 03:56

I refer you back to my answer the last time you asked the question.
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 08:28
    Is it moral or immoral to only give gifts to children who have been good all year?
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 08:31
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Is it moral or immoral to only give gifts to children who have been good all year?
    Neither, it's personal preference.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 16:52
    No.
  13. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    27 Nov '17 19:11
    Neither, it's personal preference.
    If an action is not moral because Santa says so, is it moral because we say so?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 04:00
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    If an action is not moral because Santa says so, is it moral because we say so?
    If 'good' and 'evil' are merely terms that describe the actions that the majority like or dislike, why should the minority adhere to the personal preferences of the majority?
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    28 Nov '17 05:49
    If 'good' and 'evil' are merely terms that describe the actions that the majority like or dislike, why should the minority adhere to the personal preferences of the majority?
    Santa's morals are objective. He is the standard by which gifts are measured by.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree