Question to any JW

Question to any JW

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No no. You say that all christian churches can be called cults. And I agree. But now we are talking about the JW cult. I understand your words perfectly.

If only robbie can agree with you too...
But.....I know we are not a cult so I don't agree with your thought about us.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by divegeester
You would really do that...?

Everyday you negatively surprise me.

😞
I'm sure it would all depend on the person and the circumstances.

Warning, warning!!!! This is pasted info that could educate you but I know you hate them so here is fair warning.....

Insight Book #1.

GLUTTON
A selfish, greedy person given to excessive indulgence, especially voracious eating. Gluttony in any form is diametrically opposed to Bible precepts and principles.

Under the Mosaic Law, parents of an incorrigible son who was a glutton and a drunkard were to bring him to the older men of the city, who would have him stoned to death. (De 21:18-21) As a warning to others, the Proverbs condemned even association with gluttons: “One having companionship with gluttons humiliates his father.” “Do not come to be among heavy drinkers of wine, among those who are gluttonous eaters of flesh. For a drunkard and a glutton will come to poverty, and drowsiness will clothe one with mere rags.” (Pr 28:7; 23:20, 21) The Hebrew term here used for “glutton” and ‘gluttonous eater’ is zoh‧lel′. The basic sense of the word is possibly “be lavish,” that is, wasteful, prodigal.—Compare De 21:20, ftn.

In an effort to discredit Jesus Christ, one of the charges of slander hurled at him by his opponents was: “Look! A man gluttonous and given to drinking wine.” Jesus simply refuted the false charge by saying, “Wisdom is proved righteous by its works” or “by all its children.” (Mt 11:19; Lu 7:34, 35) In other words, Jesus was saying, ‘Look at my righteous works and conduct and you will know the charge is false.’

Gluttony certainly has no place in the Christian congregation, and the apostle Paul wanted to make sure it would not creep in. So, when leaving Titus in Crete to look after the young Christian organization there, he reminded Titus what one of Crete’s own prophets (thought to have been Epimenides, a Cretan poet of the sixth century B.C.E.), had said: “Cretans are always liars, injurious wild beasts, unemployed gluttons [literally, bellies].” Therefore, the overseers whom Titus would appoint, Paul said, should be men free of all such accusations, men who were not drunkards or greedy and who had good self-control.—Tit 1:5-12.

Although not listed separately as a ‘work of the flesh,’ gluttony often accompanies drunken bouts and revelries, and it is certainly included in the comprehensive expression “things like these,” the practicers of which “will not inherit God’s kingdom.” (Ga 5:19, 21) Moderation in eating habits, as in all other activities, is a Christian virtue.—1Ti 3:2, 11.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Feb 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Nope....But if your going where I think your going, this scripture does not apply to ones who may have health problems or genitic problems that causes them to be over weight. Look up the meaning of a glutten and hopefully you'll get the point of why a glutten could be removed from the congregation.
Less than 1% of people who are overweight are so as result of a medical problem. The rest just use that as an excuse instead of facing up to the consequences of their own actions. So you don't remove fatties from your congregation, but i bet you wouldn't hesitate to remove someone who drank too much. With one third of Americans being obese, i would imagine congregations would plummet if overweight people were removed. Who would pay the bills?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Less than 1% of people who are overweight are so as result of a medical problem. The rest just use that as an excuse instead of facing up to the consequences of their own actions. So you don't remove fatties from your congregation, but i bet you wouldn't hesitate to remove someone who drank too much. With one third of Americans being obese, i would imagine congregations would plummet if overweight people were removed. Who would pay the bills?
so all persons who are overweight are so because they are gluttons????? another
monstrous and epic FAIL, there are many factors to being overweight none of which
can be directly traceable to gluttony, lack of exercise, wrong types of food, comfort
eating, etc etc nor does being skinny demonstrate a lack of being a glutton, one can
binge drink and remain skinny, all in all, a rather weak argument you make here PK,
gluttony is a spiritual problem not a physical one for it demonstrates a lack of self
control, see the Gmans most excellent and awesome post!

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12

I'm sure it would all depend on the person and the circumstances.

Warning, warning!!!! This is pasted info that could educate you but I know you hate them so here is fair warning.....

Insight Book #1.

GLUTTON
A selfish, greedy person given to excessive indulgence, especially voracious eating. Gluttony i ...[text shortened]... 1) Moderation in eating habits, as in all other activities, is a Christian virtue.—1Ti 3:2, 11.
the light, its too beautiful! 🙂

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
monstrous and epic FAIL, there are many factors to being overweight none of which
can be directly traceable to gluttony, lack of exercise, wrong types of food, comfort
eating, etc etc nor does being skinny demonstrate a lack of being a glutton, one can
binge drink ...[text shortened]... one for it demonstrates a lack of self
Is he for real? Where is the simple reasoning and common sense to figure this out himself? He would say the earth has no life on it if we said "the earth has life on it" just to argue ...Lol

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Oh so now your a health expert? I didn't know that!!!! Congrats on those studies.

F

Moves
03 Feb 12

But.....I know we are not a cult so I don't agree with your thought about us.
You wrote earlier in this thread that "all religions are a cult" so if JW cult is not a cult , then it is not a religion. I think you prefer to call JW cult is a religion, therfore i think you don't lie when you you said it is a cult.

Of course JW cult is a cult! And you know it. You said so!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
03 Feb 12
3 edits

We still haven't got to the root of question in the OP...

Is it possible for a non JW person to enter the heaven or live on the paradise earth JW's speak of?

What I think I read earlier in the thread is:

Heaven = NO, exclusive to a selection of [144,000] members of the JW organisation only, irrespective of whatever kind of righteous life they (the non JW that is) may have led by following Jesus Christ. Therefore, you MUST be a member of the JW organisation to get into heaven - irrespective of anything else.

Paradise earth = POSSIBLY, but only if they have not rejected the chance to join the JW organisation when they were alive; and subject to the person successfully passing some further judgement from the JW god, and again irrespective of whatever kind of righteous life they may have led following Jesus Christ.

Is this correct JWs?

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12
5 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
We still haven't got to the root of question in the OP...

[b]Is it possible for a non JW person to enter the heaven or live on the paradise earth JW's speak of?

What I think I read earlier in the thread is:

Heaven = NO, exclusive to a selection of [144,000] members of the JW organisation only, irrespective of whatever kind of righteous l ...[text shortened]... r kind of righteous life they may have led following Jesus Christ.

Is this correct JWs?[/b]
i refuse to believe you really are that stupid, in fact, i think you are just being
obstinate. It has been explained to you, now for possibly the fourth or fifth time that
there is to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

What this means is, that countless untold millions of persons who never knew who
Christ was, who never knew what Gods purposes were, who never heard of
Jehovahs witness, who are not Jehovah witnesses, will be resurrected into the
paradise and given the opportunity to learn these things.

what this has to do with entering heaven, i have really no idea, clearly the Bible
states that if you have a heavenly hope, then you will be a king and a priest. This
hope was only made after Christ ascended to heaven, no one before Jesus who
lived and died had gone to heaven, Jesus clearly makes this plain.

(John 3:13) . . .Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended
from heaven, the Son of man. . .

therefore the hope of going to heaven was only opened up to persons after Christ
ascended to heaven, clearly then, there are many persons who are not part of the
modern day organisation, who have gone to heaven, the apostles of Christ for one,
who these people are, only they themselves and God know. Your question is
therefore on this basis rather stupid, for we are not God. Again this has been told to
you numerous times and i would be pleased if you stopped wasting our time or
alternatively, read the text and try to assimilate it.

and lastly and now for the third time, only those who are doing Gods will will survive
Armageddon,(the great tribulation), again this is Biblically substantiated, which
rather incredulously, you have no idea of despite it being taught be Jesus. We think
that this is Jehovahs witnesses for we are the only ones evangelising (Joel 2:32
those calling upon the name of Jehovah will be saved, i.e. those evangelising) after
the manner of the Christ, feel free to disagree and point out any another group.

In summary,

1. Untold countless millions of person who were not, are not and have never been
Jehovah's witnesses will be resurrected into the paradise and given the opportunity
to learn about God.

2. Only God knows who those persons are who are destined for heaven. No one
before Christ entered into heaven.

3. Only those doing Gods will shall be saved during the great tribulation, we think
that it is us because we are the ones evangelising.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

Is he for real? Where is the simple reasoning and common sense to figure this out himself? He would say the earth has no life on it if we said "the earth has life on it" just to argue ...Lol
He's a musician, sometimes hes 'away with the fairies ', as we say! Its the only excuse i can think of.

rc

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
You wrote earlier in this thread that "all religions are a cult" so if JW cult is not a cult , then it is not a religion. I think you prefer to call JW cult is a religion, therfore i think you don't lie when you you said it is a cult.

Of course JW cult is a cult! And you know it. You said so!
is this really the best you can do, no references, no substantiating reasoning, mere
tabloid style journalism and toilet graphiti style text? I guess it really is the best you
can do.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Feb 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
binge drink ...[text shortened]... one for it demonstrates a lack of self
People become overweight because they eat more food than their body needs. That's a simple plain as day idiot proof fact. They over-indulge frequently.

I'm sure you're congregation would remove someone who over frequently indulged with alcohol, but if someone frequently over indulged with food and began piling on the pounds?! No one would batter an eyelid would they. That Rob, is nothing more than rank hypocrisy.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Feb 12
1 edit

You're such a condescending prick.

Are you overweight?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
03 Feb 12

Oh so now your a health expert? I didn't know that!!!! Congrats on those studies.
Where have i claimed to be a health expert? Can you quote me the text?! Nope, because you pulled it out your big fat arse.

Can you type anything without coming across as a condescending patronising tosser?