"Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I suggest you take up the Young Earth theology thing with people who believe in it.
My only interest in the age of the earth pertained to correcting the false assertion that the Bible said it was 6,000 years old.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @romans1009
My only interest in the age of the earth pertained to correcting the false assertion that the Bible said it was 6,000 years old.
You should tackle the proponents of the view that the Bible indicates the earth is only a few years old. I believe those proponents include 40-45% of American Christians. vivify is not one of them.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

You should tackle the proponents of the view that the Bible indicates the earth is only a few years old. I believe those proponents include 40-45% of American Christians. vivify is not one of them.
But vivify falsely asserted that the Bible said the earth was 6,000 years old. I was just pointing out the error.

This really has nothing to do with you so I’m not really sure why you’re persisting in posting about it

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

But vivify falsely asserted that the Bible said the earth was 6,000 years old. I was just pointing out the error.

This really has nothing to do with you so I’m not really sure why you’re persisting in posting about it
I am sure that vivify is fully aware that Christians disagree about the age of the earth and that you do not speak for them all. You should perhaps go to a Christian website and point out the error, as you see it, to those Christians who disagree with you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

I am sure that vivify is fully aware that Christians disagree about the age of the earth and that you do not speak for them all. You should perhaps go to a Christian website and point out the error, as you see it, to those Christians who disagree with you.
You’re trying in vain to cloud the issue. This had to do with a false assertion about what the Bible says.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

You’re trying in vain to cloud the issue. This had to do with a false assertion about what the Bible says.
You should take it up with YEC Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

You should take it up with YEC Christians.
LOL

You apparently can’t let this go.

I’m not interested in the subject. I was interested in what was an obviously false assertion about the Bible.

But go on repeating yourself ad nauseam.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @vivify
a) The word is "implicating"
b) Of course the bible doesn't have a remedy for tyranny; it has instructions on how to become tyrants by committing genocide and enslaving surrounding nations.
c) The bible doesn't need to be a science book; but the claims it does have shouldn't be factually wrong (global flood, six thousand year age of earth, etc.).
(a) Sure, indicating was awkward there.

(b) LOL, what edge! No point in confronting this, though, because we both know it isn't a serious statement.

(c) The original Hebrew word in reference to the flood could actually imply either a localized flood or the whole of the world.the word and context aren't specific enough.

Pantheist and detractor from religion, who was branded a heretic, had pointed this fact out long ago -- check out Baruch Spinoza sometime.

The Bible also does not claim that the Earth is six thousand year sold. That is one extrapolation that man has made from it.

S. Korea

Moves
19 Mar 18

Originally posted by @vivify
a) The word is "implicating"
b) Of course the bible doesn't have a remedy for tyranny; it has instructions on how to become tyrants by committing genocide and enslaving surrounding nations.
c) The bible doesn't need to be a science book; but the claims it does have shouldn't be factually wrong (global flood, six thousand year age of earth, etc.).
I take that back on (a)...

The proper word would actually have been "Are you indicting the Bible ... etc."

But autocorrect got me on the phone.

It's OK. It's OK>

How could you have known. But in the context it is pretty obvious.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

I’m not interested in the subject. I was interested in what was an obviously false assertion about the Bible.
As for what countless Christians believe the Bible says, vivify is simply taking those Christians' word for it.

The "false" angle with regard to this belief in what the Bible says is an issue between Christians ~ many of whom, I am sure, like to attach the word "obviously" to whatever dogmas they happen to hold to be true.

But vivify is not a Christian. I am sure he or she takes your word for it when you assert that the Bible does not indicate that the earth is only a few thousand years old.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

As for what countless Christians believe the Bible says, vivify is simply taking those Christians' word for it.

The "false" angle with regard to this belief in what the Bible says is an issue between Christians ~ many of whom, I am sure, like to attach the word "obviously" to whatever dogmas they happen to hold to be true.

But vivify is not a Christian. ...[text shortened]... hen you assert that the Bible does not indicate that the earth is only a few thousand years old.
The Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old nor does it state any age for the earth. You can try to massage vivify’s false assertion until the cows come home, but it remains a false assertion.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

The Bible does not say the earth is 6,000 years old nor does it state any age for the earth. You can try to massage vivify’s false assertion until the cows come home, but it remains a false assertion.
The argument is between you and millions upon millions of your fellow Christians.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

The argument is between you and millions upon millions of your fellow Christians.
Not at all. Everyone who knows anything about the Bible knows it does not state an age for the earth. YEC concede this and that the 6,000-year-old figure is manufactured.

F

Moves
19 Mar 18

Not at all. Everyone who knows anything about the Bible knows it does not state an age for the earth. YEC concede this and that the 6,000-year-old figure is manufactured.
vivify was merely restating a widely held Christian belief. It's the Christians who hold that belief that you should be taking issue with, not vivify.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 18

vivify was merely restating a widely held Christian belief. It's the Christians who hold that belief that you should be taking issue with, not vivify.
Not at all. He was making a false statement about the Bible. I was just pointing that out.

Not interested in continuing this conversation as I suspect you’re just trolling out of boredom.