1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 13:00
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Edit: “Really it couldn’t be someone who doesn’t believe in God, doesn’t know Him, has instead misconceptions about God in his head that don’t reflect God’s true nature or being?”

It could be, but I spent years in studying and meditating deeply on the Word and I know perfectly well what I know herenow and what I am talking about.
    It is my knowledg ...[text shortened]... t in accordance with the way these passages are perceived by the Orthodox fathers. No big deal😵
    For one He is real and doesn’t depend on my acceptance, acknowledging Him, or anything else. Your study doesn’t change anything, neither does your insight into someone you only believe resides in the brains of those you think have similar gods in their brains, the ones they make up.

God is real, those gods people makeup, those you have insight into which leaves you missing the truth.
  2. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 13:37
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    For one He is real and doesn’t depend on my acceptance, acknowledging Him, or anything else. Your study doesn’t change anything, neither does your insight into someone you only believe resides in the brains of those you think have similar gods in their brains, the ones they make up.

God is real, those gods people makeup, those you have insight into which leaves you missing the truth.
    Do you ever read what your interlocutors say, Kellyjay?

Did I say that according to the Christian dogma G-d is not real? Since I do not say this, why you distort what I really say and then you argue as if I said it?

Next: Your response is irrelevant to what I argue. Would you be so kind to answer to what I actually said as regards the Christian thesis about G-d's immanence and G-d's transcendental nature?
    😵
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Nov '17 15:41
    Do you ever read what your interlocutors say, Kellyjay?

Did I say that according to the Christian dogma G-d is not real? Since I do not say this, why you distort what I really say and then you argue as if I said it?

Next: Your response is irrelevant to what I argue. Would you be so kind to answer to what I actually said as regards the Christian thesis about G-d's immanence and G-d's transcendental nature?
    😵
    Haven’t you admitted to being an Atheist? If so you always start viewing all things through that view point of view. You cast aspersions upon Christian view points telling me how flawed they are and I simply bring it back around. I am not distorting anything.

I would also point out to you when I ask you specific questions you don’t respond to them, you go about sharing whatever comes to your mind ignoring my query just to get another one of your points across.

Which is one of the main reasons I find you difficult to talk to.
  4. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 09:05
    Haven’t you admitted to being an Atheist? If so you always start viewing all things through that view point of view. You cast aspersions upon Christian view points telling me how flawed they are and I simply bring it back around. I am not distorting anything.

I would also point out to you when I ask you specific questions you don’t respond to them, you ...[text shortened]... one of your points across.

Edit: Haven’t you admitted to being an Atheist? If so you always start viewing all things through that view point of view. You cast aspersions upon Christian view points telling me how flawed they are and I simply bring it back around. I am not distorting anything.

I think it is irrelevant if I am an atheist or not, just as it is irrelevant if you are a cosmologist or not when you offer your opinion about “how did the Universe came into being”, or just as it is irrelevant if you are a philosopher when you examine deeply if there is “Purpose” or not in Kosmos, or just as it is irrelevant if you are a chemist or not when you offer your opinion about the framework and the setup of the Miller-Urey experiment.
    In my opinion, the crucial factor is not what one holds as true to oneself, but whether one is using accurately or falsely the given facts and evidence –and this is the case right now.

Since the Bible is meant to judge one’s experience rather than the other way around, I gave you considerable reasoning as regards the way the issue we are talking about is analyzed by me in the context of the Orthodox Greek Church hermeneutics. I backed up this exegesis with specific passages and verses, I offered my personal understanding, and all I get is distortion, deflection and a negative attitude. Even now you insist that I cast aspersions upon Christian views telling you how flawed they are!

However, I do not cast aspersions –because I am aware of the fact that the countless Christian denominations are all based on different hermeneutics. This is the reason why I always acknowledge and explain that my personal understanding of the Bible is grounded strictly on specific Christian Churches and on my personal evaluation of the mind. I never claimed that the Orthodox Greek hermeneutics are some sort of absolute truth.

So, I really don’t know what exactly “you bring back around”. Even now, you do not address my points in the context of the discussion –you twist and turn in order to offer not your educated exegesis and your source. Why is that? Is it because I am an atheist, or because you are absolutely free to behave exactly according to the evaluation of your mind?
    😵
  5. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 09:06

I would also point out to you when I ask you specific questions you don’t respond to them, you ...[text shortened]... one of your points across.

Edit: “I would also point out to you when I ask you specific questions you don’t respond to them, you go about sharing whatever comes to your mind ignoring my query just to get another one of your points across.”

I always answer your questions, Kellyjay, but perhaps I am wrong.
    Kindly please tell me what specific questions of yours I answered not; I will be more than glad to answer them and stand corrected.
    😵
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 10:26
    Edit: Haven’t you admitted to being an Atheist? If so you always start viewing all things through that view point of view. You cast aspersions upon Christian view points telling me how flawed they are and I simply bring it back around. I am not distorting anything.

I think it is irrelevant if I am an atheist or not, just as it is irrelevant if you ...[text shortened]... because you are absolutely free to behave exactly according to the evaluation of your mind?
    😵
    How can anything like your beginning foundational view of all not enter into all you judge
    as viable, truthful, or meaningful in anyway? It is a little stunning to see you say that you
    think its irrelevant you have atheistic belief and then look at the universe and say I see no
    need for God. It is simply using your filters that you put up for judgment and seeing what
    you want to see, bias before you even begin any evaluation.

Looking at experiments wouldn't be different, data is data, that doesn't change with the
    watching; however, your possible conclusions would without a doubt would be altered.
    Facts remain facts, as does the evidence, they don't change as the universe doesn't
    when you view it and I do. You can remain true to your foundational views, that doesn't
    mean you are looking at things the way they really are, being true to your point of view
    only means you cannot be shown anything you might be wrong about and see the error
    within you.

The Bible and the universe are beyond my ability to alter with my point of view yes, both
    are plum lines of truth, the reality of them doesn't change due to my opinion on either.
    that said, I can look at both and come up with wrong conclusions on both, but that means
    I'm at error not the universe or scripture.

I'm not twisting your point of view, I'm sharing with you what I see when I hear you
    go over your operating process of looking at the universe.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 10:27
    Edit: “I would also point out to you when I ask you specific questions you don’t respond to them, you go about sharing whatever comes to your mind ignoring my query just to get another one of your points across.”

Kindly please tell me what specific questions of yours I answered not; I will be more than glad to answer them and stand corrected.
    😵
    No time, have to get ready for work, maybe later.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 11:22
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Despite what some may think I do try to respect other' faiths or lack of.
    If I goto the KRSNA farm I will observe their guidelines for their place for a smooth visit. Same with other places like some aboriginals from Ulluru and the Tibetan monk I sat with.
    All had their own guidelines of the ins and outs of being in their company.
    Problem with Chr ...[text shortened]... nd the good that it brings..

Apparently Jesus powers my sons computer. Now that is powerful !
    Methinks respect is cultivated by extreme attention emerging from a sense of deep compassion and from the absence of pride and egoism, which are in turn brought up by the annihilation of the “I”.

It is my knowledge that attention presupposes the proper evaluation of the mind; and that the ownership of respect on the basis of deep compassion constitutes the cornerstone of one’s mental faculty activated in the realm of love😵
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 12:36

😵
    By the way I am sure I have done the same thing to you and others. Please call me out on it when I do.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 12:572 edits
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    That is pretty much how we feel about your monologues.
    His monologues are mild compared to sonship. THAT dude LOVES to talk. And talk. And Talk. I'm sure you noticed. Kelly is for sure stuck into Christianity but he is not a proselytizer like you know who.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 13:01
    How can anything like your beginning foundational view of all not enter into all you judge
    as viable, truthful, or meaningful in anyway? It is a little stunning to see you say that you
    think its irrelevant you have atheistic belief and then look at the universe and say I see no
    need for God. It is simply using your filters that you put up for judgment a ...[text shortened]... with you what I see when I hear you
    Edit: "How can… …bias before you even begin any evaluation."

As I explained you repeatedly earlier at other threads, I hold no foundational views which are not strictly provisional herenow. I also repeat once more that I hold not some kind of atheistic belief herenow, just as I hold not some kind of theistic belief herenow.
    Therefore I do not accept as “Absolute Truth” any religious doctrine that is grounded on the de facto existence of G-d; I also do not accept as “Absolute Truth” the scientific theories of reality that are proved true in practice, for the causes and conditions on which they are grounded may in the future hold no more. Clearly, whatever I happen to perceive I hold it strictly provisionally.

Now you argue that I judge and see everything strictly “through my filters” and that I have bias before I even begin an evaluation. However, in fact I have no “filters” other than my own bodymind and my 6 senses. My filters and yours, are the same. Different is just the way we subjectively evaluate the reality we subjectively perceive.

This difference is grounded on the fact that you accept as ad infinitum validated theory of reality the Scripture and the “Absolute Truth” is implies, while I accept as provisionally true strictly the validated in practice and the viable scientific theories of reality, along with the subjective products of my conceptual and non-conceptual awareness. No big deal😵
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 13:02
    need for God. It is simply using your filters that you put up for judgment a ...[text shortened]... with you what I see when I hear you
    Edit: “Looking… …you might be wrong about and see the error within you.”

I set aside the fact that you well know I never said I change reality thanks to my view alone. You also know I never said that “I am looking things the way they really are”. I keep up repeating you that the sole reality any sentient being can conceive, is simply the reality it can perceive and decipher on the basis of the way its bodymind and senses are hard-wired to the Physical World that surrounds us all, Kellyjay! The sole “error” of every sentient being is the fact that it cannot conceive Kosmos holistically.

So, if you have a way other than your bodymind and your 6 senses in order to conceive Kosmos the way it really is, kindly please explain:
    What exact theory of reality, fact, evidence or approach that I evaluate as real in practice, or tenable, or viable, or pseudoscientific, or blind religious belief, or untenable, or non-viable herenow is not as I evaluate it?
    What is the specific reality of which you are aware of, and how and by what means other than your bodymind and your 6 senses did it become perceived by you?
    What exact “error” do you see within me and in what exact context am I wrong during our conversation here and at every other thread?
    As regards my “error” and my wrong evaluation, what exactly do I have to do in order to see reality and Kosmos properly?
    😵
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 13:05
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    His monologues are mild compared to sonship. THAT dude LOVES to talk. And talk. And Talk. I'm sure you noticed. Kelly is for sure stuck into Christianity but he is not a proselytizer like you know who.
    You should see Me talkin' when I feel like talkin', sonhouse; I am the preacher of the Evaluation of the Mind😵
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 13:07
    Edit: “The Bible… …the universe or scripture.”

I am by definition at “error” since I cannot conceive Kosmos holistically. All I have is my purely subjective, relative and ever-changing knowledge in the realm of the exact trace of mine in a specific spacetime of Kosmos. This big I am.

If you have something else beyond this, kindly please share it with me😵
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 15:16
    Edit: "How can… …bias before you even begin any evaluation."

As I explained you repeatedly earlier at other threads, I hold no foundational views which are not strictly provisional herenow. I also repeat once more that I hold not some kind of atheistic belief herenow, just as I hold not some kind of theistic belief herenow.
    Therefore I do not acc ...[text shortened]... along with the subjective products of my conceptual and non-conceptual awareness. No big deal😵
    No absolute truth, absolutely? Please stating that in itself is contradictory.

Okay I will try this one more time since the last time I did I felt you ignored it!

Absolute truth is simply truth, because if it were not it wouldn’t be either absolute or truth.

If you reject that, do you reject truth and instead only acknowledge opinion?

This is one of the things I felt you talked around without really addressing head on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree