1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 15:35
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    No absolute truth, absolutely? Please stating that in itself is contradictory.

Okay I will try this one more time since the last time I did I felt you ignored it!

Absolute truth is simply truth, because if it were not it wouldn’t be either absolute or truth.

If you reject that, do you reject truth and instead only acknowledge opinion?

This is one of the things I felt you talked around without really addressing head on.
    No absolute truth, truly according to my purely subjective evaluation of the mind. This product of my sensemaking mechanism is provisionally true to me herenow. No contradiction.

Next, your argument about absolute truth is absurd.
    Absolute truth is not a realm of one's perception because one's perception is by definition non-holistic, as we both accept. Since nobody can comment on any kind of "truth" that exists beyond one's comprehension, nobody can state whether or not this so called absolute reality exists or not; and nobody can come up with conceptual models of this so called absolute reality as if this reality was proven in practice real herenow mental object of his 6 senses. So I reject all kinds of absolute truth and I hold provisionally as true whatever I hold as such according to my evaluation of the mind.

My personal truths are neither beliefs nor opinions. When I see the red light and I stop, I do not stop because I have an opinion or a belief but because I have established specific knowledge in a specific context. My purely subjective personal truths are neither holy, nor eternal, They are simply the way I happen to see and decipher herenow the ever-changing reality in the realm of my own perception; I evaluate them constantly and I am ready to discard them on the spot in the light of new facts and evidence😵
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 17:01
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    No absolute truth, truly according to my purely subjective evaluation of the mind. This product of my sensemaking mechanism is provisionally true to me herenow. No contradiction.

Absolute truth is not a realm of one's perception because one's perception is by definition non-holistic, as we both ac ...[text shortened]... m constantly and I am ready to discard them on the spot in the light of new facts and evidence😵
    You believe Absolute Truth has to be a product of the mind, that the mind is such a judge it produces more than opinions, points of view, etc.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:05
    True no matter what you are going to give an account for your life.
    That is what karma is for.
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 19:08
    Originally posted by @apathist
    So you've investigated the panoply of known gods, and have reason for rejecting all of them, except for your fave. Have you wondered why that is your fave?
    Kelly, why didn't you respect this question? I realize you haven't investigated the panoply of known gods and just operate from indoctrination, but that doesn't make you wrong.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 20:20
    Kelly, why didn't you respect this question? I realize you haven't investigated the panoply of known gods and just operate from indoctrination, but that doesn't make you wrong.
    What more can I add to what I have already said?
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 20:24
    You believe Absolute Truth has to be a product of the mind, that the mind is such a judge it produces more than opinions, points of view, etc.
    How did you come to the conclusion that I believe Absolute Truth has to be a product of the mind?!? I do not say and surely I do not believe such a thing.

I just told you at the post of mine to which you replied, that Absolute Truth is not real and existent to me herenow, and I told you so grounded on my purely subjective evaluation of the mind. On the other hand, I said I am sure that even if some kind of Absolute Truth is real and existent herenow, it is not graspable by us and that, therefore, we cannot comment about it.

Since you believe that Absolute Truth is real and existent herenow, kindly please explain how did you come to grasp it in a way irrelevant to your own bodymind, your own 6 senses and your own sensemaking mechanism.
    😵
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Nov '17 23:33

Absolute truth is not a realm of one's perception because one's perception is by definition non-holistic, as we both ac ...[text shortened]... m constantly and I am ready to discard them on the spot in the light of new facts and evidence😵
    Your “…purely subjective evaluation of the mind.”
    You keep saying this, so I’m thinking, you know I am betting he is using his mind.
    You also repeat this line where you say, product of your sense making mechanism, and I
    took that to mean it is also taking place within your mind. When you say no absolute truth
    according to, repeating your thought processes I’m thinking he is using his mind. Then I’m
    told my argument about absolute truth is absurd, because it isn’t about your mind.

I am starting to think your mind cannot handle the truth, because it is beyond your
    comprehension, except for those things you hold true while saying that some things are
    just not real like absolute truth, because that you know that absolutely.
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 16:31
    Your “…purely subjective evaluation of the mind.”
    You keep saying this, so I’m thinking, you know I am betting he is using his mind.
    You also repeat this line where you say, product of your sense making mechanism, and I
    took that to mean it is also taking place within your mind. When you say no absolute truth
    according to, repeating your thought proces ...[text shortened]... that some things are
    just not real like absolute truth, because that you know that absolutely.
    This is clearly not the case, and therefore I still fail to understand why you read what I say this way. So:

When I said "No absolute truth, truly according to my purely subjective evaluation of the mind. This product of my sensemaking mechanism is provisionally true to me herenow. No contradiction", the sole thing I said is just the following:
    "I am sure that absolute truth does not exist. Since I hold this knowledge of mine strictly provisionally herenow, there is no contradiction from my side". That being said, obviously I am using my mind in order to come up with this assumption, as is the case with all my assumptions.

Next, I told you that your argument about absolute truth is absurd, but I did not said so because "it is not about my mind".
    I said so, because if some sort of absolute truth exists, it is by definition transcendental and therefore out of the ability of our perception, so it is impossible for us to comment about both its existence and its specific nature due to the fact that we cannot conceive holistically the kosmic reality.

So, in order to get through this all, since you believe that Absolute Truth is conceivable, kindly please define it and demonstrate how exactly and by what means other than your bodymind and your 6 senses did you come to grasp and decipher it. I would surely like to get to know what exact kind of truth is beyond my comprehension, whilst your comprehension and your theistic approach can enable you to conceive it.
    😵
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 17:10
    What more can I add to what I have already said?
    If you've got nothing, then that is what you can offer.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 18:36
    This is clearly not the case, and therefore I still fail to understand why you read what I say this way. So:

When I said "No absolute truth, truly according to my purely subjective evaluation of the mind. This product of my sensemaking mechanism is provisionally true to me herenow. No contradiction", the sole thing I said is just the following:
    "I ...[text shortened]... hension, whilst your comprehension and your theistic approach can enable you to conceive it.
    😵
    Why I read it that way is because you keep explaining that way, even your lastest attempt, you do it again.

Years ago I remember a cartoon that reminds me of what I think you are doing. Someone lost something and was looking for it near the ceiling, when asked why he was searching there. He said the lights were better there so he could see to look, even though he lost it elsewhere.

You look within running everything through your judgments, and don’t grasp absolute truth, you then therefore suggest it is not there. This can only be true because you are the finale say to the truth, nothing is going to get past your assumptions.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 18:37
    If you've got nothing, then that is what you can offer.
    Not what I said, but it doesn’t matter you will believe what you want.
  12. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 20:38
    Why I read it that way is because you keep explaining that way, even your lastest attempt, you do it again.

Years ago I remember a cartoon that reminds me of what I think you are doing. Someone lost something and was looking for it near the ceiling, when asked why he was searching there. He said the lights were better there so he could see to look, even ...[text shortened]... true because you are the finale say to the truth, nothing is going to get past your assumptions.
    I am explaining it the way I do and not the way you keep up trying to imply that I am explaining it.

Also, you keep up avoiding to answer my question as regards your so called "Absolute Truth". So be it😵
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Nov '17 22:57
    I am explaining it the way I do and not the way you keep up trying to imply that I am explaining it.

Also, you keep up avoiding to answer my question as regards your so called "Absolute Truth". So be it😵
    You see, feel, taste, hear, and smell to take in what is around you.
    Did I get that right?
    You process all you take it, using your mind.
    Did I get that correct?
    If I tell you something and it’s the truth, it’s the truth isn’t it?
    If I am holding a 5 dollar bill, and I tell you I’m holding a 5 dollar bill, is that the truth absolutely, or only some degree of truth only?
    Am I in error in anything yet?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 01:22
    You see, feel, taste, hear, and smell to take in what is around you.
    Did I get that right?
    You process all you take it, using your mind.
    Did I get that correct?
    If I tell you something and it’s the truth, it’s the truth isn’t it?
    If I am holding a 5 dollar bill, and I tell you I’m holding a 5 dollar bill, is that the truth absolutely, or only some degree of truth only?
    Am I in error in anything yet?
    Where'd you get $5 from?!
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    19 Nov '17 05:46

No absolute truth, truly according to my purely subjective evaluation of the mind.

Which you are not absolutely sure about anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree