Respect

Respect

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
14 Nov 17

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Because it's a concept void of reason or credibility.

The real question is, 'why is it so easy for you to wrap you mind around it?'
What you seem to fail to understand is that the conceptual model of God for many people is not bound by "reason or credibility". To do so is to make God less than He is and brings God down to the level of man.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 17
1 edit

So, when Jesus became the Son of Man he 'temporarily' left the Godhead, and then returned to the Godhead after his resurrection?
No, but He became a man and totally lived as one of us yet without sin. He was who He always is.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @kellyjay
No, but He became a man and totally lived as one of us yet without sin. He was who He always is.
Doesn't this contradict the post above yours by ToO, who said that using credible reasoning 'brings God down to the level of man.'

ToO seems to be saying that bringing God down to the level of man is a bad thing, and yet you seem to be saying this is exactly what God did, 'became a man and totally lived as one of us...'

T

Moves
14 Nov 17

Doesn't this contradict the post above yours by ToO, who said that using credible reasoning 'brings God down to the level of man.'

ToO seems to be saying that bringing God down to the level of man is a bad thing, and yet you seem to be saying this is exactly what God did, 'became a man and totally lived as one of us...'
It was a joke, son.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 17

I can only speak to what I said, He became a man and lived without sin. He then laid down His life, and became sin for our salvation.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Nov 17

Originally posted by @thinkofone
It was a joke, son.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JtnEUPvpus
You do jokes? 😲

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
I can only speak to what I said, He became a man and lived without sin. He then laid down His life, and became sin for our salvation.
And yet called out to the father as though an entirely separate entity?

T

Moves
14 Nov 17

You do jokes? 😲
Evidently you failed to understand that as well.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Nov 17

Evidently you failed to understand that as well.
I'm acquainted sir with Foghorn Leghorn.

T

Moves
14 Nov 17

I'm acquainted sir with Foghorn Leghorn.
lol. Evidently that one went over your head as well. You're built too low.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
14 Nov 17

lol. Evidently that one went over your head as well. You're built too low.
Both 'profound thoughts' and 'naive thoughts' are made possible by electro-chemical reactions in the brain.The trillions of connections in our synapses produce around 4 signals per second for a naive thought and around 800 signals per second for a profound thought. Consequently we can postulate that an intelligent thought weighs more than a silly thought.

With this in mind, it makes perfect sense for me to be 'built too low' as this enables silly thoughts transmitted by others to pass freely over my head, allowing me to address the more weighty thoughts that come my way.

T

Moves
14 Nov 17

Both 'profound thoughts' and 'naive thoughts' are made possible by electro-chemical reactions in the brain.The trillions of connections in our synapses produce around 4 signals per second for a naive thought and around 800 signals per second for a profound thought. Consequently we can postulate that an intelligent thought weighs more than a silly th ...[text shortened]... to pass freely over my head, allowing me to address the more weighty thoughts that come my way.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 17

Yes

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 17

Recall how I told you, we were made body. soul, and spirit? We are not one with God, we are not one with each other, and to show how really broken we are we are not even one with ourselves. When we desire to conduct our lives one way and act another, our spirit could be willing while our flesh is weak. It is not a surprise you/we have a hard time grasping God.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
14 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjayBelieve it or not I believe you, but you have a problem, it is one shared by me and everyone
else here, human nature. I think you do try to respect others, but when we start mixing it up
you can as we all do get a little nasty, but it isn't just you, I find myself doing the same thing.
I'd think truth and reality are kinda forefront. Not a whole lot of wriggle room.